LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

#4 USC @ #10 OREGON

Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
This game should be great! I strongly believe that if USC wins they should be ranked #2, because they would have road wins @ Ohio State @ Notre Dame and @ Oregon none of the top teams boast a road schedule as tough as that.

You guys can say what you want (TX9er) but facts are facts and the USC road schedule is probably the toughest of the Top 10 teams.

Would the other teams win vs the teams, we will never know because Texas has a cupcake schedule and Florida OOC schedule is garbage. I can go and on but why should I?

That would be great except OSU - overrated, ND - are they even ranked? Oregon - decent at best. Even still a one loss team would never be ranked over an undefeated team like Texas. It's not our fault Utah and Arkansas chickened out of our OOC sked and had to be replaced last minute. I've watched USC this year. they just really aren't that good. Hate to break it to you, but the NCG will be Texas vs the SEC winner, as it should be.

Which will be a horrible game, because Texas, Alabama, and Florida are all terribly overrated. Hell, UF and Alabama would have lost already if the refs hadn't openly given them a game each.
I have a feeling this game is going to be absolutely epic......well at least I hope.
every year usc loses a game and then will dominate whoever they playin the bowl game! They are a top 3 team! FACT! The only reason they lost a game is because barkley and mays were out! Talk about the two most important players on both sides of the team!!!
Originally posted by maximill15:
every year usc loses a game and then will dominate whoever they playin the bowl game! They are a top 3 team! FACT! The only reason they lost a game is because barkley and mays were out! Talk about the two most important players on both sides of the team!!!

That's no excuse for losing to a bad team.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

A team that was winless the year before nonetheless.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AC49er:
Im pulling for USC only because if USC wins and then wins out, there is a good chance they could play in the national championship game if either florida, texas, or alabama falter. also Oregon would still most likely get a berth to a BCS bowl with only 2 losses and that coming against USC & undefeated Boise State. I just want to shut up all the Pac-10 haters

IMHO a 1 loss USC has no business in the NC if Boise St, TCU or Cincy go undefeated. Those teams would be more deserving. Utah proved that just because you don't play in one of the top conferences you could still beat a top team with the mudhole stomp they put into Bama in the Sugar Bowl last year.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

who's coach was a former USC coach, plus USC's qb was terrible
  • evil
  • Veteran

And if that is the case for USC then the win over Notre Dame is not impressive and let's remove it from the record and not talk about that being a tough road game. The game was one play away from going into OT and ND played without arguably one of the top 5 WR's in the country and with a handicap (Charlie Weis at HC).

That s**t goes both ways. I bet LSU, TCU, Boise or Cincy could give USC a run for the freaking money and expose them for being ranked higher than they should be currently as all those teams can be easily argued to be ranked ahead of USuCk and 3 of the 4 are undefeated.
  • evil
  • Veteran

But the QB for USC had a year in the system and many USC fans believed he was going to be the starter before Barkley got the nod. As for Sark he had ZERO HC'ing experience coming in so it does not matter where he coached previously and he did not have all that much time to pull in a good recruiting class and is working with TW's past classes which were not very good.

Excuses excuses.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
This game should be great! I strongly believe that if USC wins they should be ranked #2, because they would have road wins @ Ohio State @ Notre Dame and @ Oregon none of the top teams boast a road schedule as tough as that.

You guys can say what you want (TX9er) but facts are facts and the USC road schedule is probably the toughest of the Top 10 teams.

Would the other teams win vs the teams, we will never know because Texas has a cupcake schedule and Florida OOC schedule is garbage. I can go and on but why should I?

That's arguable and the University of Cincinnati disagrees, but I bet the Pac 10 fans discredit them for being in the Big East.

@ Oregon State (and performed much better than USC did vs this same team only USC was at home)

@ South Florida

@ Pittsburgh

Originally posted by KRS-1:

But the QB for USC had a year in the system and many USC fans believed he was going to be the starter before Barkley got the nod. As for Sark he had ZERO HC'ing experience coming in so it does not matter where he coached previously and he did not have all that much time to pull in a good recruiting class and is working with TW's past classes which were not very good.

Excuses excuses.

I'll be curious to see what your guys excuse will be today after USC wins...

Excuses excuses.

Says the Notre Dame fan
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nipplehead:

Excuses excuses.

Says the Notre Dame fan

The irony is that a USuCk fan whose team for the last few years has lost cupcake games wants to laugh, but last time I checked you guys are still making excuses for losing to a team that was winless last year, blaming Aaron Corp. The same guy so many of you all thought would be the starter, is now tossed under the bus.

So if Barkley loses today's game and then you lose in the Toilet Bowl will you throw him under the bus too and begin to claim that had Mitch Mustain played you'd have been undefeated an in the NC ?
T-minus 5.5 hours!
one team will win
Share 49ersWebzone