Originally posted by crzy:
Sorry, but Kareem belongs in the top 3

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem

That's my top 3

4-10 is too difficult to determine.

remember those 11 rings Russell has?

And Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan.

What's your point?

Kareem >>> Russell

I have to say that Magic was the best NBA player. Lew 2nd MJ 3rd and Larry 4th. Wilt played with a bunch of slow short white dudes.

Wilt played against and mostly dominated: Bill Russell, Nate Thurmond, Jerry Lucas, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wes Unseld, Dave Cowens, Willis Reed, Walt Bellamy, & Zelmo Beaty.

[ Edited by crzy on Sep 11, 2009 at 20:10:57 ]
May I add that Bird was a slow, white guy? Just sayin'.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
If Larry had any athleticism he would by far and away be the best player in basketball history.
The numbers can get inflated because of the amount of possessions, but some perspective on Wilt....

He retired at the end of the 1972-73 season. He was 36. He led the league in rebounding in his last year.

Just like he did the year before that.

And the year before that.

And 7 out of his last 8 years in the league.

He was a 7'1" center who once averaged 8.6 assists per game over the course of a season, which was good enough for SECOND in the league. Yeah, he led the league in rebounding that year too. He was 4th in the league in scoring.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The numbers can get inflated because of the amount of possessions, but some perspective on Wilt....

He retired at the end of the 1972-73 season. He was 36. He led the league in rebounding in his last year.

He was a 7'1" center who once averaged 8.6 assists per game over the course of a season, which was good enough for SECOND in the league. Yeah, he led the league in rebounding that year too. He was 4th in the league in scoring.

So who you got Wilt or Kareem?
Originally posted by crzy:
If Larry had any athleticism he would by far and away be the best player in basketball history.

Mentally, Bird was the quickest player I've ever seen. He saw things that others didn't see, and saw them quicker than anyone else did. The only players I've ever seen that compare in that respect are Magic & Kidd.
Originally posted by JDeezy:

So who you got Wilt or Kareem?

Wilt, with no disrespect intended to the Big Fella.

okay you both talked me into it, Wilt 1st, Magic 2nd MJ 3rd Lew 4th and Larry 5th. If Larry was Black I would vote him 2nd.
I was reading an MJ book some years ago, one in which he actually talked about himself and the NBA. He talked about how he didn't think James Worthy should've been one of the top 50 players, but what was more interesting was thoughts on Wilt. Now this had to be 10 years ago or so, but he said that Wilt if he faced competition at his peak would be comparable to Shaq in the modern age, meaning he didn't think Wilt's accomplishments were as startling as they seemed because of in his opinion the lack of competition. This is not my opinion just something I read that MJ said. No link cuz it was in a book I read some while back.
I was reading an MJ book some years ago, one in which he actually talked about himself and the NBA. He talked about how he didn't think James Worthy should've been one of the top 50 players, but what was more interesting was thoughts on Wilt. Now this had to be 10 years ago or so, but he said that Wilt if he faced competition at his peak would be comparable to Shaq in the modern age, meaning he didn't think Wilt's accomplishments were as startling as they seemed because of in his opinion the lack of competition. This is not my opinion just something I read that MJ said. No link cuz it was in a book I read some while back.

Well, if Shaq cared all of the time, he'd be considered the GOAT, and I don't think it would even be all that close. Wilt always busted his ass, and was in great shape his entire career.

Well, if Shaq cared all of the time, he'd be considered the GOAT, and I don't think it would even be all that close. Wilt always busted his ass, and was in great shape his entire career.

Wilt busted ass on and off the court......remember when Shaq tried to compare himself to Wilt in terms of sexcapades and he talked about how he slept with Claudia Schiffer and Venus and Serena.....that was high comedy
1A MJ I hated him but I give him his props. Easily the best 1 on 1 player of all time

1b Magic Any who can win a championship playing all positions on the floor in the championship series his rookie year. Best team player of all time

give both these guys the same team I bet MJ has more pts overall and probably looks better overall but Magics team wins 9 of 10

That's why I always hated Shaq. He just won the genetic lottery and coasted. Had he tried, he could've been insanely good. Guess that's the difference between the great and the motha-f**kin' best.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Larry
take on mjs speech

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Share 49ersWebzone