LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 144 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Quote:
tribjazz Brian T. Smith
High-ranking Jazz exec agreed with strong assertion by ex-Jazz's Malone about Williams: inmates were running the asylum.

tribjazz Brian T. Smith
Ex-Jazz coach Johnson: “It was something that was building the whole year. Jerry was frustrated and I was frustrated."

tribjazz Brian T. Smith
Ex-Jazz coach Johnson: "During the year, Jerry would say to me, ‘I don’t know if I’m going to make it.’ And I’d say, ‘Let’s go.’ "

Wow crazy to see that Jerry and Phil had lost the team that badly to Williams and whoever else. This is gonna be an interesting trade deadline cuz Smith has reported that no one is safe on the roster.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Saddest season I've ever experienced as a Jazz fan. Makes me wonder if all this woulda happened if we had decided to resign Wesley and maybe Korver this offseason to keep the SG position stabilized and not have to suffer through the inconsistencies of Bell and CJ.

Yep. 1 minute into the 4th and I turn the game off... Pretty darn sad it has come to this. Just can't do it anymore. Boring, slow, no defense, can't hit shots, no SG, no passion, no character, no leader, no go to guy. This is as bad as it gets. This team is the 49ers of basketball.

Definitely a bad year for the jazz, but they are in no way the 49ers of bball.

I dont know about you guys, but this season hasnt been all that bad. losing Sloan and Williams hurts, but in the end its best for the team.

Sloan is almost 70 years old. he wouldve been getting too tired and cranky to coach if he had a full roster of respectful, obedient players. It wouldve been nice if he had been able to finish the season and gotten a final home game recognition from the fans though.

Sloan had to leave sometime. now its just out of the way and we can move forward. The team was also not going anywhere with Williams anyways. were always a 5-8 seed that gets knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round. we need to rebuild and spread the talent around more, which is why the Williams trade made sense.

Williams seemed to be affecting the team negatively, and they probably felt that he was going to bolt for big money when he hit the market anyways. we got a solid PG in return, a lottery pick with big upside, two 1st rounders, and 3 million cash for one guy. the alternative was probably getting one more 1st round exit season next year on top of this years', and then getting nothing when he left.

now we have a big man with big potential and 2 extra 1sts to go along with Millsap and Jefferson.
I guess Millsap was almost traded to the Suns for Pietrus and Robin Lopez. I'm really glad that didnt happen. Still bummed we didnt get any shooters though.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/the-day-the-jazz-died/ this artical sums it up nicely
I guess Millsap was almost traded to the Suns for Pietrus and Robin Lopez. I'm really glad that didnt happen. Still bummed we didnt get any shooters though.

We basically gave up on this season. I say it's time to let the young guys play. I want Hayward and Favors to start getting 20 minutes a game, and Evans to get about 5-10. We're set up for the future now. Yes we lost our best player, be we have some young pieces to build around, and a few solid first round picks. I just wonder if we will move one of our bigs this summer for some wing players.

I don't think the Jazz will ever be the same. I just hope they make the right moves in the offseason to keep building. If we go after Fredette I will lose it. Anyway, this season is over for us, I just hope we get to see improvement from our young guys.
Originally posted by saniner:

We basically gave up on this season. I say it's time to let the young guys play. I want Hayward and Favors to start getting 20 minutes a game, and Evans to get about 5-10. We're set up for the future now. Yes we lost our best player, be we have some young pieces to build around, and a few solid first round picks. I just wonder if we will move one of our bigs this summer for some wing players.

I don't think the Jazz will ever be the same. I just hope they make the right moves in the offseason to keep building. If we go after Fredette I will lose it. Anyway, this season is over for us, I just hope we get to see improvement from our young guys.

I'm surprised we didnt ask for Morrow in the Deron trade he woulda been perfect for Korver's role last season and woulda finally gave us a good shooter. I woulda thrown in CJ as well just to get rid of him and his horrible shot selection. I hope Corbin starts playing the young guys more as well especially Evans since he brings so much energy to the court. I'm looking forward to seeing Favors play as well and I hope the Jazz bring in Karl to help coach the post guys some moves. He says he wants to coach so now would be the time to bring him in.

I'm surprised we didnt ask for Morrow in the Deron trade he woulda been perfect for Korver's role last season and woulda finally gave us a good shooter. I woulda thrown in CJ as well just to get rid of him and his horrible shot selection. I hope Corbin starts playing the young guys more as well especially Evans since he brings so much energy to the court. I'm looking forward to seeing Favors play as well and I hope the Jazz bring in Karl to help coach the post guys some moves. He says he wants to coach so now would be the time to bring him in.

Morrow would have been sick! I would have thrown CJ in there for sure. It's obvious he needs to go. He's the most frustrating player on our team by far. He'll throw up 25 one night, then go for 25 combined the next 4 games. There is almost NO consistency in his game.

I really wish we would have made a trade for some shooters, because with the loss of Deron, we have nobody that can shoot from downtown. I think Harris is a career 30% shooter from 3...

It would be interesting having Malone come back and coach. Favors could learn a lot from him. He has so much potential, and having a good coach will do wonders.

Morrow would have been sick! I would have thrown CJ in there for sure. It's obvious he needs to go. He's the most frustrating player on our team by far. He'll throw up 25 one night, then go for 25 combined the next 4 games. There is almost NO consistency in his game.

I really wish we would have made a trade for some shooters, because with the loss of Deron, we have nobody that can shoot from downtown. I think Harris is a career 30% shooter from 3...

It would be interesting having Malone come back and coach. Favors could learn a lot from him. He has so much potential, and having a good coach will do wonders.

There isnt any consistency in his game and thats why I wish they woulda made him expendable like you for every great game he has, he has 5 horrible games. I dont wanna see him in a Jazz uni after this season ever again. I cant believe we didnt give up anyone for some shooters. Its been the teams biggest weakness all season and now has gotten worse with the loss of Deron. Its gonna be an interesting offseason though thats for sure. I'm hoping we can get rid of Price, Miles, Bell, and Okur, which I hate to say about Mehmet but I just don't think he's ever gonna be the same after his achilles injury.
Wow a win, on the road no less! Jefferson and Millsap carried us tonight in the win over Indiana. THarris came off the bench to have 14 and 5 but had 5 turnovers as well and Favors was 3-3 with 6 points but had 4 fouls. Oh and as far as our outside shooting goes we were 0-6 from downtown.
  • Jiks
Wow a win, on the road no less! Jefferson and Millsap carried us tonight in the win over Indiana. THarris came off the bench to have 14 and 5 but had 5 turnovers as well and Favors was 3-3 with 6 points but had 4 fouls. Oh and as far as our outside shooting goes we were 0-6 from downtown.

Not worried about the T.O's. Hopefully that will get fixed once he gets a better feel for our offense. 6 points for Favors isn't all too shabby either. 6-10 a night from him would be huge. I didn't get to watch the game but read that our defense was pretty good as well. I like that.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Not worried about the T.O's. Hopefully that will get fixed once he gets a better feel for our offense. 6 points for Favors isn't all too shabby either. 6-10 a night from him would be huge. I didn't get to watch the game but read that our defense was pretty good as well. I like that.

Yeah I read that about our defense too and I was like WHAT??? No way! lol Hopefully they keep it up though. I still think we can get in the playoffs this year.
i cant believe we almost traded Millsap...

we just spent big money on him a couple years ago so the Blazers didnt steal him. we shouldve done the same with Matthews too.

hopefully we used these next few 1st rounders on something good. we need to stop taking these goofy white kids like Hayward who end up being role players.

i skimmed over it when i read about it, but is anyone clear about the 1sts we got for Williams? i heard 1 was protected, and 1 wasnt? im not really up on how these kinds of pick trades work. like a team can choose to defer the pick you got until the next year when it might not be as good a spot or something.

So much for the good defensive efforts. How embarrassing.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
So much for the good defensive efforts. How embarrassing.

Damn. Games like that drive me crazy.
I remember earlier this year Orlando lost to OKC 124-125. So frustrating.

I mean seriously, score 110+ points and lose? That's f**king weak. Man up and play some D.
[ Edited by Dino on Feb 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
i cant believe we almost traded Millsap...

we just spent big money on him a couple years ago so the Blazers didnt steal him. we shouldve done the same with Matthews too.

hopefully we used these next few 1st rounders on something good. we need to stop taking these goofy white kids like Hayward who end up being role players.

i skimmed over it when i read about it, but is anyone clear about the 1sts we got for Williams? i heard 1 was protected, and 1 wasnt? im not really up on how these kinds of pick trades work. like a team can choose to defer the pick you got until the next year when it might not be as good a spot or something.

I think the Nets pick for next year is unprotected, which means we get the pick no matter what. The year after is top 7 protected from the Warriors IIRC.

Next year we should have another top 10 pick, possibly top 7. Hopefully there will be a SG for us.
[ Edited by saniner on Feb 26, 2011 at 10:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone