LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Hayward is back!!! Now lets see who gets traded.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Hayward is back!!! Now lets see who gets traded.

Kind of thinking maybe we don't need to trade. When this team plays well they really are a pretty good team. Not championship caliber by any means but maybe a shot at winning a first round playoff match. Milsap or Jefferson, possibly even both will be gone next year. With Burks playing good basketball, followed by Hayward, followed by Favors, add in Kanter, our nucleus is pretty legit. Add in the fact that we have lots of money to spend to build around these guys, it's going to be fun to see what we do. Also seeing the Warriors slide is nice(sorry W's fans). Just think if we can obtain a lottery pick from them.

I don't know. Maybe we should just take the hit this year. It's not like we're going anywhere regardless of a trade. Well unless we can get a legit player(Bledsoe). Give these guys a little more time to season up, then have ample opportunity to build around them next year.

Wonder what our plan are with this guy though?

Can he be a PG? I think so. Maybe I'm way homer though.
We have to keep Burks, after a slow start he's really turned it on the last couple months and I really hope it stays that way. I think he can play PG too and if we don't get Bledsoe then I'm all for him getting the starting PG spot over Tinsley and Watson. The kid adds a few more dynamics to the team then those two do combined.
I doubt the Jazz make any moves before the deadline. They have been playing really well lately and will only get better once Mo is back. If anybody is traded I think it would be Millsap, but I don't think many teams are interested in a rental. I think the Jazz will work hard this summer to bring Jefferson back.

I love how they are using Burks right now. He makes plenty of mistakes but you can tell he has so much potential, and he is finally making strides. I just hope that once Mo gets back he doesn't become an afterthought.
Just heard on ESPN Radio that with Granger now healthy and with Paul George doing so well that they may trade him for someone like Millsap especially since Millsap is 4 years younger then West who also is gonna be a F/A and resign him. Now Granger is worth 13 M this year and 14 M next year which is really scary and we'd have give up more then just Millsap, but man I'd love to have a guy on the perimeter that can score 20+ a night consistently to go with Al and Favors beating people up down low. Plus he'd open up more shoots for Foyle, Williams and Hayward since he's such a threat.

C: Jefferson
PF: Favors
SF: Granger
SG: Foyle
PG: Williams

Bench
C: Kanter
PF: Mar. Williams
SF: Carroll
SG: Hayward
PG: Burks
  • Jiks
Per Dennis Lyndsey, its official, no trades....

Not overly disappointed but, would have been cool as a fan to make a move if we had a good shot. Oh well guess we'll have plenty of money to build on our nucleus in the off season.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Per Dennis Lyndsey, its official, no trades....

Not overly disappointed but, would have been cool as a fan to make a move if we had a good shot. Oh well guess we'll have plenty of money to build on our nucleus in the off season.

The Jazz will have a lot of decisions to make this off-season. I think they will try to keep one of Al/Millsap, and bring back Mo and Foye.

I would love it if they moved up in the draft to get Marcus Smart, but I see that as very unlikely. I think they will end up with a guy like Trey Burke or Carter-Williams, which I wouldn't mind at all.
  • Jiks
What do you all think about 3 starters going for 0 points last game? Bench outscored starters something like 59 or 56 to 35?
Apparently Corbin said something about a lineup change coming. I really hope foye and Marvin are replaced with Hayward and Carroll. I'd love to see Burks start at pg, but I doubt it happens
Also I really hope Marvin opts out next year...hes been terrible all year. I'd much rather have Carroll take his minutes at this point

I agree completely! Marvin has been a bum his whole career and that hasnt changed in a new environment. Carroll is awesome and I'm glad we got him last year. I was a huge fan of him at Missouri. Dude plays at 110% every night.
Well Pierce totally owned Carroll in the 4th adn in OT. Poor kid couldn't catch a break against him. This team really needs to learn how to keep pushing in the second half. Seems like in every game we fall apart in the second half. I watched the game tonight and we were awesome in the first half especially Marvin and Gordon but we just fell apart as soon as the 3rd quarter started. I couldn't believe how sloppy we were and it cost us tonight for sure.
  • Jiks
Well Pierce totally owned Carroll in the 4th adn in OT. Poor kid couldn't catch a break against him. This team really needs to learn how to keep pushing in the second half. Seems like in every game we fall apart in the second half. I watched the game tonight and we were awesome in the first half especially Marvin and Gordon but we just fell apart as soon as the 3rd quarter started. I couldn't believe how sloppy we were and it cost us tonight for sure.

I would comment but I've been beating the rotations and lack of play from our starters all year. It's seems to the point that nothing is going to change, and at this moment not sure if we are even going to make the playoffs. We have one of the toughest schedules coming up, and if we keep taking off quarters, in which I see no reason we wont we are going to be in serious trouble.

Maybe we're just not as good as I once imagined. But to watch our starters get their butts kicked night in and night out with no changes to the lineup it's a bit discouraging.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I would comment but I've been beating the rotations and lack of play from our starters all year. It's seems to the point that nothing is going to change, and at this moment not sure if we are even going to make the playoffs. We have one of the toughest schedules coming up, and if we keep taking off quarters, in which I see no reason we wont we are going to be in serious trouble.

Maybe we're just not as good as I once imagined. But to watch our starters get their butts kicked night in and night out with no changes to the lineup it's a bit discouraging.

We have the talent just not the mentality and the focus to succeed and its coming from Coach Corbin on down. We have so much potential yet we can't get it together for 4 quarters. I am glad Burks got a lot more time though. He needs to start soon cuz he was awesome last night and the team seemed to do better with Tinsley on the bench for the whole game. Foyle lack of PT kinda surprised me though. He's 4 away from breaking Okur's franchise record for 3s yet he barely played last night. It was really odd.
Kanter starts, and goes for 23 and 22....i know it was against the bobcats, but that's still very impressive. Favors played well the game before this with 17pts and 15reb, but fouled out fairly quickly tonight. If he can play without fouling as often, he and kanter will be very fun to watch. Loved what Evans did with some real play time. Can't wait until we get to see some more games feating the young guys
Share 49ersWebzone