LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Marquez vs Mayweather

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
don't get me wrong.. what mayweather has done puts him up as one of the greatest

but why didn't he go straight to pacman? pretty boy says strategy does not matter.. that he can adapt to any fighter in the ring.. but pacman is probably not like any other dude he has boxed.. unorthodox.. speed is probably equal.. if not faster

yeah pac has the a couple in the losses column.. but he is not the same fighter he was 2 years ago.. how long did it take mayweather to beat hatton? how long did it take pac? yeah exactly

it's clear what mayweather is doing.. he looks for fights he knows he can win.. he dodges and ducks in real life like he does in the ring.. little b!tch

the hate mayweather attracts is outrageous.

marquez whooped pacman twice. if mayweather was looking for an easy fight this sure isn't it. and mayweather fought hatton when hatton was at his peak, he wasn't the same fighter after he got embarrassed.

I was going to say the same thing, beating Marquez will bring Manny's $ demands down because if Floyd KO's Marques in the first round than what would that say about Manny (using the same analogy) who basically lost two fights to Marquez but got away with a split decision win and a draw in those two fights?

The two fighters Manny beat (Oscar & Hatton) were already broken by Floyd!

Wow! do you guys even watch Boxing. Get off PBF jock he is not that good DLH took PBF 12 rounds and Hatton went 11.
When PAC-Man fought them he destroyed them both, and I am a huge DLH Fan.

Pac-Man vs Marquez were very intense but Marquez never beat Pac-Man out right.
Hell Mayweather lost to Castillo if you want to go that rout.
Marquez is on his way out, Journey man Juan Diaz had him beat in his last fight but lost control of the fight. Read that again DIAZ had him beat.
JMM is on the decline big time.
PBF took the easiest contender again, he could have fought Magarito, Cotto or even Paul Williams but he picked the fighter that looked terrible in his last big fight.
PBF will beat JMM but HE WILL NOT KO him.

PBF is over-rated I have never heard any Boxing writer praise him about his career or anything.

Manny is controlling boxing right now, he has fought anybody who is anybody.
PBF fought no top contenders what-so-ever the last 5 years.
Don't say Hatton was because he was far from that.
Manny fought Marquez twice because he was the No 1 contender.
Surprise he is fighting another cotender Cotto...Not me. Thats what Pac-Man does.
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
don't get me wrong.. what mayweather has done puts him up as one of the greatest

but why didn't he go straight to pacman? pretty boy says strategy does not matter.. that he can adapt to any fighter in the ring.. but pacman is probably not like any other dude he has boxed.. unorthodox.. speed is probably equal.. if not faster

yeah pac has the a couple in the losses column.. but he is not the same fighter he was 2 years ago.. how long did it take mayweather to beat hatton? how long did it take pac? yeah exactly

it's clear what mayweather is doing.. he looks for fights he knows he can win.. he dodges and ducks in real life like he does in the ring.. little b!tch

marquez whooped pacman twice. if mayweather was looking for an easy fight this sure isn't it. and mayweather fought hatton when hatton was at his peak, he wasn't the same fighter after he got embarrassed.

I was going to say the same thing, beating Marquez will bring Manny's $ demands down because if Floyd KO's Marques in the first round than what would that say about Manny (using the same analogy) who basically lost two fights to Marquez but got away with a split decision win and a draw in those two fights?

Wow! do you guys even watch Boxing. Get off PBF jock he is not that good DLH took PBF 12 rounds and Hatton went 11.

Marquez is on his way out, Journey man Juan Diaz had him beat in his last fight but lost control of the fight. Read that again DIAZ had him beat.
PBF took the easiest contender again, he could have fought Magarito, Cotto or even Paul Williams but he picked the fighter that looked terrible in his last big fight.

PBF is over-rated I have never heard any Boxing writer praise him about his career or anything.

Surprise he is fighting another cotender Cotto...Not me. Thats what Pac-Man does.

I love how you say Manny has fought everybody, yet he and Floyds big fights are pretty much against the same opponents yet Floyd has'nt fought anyone, you can't have it both ways. Besides like I said before Floyd had already broken Hatton and Oscar for Manny so Floyd it is!
I can't wait for Saturday!

This is like a second super bowl for me.

I don't think Marquez is going to win, but I think it will be close.

I'm not counting out JMMarquez.

Dude can adapt on the fly and is one of the SMARTEST boxers out there.
There's a RUMOR floating around that Mayweather supposedly hurt himslft while training and that the fight is called off for this Saturday... I'll see if I can find a link...

Originally posted by kidash98:
There's a RUMOR floating around that Mayweather supposedly hurt himslft while training and that the fight is called off for this Saturday... I'll see if I can find a link...

no way, I'd know about it already. Cuz I'd be the one having to remove the PPV event from the cable system.

or at least i'm hoping it's not true! That would suck!!!

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Sep 15, 2009 at 16:53:52 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

no way, I'd know about it already. Cuz I'd be the one having to remove the PPV event from the cable system.

or at least i'm hoping it's not true! That would suck!!!

again, just a RUMOR...

• eddie23
  • Info N/A
It's going to be played in theaters!!!!

Only downside is no alcohol. Bah!
Originally posted by eddie23:

for reals? There's a theater near me that sells beer.

i wouldn't doubt it.. didn't b!tchweather already postpone the fight once?
  • eddie23
  • Info N/A

Where's that? Haha! If it's around the bay, I'll hit it up!

• eddie23
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

I love how you say Manny has fought everybody, yet he and Floyds big fights are pretty much against the same opponents yet Floyd has'nt fought anyone, you can't have it both ways. Besides like I said before Floyd had already broken Hatton and Oscar for Manny so Floyd it is!

This
  • eddie23
  • Info N/A

BTW here's the list of theaters showing it. There's quite a few around me.

http://www.ncm.com/FathomContent/PDF/Participating%20Theatres_MVM_0829009.pdf

So.Cal. Sorry man.
  • eddie23
  • Info N/A

So.Cal. Sorry man.

Bummer.
Goldstandard, to say Marquez "whooped" Pacman twice is outrageous.

3 knockdowns the first fight vs outboxing 2 out of every 3 rounds the rest of the way does not equate to a whooping. He utilized the perfect defensive strategy against Pac and used Pac's aggressiveness against him, but in no way was that a whooping. There's a reason why it was a split decision (IIRC)

2nd fight was also a split decision, no matter who you think won the fight. It wasn't anything more. Add in yet another knockdown of Marquez and that isn't a whooping.

Glory, to say that their "big fights" are identical. Yes, they both fought Hatton and DLH, but Pac came up as the smaller man to fight both and I wouldn't go to say they're "big fights". Big money fights yes, but in terms of competition, both pale in comparison to the wars he had with the following fighters:

Erik Morales
Juan Manuel Marquez
Marco Antonio Barrera

Besides the looming Marquez fight, Mayweather never fought anyone with Morales or Barrerra's hall-of-fame credentials.
Share 49ersWebzone