Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 850 users in the forums

***OFFICIAL USAMNT 2010 WC THREAD***

  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,488
Oguchi will make it for his experience and size. Pretty much the last guys on each position you wrote will be cut
I want Davies to make it, but I have doubts about him being 100%.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Can we please play Carlos at left back ...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I want Davies to make it, but I have doubts about him being 100%.

Yeah me too, I would rather give Buddle a shot he has been tearing it up in MLS
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I want Davies to make it, but I have doubts about him being 100%.

Yeah me too, I would rather give Buddle a shot he has been tearing it up in MLS

Exactly. I feel a whole lot more comfortable with a guy that's been rolling over a guy that hasn't played a game in months and coming off a broken leg.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,488
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I want Davies to make it, but I have doubts about him being 100%.

Yeah me too, I would rather give Buddle a shot he has been tearing it up in MLS

Me too. Couldn't hurt bringing for work outs
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Roster to be named at 2 ET today ...
Official roster will be announced today @ 11PST on ESPN NEWS
Originally posted by dman:
Can we please play Carlos at left back ...

I like him more in the middle, especially with Oneywu most likely out. So instead of having a strong inside defense, will have to switch to a speed-dominant middle with Bocanegra and Cherundolo in the middle, while we have Bornstein at left back and Spector at right back.

Most likely the middle will have to alternate substitutes for the loss of Oneywu (though even if he's at 80%, we should start him).

On a side note, I'm a huge Davies fan, especially with the ST pairing with Altidore (speed and strength combo), but I have to agree Buddle has been on a roll and Davies is still recuperating, so would understand if we go with a Altidore, Ching, Buddle, Gomez (waste of space, rather have another midfielder) and Casey (I hate Casey, but he's probably the fastest of the group so will need him for particular situations) selections.

Oh, whoever is in SF or BA in general, I want to get a "pro-US" group together to watch the games in the city. If anyone is interested, PM me and maybe we can set up a pub day to watch some of the matches, like the Webzone tailgate
I wish I was in SF Crazy sorry man. Anyone in LA hit me up I down for the US vs England game June 12 @ 11:30am
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
I wish I was in SF Crazy sorry man. Anyone in LA hit me up I down for the US vs England game June 12 @ 11:30am

Ya im looking for a good place to watch, im down in OC though.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
I wish I was in SF Crazy sorry man. Anyone in LA hit me up I down for the US vs England game June 12 @ 11:30am

Ya im looking for a good place to watch, im down in OC though.

OC? I work in Costa Mesa off of South Coast Blvd and Harbor.
But I live in Long Beach. We should try to get some people together to watch a game. I converted my Garage into a Man Cave 49ers style we can chill there or hit a bar.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
I wish I was in SF Crazy sorry man. Anyone in LA hit me up I down for the US vs England game June 12 @ 11:30am

Ya im looking for a good place to watch, im down in OC though.

OC? I work in Costa Mesa off of South Coast Blvd and Harbor.
But I live in Long Beach. We should try to get some people together to watch a game. I converted my Garage into a Man Cave 49ers style we can chill there or hit a bar.

Nice, we are thinking maybe Mutt's in Newport, we'll see.
Hercules Gomez is a BEAST!!! hopefully he makes it, he deserves it. I hope Paco Torres makes it too. Hes a quality midfielder.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone