There are 165 users in the forums

Honest question: should I quit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
No doubt. The last time he was on the field in the 4th quarter he walked off giving the team a lead to win. Same with OT.

Next time on 3rd and 4 to win the game he's gonna hit the winning pass too. Will learn and get better.

Yeah I hope in the coming years he will have enough command to gap-fill for the mental and talent lapses on the field. Like telling Burford "hey, you better block Jones" on that 3rd and 4. I'm hopeful that he will be mentally by year 4 what Brady was in year 10. I think Brock's mental game has that trajectory, and we need it because many of the mistakes in the SB were mental lapses (OL false starts, missed blocks, etc.)
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
I don't think you will ever see a ring under Kyle. If your ok with that then stay, if not, time to find something else.

Not sure how you conclude this about Shanahan. So, question for you. How old was Andy Reid when he first won a Super Bowl? And how old is Shanahan?

And if you have written off Shanahan, why are you still here?

To this day it is rare to find examples of Kyle admitting mistakes... especially major mistakes. And no one holds him accountable. He's scared of no one.

Jed is still traumatized by the Harbaugh ending.... Kyle is just as intense/intimidating, if not more than Harbs, when it comes to being questioned by someone else regarding his coaching/decisions (remember him scolding his boss... his Head Coach, when Kyle was an OC for the Browns?)...

John Lynch basically got the job because of Kyle..... John doesn't want to be like the original Destiny's Child group members who got kick off because they didn't blindly follow Beyoncé and her Dad. He's fine being the side singers.

Local Media are just happy to be there and don't want to burn any bridges.

We've seen the same mistakes from Kyle for many years. After the Super Bowl post game press conference, Kyle has the same attitude... nothing is changing with him. He doesn't learn from his mistakes. Hell even if he did, he finds new mistakes! (OT decision).

So...other teams are only going to get better.. these other young QBs will only get better..... and even when Brock gets better...Kyle will still be the same. Look at the roster he had English. A Dream Team. And we were finally close to injury free going in. We should have jump on those opportunities in the first half our defense gave to us. The BIG GAME! KYLE SHOULD HAVE SHOWED HIS BEST!

Anyway...even when we make it far again (if we're lucky with a mostly healthy team again), he'll find a way to find a new mistake that will be costly... He can't get out of his own way, because he answers to no one.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 16, 2024 at 5:22 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by DrEll:
I don't think you will ever see a ring under Kyle. If your ok with that then stay, if not, time to find something else.

Not sure how you conclude this about Shanahan. So, question for you. How old was Andy Reid when he first won a Super Bowl? And how old is Shanahan?

You want to wait as long with Kyle Shanahan for a championship ? Andy won his first in his 20th season as head coach. On his second team. His first team won a SB in less than 5 years after they fired him.

If I recall this is Kyle's first crack at head coach. Give the give time to jump that final hurdle. He's shown he can at least get there and he's oh so close

Are we waiting for the 3rd or 4th SB choke job before we finally give up on him ?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

To this day it is rare to find examples of Kyle admitting mistakes... especially major mistakes. And no one holds him accountable. He's scared of no one.

Jed is still traumatized by the Harbaugh ending.... Kyle is just as intense/intimidating, if not more than Harbs, when it comes to being questioned by someone else regarding his coaching/decisions (remember him scolding his boss... his Head Coach, when Kyle was an OC for the Browns?)...

John Lynch basically got the job because of Kyle..... John doesn't want to be like the original Destiny's Child group members who got kick off because they didn't blindly follow Beyoncé and her Dad. He's fine being the side singers.

Local Media are just happy to be there and don't want to burn any bridges.

We've seen the same mistakes from Kyle for many years. After the Super Bowl post game press conference, Kyle has the same attitude... nothing is changing with him. He doesn't learn from his mistakes. Hell even if he did, he finds new mistakes! (OT decision).

So...other teams are only going to get better.. these other young QBs will only get better..... and even when Brock gets better...Kyle will still be the same. Look at the roster he had English. A Dream Team. And we were finally close to injury free going in. We should have jump on those opportunities in the first half our defense gave to us. The BIG GAME! KYLE SHOULD HAVE SHOWED HIS BEST!

Anyway...even when we make it far again (if we're lucky with a mostly healthy team again), he'll find a way to find a new mistake that will be costly... He can't get out of his own way, because he answers to no one.

For years the Bay Area media has pissed me off. They seem to enjoy the fact they're not New York, Chicago, or Boston and they can sort of " be lazy" and not rip the owners, players, or coaches of the many Bay Area teams when they NEED to be ripped!. They're too nice. If we only had some media out here with some balls and " told it like it was" once in awhile maybe coaches like Shanahan would start feeling some heat and maybe change a bit for the better. Without some REAL criticism like you said they're not accountable. The soft Bay Area sports media needs to hold these guys more accountable.
Originally posted by NinerJeff:
For years the Bay Area media has pissed me off. They seem to enjoy the fact they're not New York, Chicago, or Boston and they can sort of " be lazy" and not rip the owners, players, or coaches of the many Bay Area teams when they NEED to be ripped!. They're too nice. If we only had some media out here with some balls and " told it like it was" once in awhile maybe coaches like Shanahan would start feeling some heat and maybe change a bit for the better. Without some REAL criticism like you said they're not accountable. The soft Bay Area sports media needs to hold these guys more accountable.

Most 49ers' fans hate the only member of the local media that I've ever seen grill the 49ers, and that was Lowell Cohn.

He's good in my book for how he went after Jed's head after the failed Chip Kelly experiment.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 19, 2024 at 9:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone