There are 225 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

I hope Chris Carter finds his way on the field this year... That bat looked awesome at the end of last season.
Pin it.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Pin it.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Mar 12, 2011 at 22:07:58 ]

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Mar 12, 2011 at 22:14:27 ]
Cahill and Gonzalez better have big years cause i reached for them in fantasy!

I think they are both going to ball it up, along with Anderson

I like the A's staff a lot
Bailey left with the game with a sore elbow, To visit Dr.Andrews

nooooo
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Bailey left with the game with a sore elbow, To visit Dr.Andrews

nooooo

I'm afraid we're cursed. The curse of the bash brothers. God is punishing us for steroids.
CC with 2 dingers today.
Man Bailey jumping up like that didn't look good

According to the A's its only a forearm strain. Hopefully it heals up in the next couple of weeks and Bailey can get back on the field. Seems like we dodged a bullet here.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
According to the A's its only a forearm strain. Hopefully it heals up in the next couple of weeks and Bailey can get back on the field. Seems like we dodged a bullet here.

Thank god. I have him on both of my money league teams.
thank God it wasnt worse..

Ill say the same thing I say to Dodgers fans. Last time you guys won it, everyone had mullets and mustaches. 21 years is a LOOOONG time ago.

in the mean time, the Giants have 2 pennants, 1 WS trophy, and more World Series game wins in the last 10 years than any other team with 7.

ive come to not like the A's much because a friend of mine is so "holier than thou" about the A's and the way they do everything from a statistical standpoint, etc. how their farm system is so high class and smart...

However, i do feel bad for the A's fanbase. they dont treat you right anymore. they operate like the Expos used to. develop great players, and trade them away before payday comes for more prospects. repeat cycle. theyre perennially rebuilding, and then theyll sign some over the hill veteran to play DH so they arent 100% 22 year old kids. Frank Thomas, Jason Giambi, Hideki Matsui, etc.

you guys deserve better than that. Billy Beane hasnt been making those same brilliant moves the last few years. the Mark Mulder trade was his last brilliant move. its like now that everyone has read moneyball and figured out that whole strategy, the league has adjusted to him and he doesnt have the upperhand. he used to pick pocket people left and right.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Ill say the same thing I say to Dodgers fans. Last time you guys won it, everyone had mullets and mustaches. 21 years is a LOOOONG time ago.

in the mean time, the Giants have 2 pennants, 1 WS trophy, and more World Series game wins in the last 10 years than any other team with 7. ive come to not like the A's much because a friend of mine is so "holier than thou" about the A's and the way they do everything from a statistical standpoint, etc. how their farm system is so high class and smart...

However, i do feel bad for the A's fanbase. they dont treat you right anymore. they operate like the Expos used to. develop great players, and trade them away before payday comes for more prospects. repeat cycle. theyre perennially rebuilding, and then theyll sign some over the hill veteran to play DH so they arent 100% 22 year old kids. Frank Thomas, Jason Giambi, Hideki Matsui, etc.

you guys deserve better than that. Billy Beane hasnt been making those same brilliant moves the last few years. the Mark Mulder trade was his last brilliant move. its like now that everyone has read moneyball and figured out that whole strategy, the league has adjusted to him and he doesnt have the upperhand. he used to pick pocket people left and right.

Once again you aren't accurate unless the Boston RedSox had their 8 wins and 2 WS titles taken away and I was unaware of it.
Share 49ersWebzone