LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 132 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
We need to make a move and our defense needs to get its s**t together.

looks like another typical year in the Western Conference. Jazz make the playoffs anywhere from the 4 to the 8 seed as usual, win the first round if the play an even or slightly weaker team, then lose to LA in the 2nd round. Or, they just lose to LA in the first round.

its like clockwork, and this season is fitting right in line with this schedule.

whats depressing is, in the NBA, you need an elite, almost dynasty caliber team to win a title, which is why the NBA has so many dynastys. its a league of "haves" and "have-nots"

Since 1980 in 31 seasons, Lakers have 10 titles, Bulls have 6, Celtics have 4, Spurs have 4, Pistons have 3, Rockets have 2.

everyone else has 2. 76ers in 83 and Heat in 06. so in 31 years 6 teams have 29 of the championships. 4 back to back champions, 3 three-peats.

imo its bad for the NBA. Lakers/Celtics have won over 50% of the NBA's titles all time. whereas teams like the Cavs, Clippers, Warriors, Kings, Wolves, Grizzlies, Wizards, Bobcats, Raptors, Bucks, Pacers, etc will all probably never sniff a championship again, and if they do itll once for one of those caliber teams every 30 years or longer. the only reason MIA won in 06 was because of Shaq.

sorry im ranting...this is why i dont follow the Jazz super close like Niners/Giants. because the way the NBA is set up, most teams dont have a fighting chance to actually go all the way.

I hate to say it, but this is all true. each year I get so excited about basketball, but every year it's the same game for Jazz fans. Unless we sign or trade for another star player, the best we can hope for is a 2nd round exit in the playoffs.

That being said, I hope we make a move in the coming weeks. It couldn't hurt our chances.

I agree with 99 too I just love the Jazz so much that I always remain hopeful especially with the 49ers being such a mess. A deal that could be interesting is if we traded Ak's contract for Michael Redd since he'll be back in March and I think his contract expires at the end of the season as well. If it doesn't then I wouldn't be for it but Redd would give us a great shooter at SG and we could start Hayward or Miles at SF and have Bell on the bench.
Has Raja figured out how to shoot in the last few games?
It's weird. I didn't think Utah played that well last night, but the numbers suggest otherwise.

I thought it was more the Kings collapsing than Utah dominating. Turnovers were killer, and it seemed like most were unforced.

Either way, good win.

[ Edited by SacRock14 on Feb 8, 2011 at 09:38:04 ]
Originally posted by SacRock14:
It's weird. I didn't think Utah played that well last night, but the numbers suggest otherwise.

I thought it was more the Kings collapsing than Utah dominating. Turnovers were killer, and it seemed like most were unforced.

Either way, good win.

Yeah I thought we got lucky last night. I watched a bit of it at the gym and couldn't believe how bad we were playing and then I got home and saw that we won. Definitely surprised the hell out of me.
  • Jiks
Got me tickets to see Boozer tonight! Not sure what my reaction is going to be. Either or, I just want a victory. And tbh, would rather see D.Will school Rose than any Boozer things. Should be fun!
http://www.fox13now.com/live/

Link for the press conference
well......for the first time in my life, Jerry Sloan isnt employed by the Utah Jazz.

• Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Got me tickets to see Boozer tonight! Not sure what my reaction is going to be. Either or, I just want a victory. And tbh, would rather see D.Will school Rose than any Boozer things. Should be fun!

Originally posted by Niners99:
well......for the first time in my life, Jerry Sloan isnt employed by the Utah Jazz.

Same here, tonight's game is gonna be wierd to watch without him there.
Quote:
Jeff Hornacek is expected to take on a larger role with the Jazz, likely becoming an assistant coach under Ty Corbin.

Longtime Utah coach Jerry Sloan stepped down on Thursday.

Hornacek played for the Jazz from 1994 to 2000.

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
Jeff Hornacek is expected to take on a larger role with the Jazz, likely becoming an assistant coach under Ty Corbin.

Longtime Utah coach Jerry Sloan stepped down on Thursday.

Hornacek played for the Jazz from 1994 to 2000.

I like this. We'll see what kind of changes are in store for the Jazz in a few weeks. I knew it was time for Sloan to leave, but leaving like this sucks. Anyway, I'm excited about Corbin and Hornacek! It'll be interesting to see what changes they make, if any.

Also, I STILL want them to trade for another SG. Raja has been doing well as of late, but he is the only SG on the roster, and he has been bad all year. We have about 28 more games or so left and we've dropped out of first place the last 2 weeks. We know what we are, and we're not a team that can compete with the best. As always.
  • Jiks
I like that Gordon Hayward is getting minutes. I've always though he just needs to be in the game to get comfortable and he could make an impact. Good start so far, but still seeing the bonehead mistakes we love to make.
  • Jiks
I know it's only Corbins first game but, this just shows who's fault this slump really is on. The players... What a half A$$ attempt at a 2nd half. This is really starting to get frustrating. Coming out and playing with energy then just trying to coast to the finish. Pretty dissapointing. 26 second half points. 4 home losses in a row. A little pissed off if you don't get my drift.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I know it's only Corbins first game but, this just shows who's fault this slump really is on. The players... What a half A$$ attempt at a 2nd half. This is really starting to get frustrating. Coming out and playing with energy then just trying to coast to the finish. Pretty dissapointing. 26 second half points. 4 home losses in a row. A little pissed off if you don't get my drift.

We all are this is just horses**t and it just shows the lack of leadership we have on this team. I hate to say it but I think losing Boozer has been the main reason for this b/c D-Will just isn't the type of guy to lead the team and no one else can get teh same reaction like Booze did. I'm starting to see why Sloan wanted to keep him now. Also its nice to see The Mailman have Sloan's back as well.

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY -- An agitated Karl Malone says the Jerry Sloan he knows would never quit anything and suggested the only thing his longtime Utah Jazz coach tired of was the garbage that came with the job.

Malone, a two-time NBA Most Valuable Player and one of greatest power forwards in league history, also vowed to honor Sloan's legacy by becoming a coach himself someday.

In a coincidence, Malone had made plans to attend Friday night's game against the Phoenix Suns, which will be Ty Corbin's debut as the Jazz's new coach. Malone says he arranged for the pregame press conference to speak his mind because Thursday was not a good day for him to react.

Gosh this is getting to be too much.
Share 49ersWebzone