LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Keep losing
  • Jiks
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Keep losing

Unfortunately we just may.

Get our full lineup back tonight for the first time since November so just maybe we can quite playing like little b***hes and start winning. This isn't a bad team. When they play well they are a possible 5-6 seed, but they do have some horrible flaws that ruin everything. Not sure right now is the best time to be fixing these flaws and losing to Cleveland in the process is flat out deflating..
The Utah Jazz will sign Travis Leslie, according to a source.

Leslie is currently playing for the Santa Cruz Warriors of the D-League.
He's averaging 16 ppg 7 rpg and 2 apg so lets see what he can do.
Well we better start looking at the lottery picks and I hope Corbin is fired after the season.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Well we better start looking at the lottery picks and I hope Corbin is fired after the season.

Corbin has been bad enough to get canned already? Were kind of in a rebuilding mode here. Kind of harsh to get rid of him already when hes had no star players to work with.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Corbin has been bad enough to get canned already? Were kind of in a rebuilding mode here. Kind of harsh to get rid of him already when hes had no star players to work with.

Nothing with thie players, its his questionable rotations, putting the hottest players on the bench for long periods of times and then putting cold guys like Foyle in late in the games, and his ridiculous faith in the "veterans" like Tinsley, Watson, and Mar. Williams instead of progressing the young players drive me nuts. We should be a playoff team and he just doesnt have what it takes to get this team motivated enough to close out games. I would love to know the point differential for us in the second half because we never show up after halftime, with the Bulls game as an exception. Its bad coaching not just the players' fault. Our team is definitely good enough for a #6 seed right now but instead we're unraveling.

Nothing with thie players, its his questionable rotations, putting the hottest players on the bench for long periods of times and then putting cold guys like Foyle in late in the games, and his ridiculous faith in the "veterans" like Tinsley, Watson, and Mar. Williams instead of progressing the young players drive me nuts. We should be a playoff team and he just doesnt have what it takes to get this team motivated enough to close out games. I would love to know the point differential for us in the second half because we never show up after halftime, with the Bulls game as an exception. Its bad coaching not just the players' fault. Our team is definitely good enough for a #6 seed right now but instead we're unraveling.

Fair enough. I havent been following as closely as I should.

The NBA is a star driven league, so the total lack of star players has to count for something. Its pretty much impossible to win a title in the NBA with less than 2 stars, and the Jazz have none. Corbin hasnt impressed me at all since he took over, but you cant just give a coach a team where Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are the best players and expect them to be a contender.

We had a little something going with Williams, Boozer, and Kirilenko, but they let it fizzle out instead of building on it. One frustrating thing about the Jazz is how conservative they always are with their draft/free agency/trades. They rarely make the high upside pick, or trade for a high risk/reward guy. Its always safe, fundamental basketball. Thats nice and all, but it doesnt win titles anymore.

I still cant figure out what happened to the NBA. It was the sport that first turned me into a sports fanatic. I was a HUGE basketball from from 1993-2002. Now i barely pay attention.
  • Jiks

Fair enough. I havent been following as closely as I should.

The NBA is a star driven league, so the total lack of star players has to count for something. Its pretty much impossible to win a title in the NBA with less than 2 stars, and the Jazz have none. Corbin hasnt impressed me at all since he took over, but you cant just give a coach a team where Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap are the best players and expect them to be a contender.

We had a little something going with Williams, Boozer, and Kirilenko, but they let it fizzle out instead of building on it. One frustrating thing about the Jazz is how conservative they always are with their draft/free agency/trades. They rarely make the high upside pick, or trade for a high risk/reward guy. Its always safe, fundamental basketball. Thats nice and all, but it doesnt win titles anymore.

I still cant figure out what happened to the NBA. It was the sport that first turned me into a sports fanatic. I was a HUGE basketball from from 1993-2002. Now i barely pay attention.

If you haven't been watching that much you probably haven't seen the every day progression in guys like Kanter, Favors, and Burks. Our only win in the last 9 games was when both Milsap and Jefferson were out due to injury. That's the game Kanter had 20/20. Next night Favors has 17 or 19 points after the third and doesn't get in the game again. Next game Kanter had the same and sits the entire 4th.

Man I'm trying to give Corbin the benefit of the doubt but this stuff is mind boggling. How can a team not have a play to inbounds the ball? How can a team not have a play when we are down by 1 late in the game(last 3 games), how can an NBA team not know how to beat a zone? We had basically the same team(actually I would say much better last year) last year, and we've regressed, not gotten better. This is just the tip of the iceberg, I could go on for another paragraph or so. Again I understand this is probably a much harder situation than were given Corbin credit for, but it's so many things that have me scratching my head.
We're done.....
Much needed win tonigh against a team we should always beat. Mo finally got hs touch back and had 20 and the bench was great tonight too except Burks' 4 turnovers. Jeremy Evans stepped up big and played 24 minutes while registering a pretty decent overall line with 8 pts, 7 rebs, 5 asts, and 2 blocks. Next game is on Wednesday against the Thunder.

The Utah Jazz remain in the playoff picture and were engaged in trade talks involving Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, but multiple sources say that general manager Dennis Lindsey expressed a willingness to take a step back next season to get a better pick in the strong 2014 NBA Draft.

The Jazz casually discussed a Millsap for Eric Bledsoe trade, but are comfortable letting both he and Jefferson depart via free agency without compensation.

The Jazz could have dealt Millsap for a high first round pick in 2012, but would have been required to take back a bad contract.

I'm already on the second one after what happened earlier tonight.
Excited for the off-season! I think Millsap and Jefferson both sign elsewhere, and the young guys will finally play next season. All the Jazz need is Burke in the draft and I'll be happy. It would also be nice if Tomic came over next year. I think he would do well off the bench
Jazz record with Mo: 13-18
Record without Mo: 21-15
The Jazz are 20-12 when Tinsley starts

I think we should possibly have Burks start and have Mo come off the bench as our version of Jason Terry or Jamal Crawford. We need some sort of change to spark this team and as much as I'd love to see us start Kanter over Jefferson for his defensive spark its just not gonna happen. The team has no sense of urgency right now so either we give up on the playoffs where we are likely to be swept or we put the rest of our focus on getting the young guys more playing time and setting ourselves up better for next year when we likely won't have Jefferson or Millsap back.
Share 49ersWebzone