There are 236 users in the forums

Honest question: should I quit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm 36 years old. I barely remember 94. All I've known since is losing in the NFCCG and now 3 SBs. This team has done nothing but disappoint me. Mooch era…Harbaugh era… now Shanahan era. Nothing but losing. What's the point? It messes with my mental health and makes me unproductive at work and I neglect other areas of my life during football season.

I don't know what it's like to be a winner. You older folks should appreciate your memories because some of us don't have those.
I will NEVER QUIT ON MY TEAM!

Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I'm 36 years old. I barely remember 94. All I've known since is losing in the NFCCG and now 3 SBs. This team has done nothing but disappoint me. Mooch era…Harbaugh era… now Shanahan era. Nothing but losing. What's the point? It messes with my mental health and makes me unproductive at work and I neglect other areas of my life during football season.

I don't know what it's like to be a winner. You older folks should appreciate your memories because some of us don't have those.

Yea, you probably should. We all should. We probably won't though. It's just a game.
Block this website on your browser. Stay away for a year. Will help your mental health. I am already dead inside so I am taking the loss surprisingly well
Gotta find the balance of not neglecting other areas of life during the season. Then it becomes more entertainment then something much bigger
Are there any mental health professionals on here?
It's tough , 3 Super Bowl losses is tough to swallow
You've gotta find a away to tone down the personal investment. It makes no sense to pin your mental and emotional state to something over which you have no control.
In all honesty, yes, yes I would quit following if I were you. If it is messing with your life and interfering with your personal life, let it go. It is just football. Spend time with family because that's all that matters.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

it's all I'm accustomed to

Way more important things in life, you need some help
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Block this website on your browser. Stay away for a year. Will help your mental health. I am already dead inside so I am taking the loss surprisingly well
My kids being born grounded me big time.. I love my 9ers but gone are the days of my mental health being affected by this team. I get upset for about an hour and then focus on what's really important.
[ Edited by jays9ers on Feb 11, 2024 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

it's all I'm accustomed to

It's actually surreal. This was the one I thought they had.
  • thl408
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
In all honesty, yes, yes I would quit following if I were you. If it is messing with your life and interfering with your personal life, let it go. It is just football. Spend time with family because that's all that matters.

Yup, good perspective.
Share 49ersWebzone