LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Ryan Anderson - 6'10" 240lbs - 8pts and 5reb per game in only 19mpg during his rookie campaign.

He's only 21.

yeah but hes white
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The deal's done, per Hoopsworld.

yeah Espn has said its a done deal as well

This has been an awesome couple of days. Shaq in Cleveland, Carter in New Jersey, Minnesota moving up...and the draft doesn't even happen for a couple of hours.

I bet Tyson Chandler gets dealt.

This has been an awesome couple of days. Shaq in Cleveland, Carter in New Jersey, Minnesota moving up...and the draft doesn't even happen for a couple of hours.

This has been a fun couple of days, some very interesting moves are gonna make for a very interesting season, dont forget jefferson to san antonio

This has been a fun couple of days, some very interesting moves are gonna make for a very interesting season, dont forget jefferson to san antonio

That's right. Seems like 3 weeks ago.

Those are 3 SERIOUS contenders adding major pieces in the last couple of days.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yeah, crazy couple of days..and the East keeps getting stronger

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

Foye and Miller to Washington
Originally posted by jrg:

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

I like the squad The Wizards have put together, they are not a championship contender but thats gonna be a solid squad that gives team troubles
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Quote:
This does not end the Magic's pursuit of free agent small forward Hedo Turkoglu, but it certainly makes it harder for Hedo to consider leaving town. The Magic have every intention of continuing their pursuit of Turkoglu.

Quote:
Quick look at the dollars: This is a huge financial commitment from the Orlando Magic. It adds roughly $16 million to their salary commitments for both 2010-11 and 2011-12, when Carter will be approaching 35 years of age. It also adds a little over $2 million to their obligations for 2009-10, which is what will impact the money they have available for Turkoglu.

Remember, they can re-sign Turkoglu with his Bird Rights, but they have previously indicated they would only exceed the Luxury Tax level for the right set of personnel. Are Turkoglu and Carter together the right set?

Link
  • jrg
  • Veteran

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

I like the squad The Wizards have put together, they are not a championship contender but thats gonna be a solid squad that gives team troubles

Yeah, w/ Arenas coming back and adding Foye and Miller..I could see them making the playoffs next season.

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

Yeah, w/ Arenas coming back and adding Foye and Miller..I could see them making the playoffs next season.

Cleveland wont like that....lol.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

Why do you say that?

• jrg
  • Veteran
Also, Alston may be waived to save New Jersey more money.

I can't see him being happy sitting as a backup again..unless New Jersey wants to use a small lineup and move Harris to the 2 guard.

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

Why do you say that?

Oh just a little joke. When those two teams get together, it gets ugly but entertaining. Lots of trash talk between the two.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

Why do you say that?

Oh just a little joke. When those two teams get together, it gets ugly but entertaining. Lots of trash talk between the two.

Oh yeahhhh. I remember that. I was thinking too much into it thinking you were implying Cleveland gets the #1 seed and Washington gets in as the #8.

Orlando gets the #1 seed next year after this deal.

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

Why do you say that?

Oh yeahhhh. I remember that. I was thinking too much into it thinking you were implying Cleveland gets the #1 seed and Washington gets in as the #8.

Even though losing Lee is huge, I think we just have as much potential in Anderson at PF. But I don think the Magic are done trading just yet.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jun 25, 2009 at 14:26:58 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

VC to Orlando

Shaq to Cleveland

Crawford to Atlanta

Why do you say that?

Even though losing Lee is huge, I think we just have as much potential in Anderson at PF. But I don think the Magic are done trading just yet.

Anderson won't start at PF. He's probably in the deal to replace Battie. IF we don't make any more moves, our starting lineup I'd expect would be this

Nelson
Carter
Pietrus
Lewis
Howard

But, I also expect us to make another move or so.
Share 49ersWebzone