There are 106 users in the forums

Official San Jose Sharks Offseason Thread

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Jeremy Roenick Is going to retire

Loved watching him with the Flyers and of course with the Sharks

All i have to say is Im sorry we suck in the playoffs and it was a pleasure to watch this guy. Wasnt the best, but there was just something about him

sucks we couldnt get the guy a sc great guy to have in the locker room. hope he still sticks around with the organization

Serioulsy! Sorry JR. The sharkies were a big cock tease last year. You gave it your all man.
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Jeremy Roenick Is going to retire

Loved watching him with the Flyers and of course with the Sharks

All i have to say is Im sorry we suck in the playoffs and it was a pleasure to watch this guy. Wasnt the best, but there was just something about him

sucks we couldnt get the guy a sc great guy to have in the locker room. hope he still sticks around with the organization

Serioulsy! Sorry JR. The sharkies were a big cock tease last year. You gave it your all man.

:( Yeah.. bah. He came back for one more try and we couldn't get it done.. Sigh..

Good guy. Great player.

Who'll be there this year as that leader instead? Hmm...
Who are some the players you wish you could have seen play?

wish i could have watched denis savard play, im watching some of his highlights guy was amazing.

I also wish I could watch Joe Thornton (regular season version), in the post season!!

• NickV
  • Veteran

Well f**k, now im really pissed that we didnt get him a cup!

"You made me a better hockey player," said Roenick, who called Modano the best American-born player of all time. "You were who I tried to be." - Roenick.

Kinda funny how things worked out. Roenick early in his career appeared to be the better player in the Chicago Years. Then in the mid 90's he went to Coyotes and he stopped growing as a player. Mo got Hitchcock who raised Mo's game and made him a complete player.

If Roenick had the leadership/maturity he had with SJ, and maybe a lil less beer and steak diet, Roenick would have been an even better player IMO.

I'm really annoyed that Roenick went to the Coyotes. Could you imagine him if was in a big market like NY Rangers instead?
I can't wait until Doug Wilson is gone. Re-signs Blake and Clowe and basically calls it an offseason. What a joke.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I can't wait until Doug Wilson is gone. Re-signs Blake and Clowe and basically calls it an offseason. What a joke.

chill out dude, were strapped with a tight salary cap right now and theres nothing we couldve done signing big names. wilson is trying to trade to make room but were not gonna give away players for the sake of getting under the cap and making us worse. we may of not done anything big but regardless were still 1 of the best teams in the nhl even though we suck in the playoffs.

people are forgetting and jumping on the hawks bandwagon that we and the wings are still juggernauts in the west as well as the whole league. it sucks to have an offseason like were having now but the offseason is not over yet. doug wilson is 1 of the best gm's in the nhl even though we dont have a cup to show for it but its not his fault our big names as well as our other players who produce in the yr cant show up in may.
We can't make any moves because we're tight against the cap, but who's responsible for stacking up all these big contracts? Wilson.

He's managed the cap poorly and now he's backed into a corner with no wiggle room.
We can't make any moves because we're tight against the cap, but who's responsible for stacking up all these big contracts? Wilson.

He's managed the cap poorly and now he's backed into a corner with no wiggle room.

all these contracts are fair market value to be honest. I dont think anyone is overpaid.

Its just if Dougie had to do it all over again, Im sure he wouldnt have given cheech or milan those deals. Other than that....... everything else is fine. The problem is that the players f**k up

all these contracts are fair market value to be honest. I dont think anyone is overpaid.

Its just if Dougie had to do it all over again, Im sure he wouldnt have given cheech or milan those deals. Other than that....... everything else is fine. The problem is that the players f**k up

exactly, couldnt have said it better.
Bump.

So I guess nothing's going on...
What a boring off-season..
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bump.

I guess no one wants cheechoo
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bump.

I guess no one wants cheechoo

We do, here in San Jose. Well, most fans, I'd venture to say.

I know at the very least, all the family I have in San Jose (who are all huge Sharks fans) feel the way I do -- they don't want to see Cheechoo go.
Marleau no longer captain (I know we all expected this)....Just bumping the thread.

Boyle is the most likely candidate to replace Marleau as captain
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_13148502?source=rss
Share 49erswebzone