Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 698 users in the forums

49ers select Mykel Williams-DE-Georgia with the 11th pick in the 2025 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Please ball out Mykel!

Let's Go!!!

💯
Originally posted by Scoots:
Jordan Jefferson.

The original conversation was about careers not just this game.

Even if it is just this one game pointing at last years run defense with a number of different players on defense and a different person running the scheme seems like a hollow argument to try to make. This defense is not very much like last year's defense.

Ohh Jordan Jefferson nvm our interior run defense will be just fine then. 😂 I'm talking about what we've seen in preseason doesn't look like Collins nor West are quite ready. Hopefully Davis and Elliottt hold it down and Warner can help. I don't want Mykel DT full time but I think having Huff/Mykel/Elliott/Bosa on base downs is better than Mykel/Davis/Elliott/Bosa

Originally posted by frenchmov:
First off, OUR backups played against denvers starters and allowed no points, got plenty of pressure

Secondly, you have seen every player in NFL history at some point get "blown up" by backups of you were to watch ever practice/preseason snap. Third, don't put too much stock into preseason, good or bad. Coaches are testing things, players are testing things, let's see what happens.

Lastly, if the 49ers DL was getting absolutely destroyed top to bottom we'd have given up 50 points a game and lost all of our preseason games

Kind of contradicting yourself to not put to much stock in preseason games which I would agree with yet pointing to the broncos game and they did drop us 30-9 Hopefully having Bosa, Mykel and Fred help eat double teams cause Davis/Elliott are meh and Collins/West don't look ready. West did flash so that's a good sign but gave up some plays too and Collins… He has some catching up to do to say the least
…so…did he even register a stat today?
Originally posted by BYisGod:
…so…did he even register a stat today?

Snaps are a stat that is tracked
I didn't see him do anything or close to anything all game long. Pretty much like Georgia. Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. At least in stats and splash plays. Hope he picks it up a lot. It's his first game and he's young. So give him time. But I thought he did nothing today.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I didn't see him do anything or close to anything all game long. Pretty much like Georgia. Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. At least in stats and splash plays. Hope he picks it up a lot. It's his first game and he's young. So give him time. But I thought he did nothing today.

Every time I saw him on the field he was the last of all lineman ( offense and defense) to get out of his stance
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I didn't see him do anything or close to anything all game long. Pretty much like Georgia. Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. At least in stats and splash plays. Hope he picks it up a lot. It's his first game and he's young. So give him time. But I thought he did nothing today.

Every time I saw him on the field he was the last of all lineman ( offense and defense) to get out of his stance

Real question… did he help stop the run like his strength? I didn't watch him closely but keeping their rbs to around 3 yards seems like an upgrade to last year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I didn't see him do anything or close to anything all game long. Pretty much like Georgia. Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. At least in stats and splash plays. Hope he picks it up a lot. It's his first game and he's young. So give him time. But I thought he did nothing today.

He did something... made me yawn like MF
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I didn't see him do anything or close to anything all game long. Pretty much like Georgia. Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. At least in stats and splash plays. Hope he picks it up a lot. It's his first game and he's young. So give him time. But I thought he did nothing today.

He did something... made me yawn like MF

Yeah you could fall asleep watching him today. I did watch for him too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I didn't see him do anything or close to anything all game long. Pretty much like Georgia. Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. At least in stats and splash plays. Hope he picks it up a lot. It's his first game and he's young. So give him time. But I thought he did nothing today.

He did something... made me yawn like MF

Yeah you could fall asleep watching him today. I did watch for him too.

Guy has been on the shelf for several weeks during his rookie season. I highly doubt either of you REALLY watched him when watching a live game.

The tape will show how he played. Gap control and things like that impact the game as well. Yes he didn't make the stat sheet but pump the breaks.

Then again that's not how we roll on here….
Some people here are a joke.

The d and all the kids played well as a unit. Give it time.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

this is the type of stuff the average fan is oblivious to. That Bosa sack doesn't happen without selfless and assignment sound football. Another great call by Saleh to get his big dog a 1-on-1 matchup.

every time I focused on Mykel on rush downs, he was inside and got the center sliding his way; meaning he was the overlapper, and his job is to occupy 2 OL and fill any rush lanes vacated by his teammates.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 7, 2025 at 6:47 PM ]
The Seahawks are a power running team and their goal is to cram it down your throat

They had 84 total rushing yards...DL held strong

Have people already forgotten how bad we were at stopping the run last year?
Originally posted by Heroism:
this is the type of stuff the average fan is oblivious to. That Bosa sack doesn't happen without selfless and assignment sound football. Another great call by Saleh to get his big dog a 1-on-1 matchup.

every time I focused on Mykel on rush downs, he was inside and got the center sliding his way; meaning he was the overlapper, and his job is to occupy 2 OL and fill any rush lanes vacated by his teammates.

I got the sense he did a lot of this dirty work to my untrained eye. I also think Collin's and CJ west did well too.

You know so much more about DLine play than me but I think its a big win with how these kids played.

People just want to see sacks but there were not a lot of opportunities to rush Darnold. They didn't throw much and didn't throw deep much. Very few, very short, very quick passes.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone