49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 691 users in the forums

49ers select Mykel Williams-DE-Georgia with the 11th pick in the 2025 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Talking bout a cuck oline... if he doesn't look solid against their (supposedly) not very good oline, I'll be a little disappointed

Their OL looks much better going into this season. So adjust your expectations.

yeah their o-line looks promising to me, with Cross, Lucas, and Zabel, although Haynes is on IR.
My hope with Mykell tomorrow is I'd like to see him set the edge and help stop that run.
If Seattle can run wild on us, it will be trouble

Yeah I'm certain Seattle will try to run on us early and often and try to hit pass plays off playaction.

We'll find out quickly if the investments we made in stopping the run will be paying off dividends. Hopefully the young guys show what they can do there. Cuz if we can stop their run game our chances of winning are increased substantially imo. I may eat these words but I don't think Darnold can beat us if he's forced to pass more than 30 times.
Seattle is def going to try to establish the run, and that's when Darnold becomes a problem - he can execute the play action.

we need to stop the run early and make him uncomfortable. If we can do that, we have a chance.

what I'm curious about is the crowd. Apparently more than half is supposed to be 49ers. lol I hope we can be louder than the Seahawks expect and disrupt their offense. That would be funny

[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 6, 2025 at 7:18 AM ]
Originally posted by Scoots:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Scoots:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Seems like this dude is mostly taking reps at DT (per Cohn). Not sure how to feel about that since we drafted him at DE to be opposite of Bosa.

Someone make me feel better about this.

We drafted him to make an impact on the DL. If the team feels it's at DT to start and he himself talks about being more comfortable rushing inside then maybe it's not a bad thing. Especially when we don't really have anyone with big pass rush potential inside.

Odds are they will use him similar to how Armstead was used in 2019 or how Seattle used Michael Bennett with great success in the prime years of their defense - edge on early downs. Inside on pass downs.

It's about putting your best guys out there for the defense given what the offense is likely to do. Usually want your big boys vs run looks and your best rushers in obvious pass situations.

DeFo started as an end then moved inside I think.

I think Williams will mostly be a DE with occasional DT snaps.

Isn't he too small to be a primary IDL?

yes, too light ... he could put on the weight, but it doesn't make sense.

Unless his only job is to occupy 2 linemen and do nothing else....let's work ourselves out of that trap of over-focusing on size instead of agility and ability out of boredom.

"I ain't never touched 300," Aaron Donald said. "My first two years, I played at probably 280-285. My third year was around 270-275. Every other year I played at probably 260, 267 sometimes. In 2018, (that) was my lightest year. I played that whole year probably around 250-260 that whole year. I was 258 in the Super Bowl in 2018. I was 258 as a defensive tackle in the National Football League in the Super Bowl. I was playing at 250-260 that whole year."
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Talking bout a cuck oline... if he doesn't look solid against their (supposedly) not very good oline, I'll be a little disappointed

Their OL looks much better going into this season. So adjust your expectations.

Interesting that they changed who was in charge and immediately invested big in the line and it's looking more promising. Of course they are also young and raw.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Scoots:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Scoots:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Seems like this dude is mostly taking reps at DT (per Cohn). Not sure how to feel about that since we drafted him at DE to be opposite of Bosa.

Someone make me feel better about this.

We drafted him to make an impact on the DL. If the team feels it's at DT to start and he himself talks about being more comfortable rushing inside then maybe it's not a bad thing. Especially when we don't really have anyone with big pass rush potential inside.

Odds are they will use him similar to how Armstead was used in 2019 or how Seattle used Michael Bennett with great success in the prime years of their defense - edge on early downs. Inside on pass downs.

It's about putting your best guys out there for the defense given what the offense is likely to do. Usually want your big boys vs run looks and your best rushers in obvious pass situations.

DeFo started as an end then moved inside I think.

I think Williams will mostly be a DE with occasional DT snaps.

Isn't he too small to be a primary IDL?

yes, too light ... he could put on the weight, but it doesn't make sense.

Unless his only job is to occupy 2 linemen and do nothing else....let's work ourselves out of that trap of over-focusing on size instead of agility and ability out of boredom.

"I ain't never touched 300," Aaron Donald said. "My first two years, I played at probably 280-285. My third year was around 270-275. Every other year I played at probably 260, 267 sometimes. In 2018, (that) was my lightest year. I played that whole year probably around 250-260 that whole year. I was 258 in the Super Bowl in 2018. I was 258 as a defensive tackle in the National Football League in the Super Bowl. I was playing at 250-260 that whole year."

And how tall was Donald?

Muscle mass, power, and the length of levers all make a significant difference. If we go with Donald being 280 at 6'1" and then scale him up to 6'5" like Williams that would mean he would need to be around 315lbs or more to have similar power.

If Williams is playing inside every down he will need to be holding up on double teams on running plays, and at 260lbs at 6'5" he wouldn't be able to do the job.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Talking bout a cuck oline... if he doesn't look solid against their (supposedly) not very good oline, I'll be a little disappointed

Their OL looks much better going into this season. So adjust your expectations.

yeah their o-line looks promising to me, with Cross, Lucas, and Zabel, although Haynes is on IR.
My hope with Mykell tomorrow is I'd like to see him set the edge and help stop that run.
If Seattle can run wild on us, it will be trouble

Yeah I'm certain Seattle will try to run on us early and often and try to hit pass plays off playaction.

We'll find out quickly if the investments we made in stopping the run will be paying off dividends. Hopefully the young guys show what they can do there. Cuz if we can stop their run game our chances of winning are increased substantially imo. I may eat these words but I don't think Darnold can beat us if he's forced to pass more than 30 times.

Yeah, pretty clear Seattle is going to go run heavy. It's starting to look like the cycle is coming back around to there being more run heavy teams in the NFL again.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Seattle is def going to try to establish the run, and that's when Darnold becomes a problem - he can execute the play action.

we need to stop the run early and make him uncomfortable. If we can do that, we have a chance.

what I'm curious about is the crowd. Apparently more than half is supposed to be 49ers. lol I hope we can be louder than the Seahawks expect and disrupt their offense. That would be funny


I doubt we'll actually have majority fans there. Those numbers are just from vivid seats. Many other ways to buy tickets. But yeah hopefully the fans that go to the game are loud and the team gives them lots to cheer about! Unlike the Seattle fans.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Seattle is def going to try to establish the run, and that's when Darnold becomes a problem - he can execute the play action.

we need to stop the run early and make him uncomfortable. If we can do that, we have a chance.

what I'm curious about is the crowd. Apparently more than half is supposed to be 49ers. lol I hope we can be louder than the Seahawks expect and disrupt their offense. That would be funny


I doubt we'll actually have majority fans there. Those numbers are just from vivid seats. Many other ways to buy tickets. But yeah hopefully the fans that go to the game are loud and the team gives them lots to cheer about! Unlike the Seattle fans.

Doesn't really matter, they won't crank the speakers when the 49ers are on defense like they do for the Seahawks :)
Originally posted by Scoots:
And how tall was Donald?

Muscle mass, power, and the length of levers all make a significant difference. If we go with Donald being 280 at 6'1" and then scale him up to 6'5" like Williams that would mean he would need to be around 315lbs or more to have similar power.

If Williams is playing inside every down he will need to be holding up on double teams on running plays, and at 260lbs at 6'5" he wouldn't be able to do the job.

He couldn't probably do it this year, but Mykel was a Collegiate wrestler who has strength and leverage skills most don't.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by Scoots:
And how tall was Donald?

Muscle mass, power, and the length of levers all make a significant difference. If we go with Donald being 280 at 6'1" and then scale him up to 6'5" like Williams that would mean he would need to be around 315lbs or more to have similar power.

If Williams is playing inside every down he will need to be holding up on double teams on running plays, and at 260lbs at 6'5" he wouldn't be able to do the job.

He couldn't probably do it this year, but Mykel was a Collegiate wrestler who has strength and leverage skills most don't.

Regardless, no reason for him to move inside full time.
Originally posted by Scoots:
Regardless, no reason for him to move inside full time.

Have you seen our inside run defense? Full time I hope not unless he beasts there but we might need to use him there more than outside while West and Collins hopefully develop
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by Scoots:
Regardless, no reason for him to move inside full time.

Have you seen our inside run defense? Full time I hope not unless he beasts there but we might need to use him there more than outside while West and Collins hopefully develop

The whole discussion started with someone asking if it made sense to make him a full time DT, and my answer was that he was too light to hold up there full time.
Originally posted by Heroism:

🤣
You guys have too much free time
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone