Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 553 users in the forums

49ers select Jordan Watkins-WR-Ole Miss with the 138th pick in the 2025 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
I hope DEEVAH gets cut so Air Jordan can get his chance...

This wet dream of yours is not happening

Jordan can still make the team if he keeps looking good in preseason
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by miked1978:

Originally posted by Afrikan:
I hope Jordan makes the team, and gets playing time.

No offense to Robinson or Christian Kirk, but I want to move forward with the youth.

Same but i think Robinson is almost a lock and by all accounts he has earned it in camp. Kirk on the other hand might find himself on the outside looking in. Same with Cowing who can't stay healthy.

Mike Evans
Deebo
Robinson
Stribling
Watkins (he also got some reps at ST so that only helps his chances)


Kirk?

We already know Evans, Stribling and Dweebo are locks and it's probably safe to say Robinson over Kirk. If Jordan looks good at practice / preseason, Kirk is either gone or PS. Would Shanny carry 6 on the roster Injuries happen like a MFr on this team so maybe. Also, what if they only carry 3 RBs and have Dweebo as the 4th / reserve, does that help Kirk's chances. I think Jordan is in because he's also ST (punt/kick returner) and Cowing has no shot over Kirk...

finally, good to see it
Thought he looked good. Ran sine nice routes. Would love to see him seize that 3/4 WR spot
I thought he was fine. Definitely roster worthy. Now if he can stay healthy
That Ole Miss ➡ 49ers factory looking mighty solid right now.
[ Edited by Wolf_Packer_53 on Aug 15, 2026 at 12:13 PM ]
I think he's a keeper- he's fast, he's got good college record, and I saw his interview he seems to be a good character kid. We need to stack up more with high potential young players. I still have hopes for Cowing, too
Watkins looks solid. Sometimes you gotta go through Kyles signature WR doghouse to get better. Aiyuk did it, but he got crazy.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Watkins looks solid. Sometimes you gotta go through Kyles signature WR doghouse to get better. Aiyuk did it, but he got crazy.

Would love to see Watkins show this year. We need to get younger at WR.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Thought he looked good. Ran sine nice routes. Would love to see him seize that 3/4 WR spot

Won't be WR3; you know Deebo is in the top 3, and I hope it isn't 2.

I'd like it to be:
1. Evans
2. Strib
3. Deebo/Watkins/Robinson; let all three of them split those reps without taking away any from our top 2.
As long as Strib, Deebo drob and Evans are healthy I doubt we see Watkins much.

I feel like he's battling for the last spot against Cowing, and it will come down who is healthy and can return punts better
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
As long as Strib, Deebo drob and Evans are healthy I doubt we see Watkins much.

I feel like he's battling for the last spot against Cowing, and it will come down who is healthy and can return punts better

Deebo better show up this year if he is going to take WR snap
s away from Stribling Robinson, Watkins. Shany has a hard on for Deebo and was and is again, a problem.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
As long as Strib, Deebo drob and Evans are healthy I doubt we see Watkins much.

I feel like he's battling for the last spot against Cowing, and it will come down who is healthy and can return punts better

Again, Cowing is tiny imo. Not sure how he'll hold up compared to Watkins long term.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
As long as Strib, Deebo drob and Evans are healthy I doubt we see Watkins much.

I feel like he's battling for the last spot against Cowing, and it will come down who is healthy and can return punts better

Again, Cowing is tiny imo. Not sure how he'll hold up compared to Watkins long term.
Cowing done nothing. He's as good as gone at the cutdown.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone