LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Dee Winters-ILB-TCU-6th Round 2023 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He was considered smallish for the position-that is one of the reasons graded lower

Hopefully he can be like Sam Mills and have a good career with the 49ers.
[ Edited by WildBill on Apr 29, 2023 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think it's a coincidence that the 49ers have added two guys that are phenomenal at blitzing the quarterback with Wilks coming in.

Good point. This guy was my number 2 draft crush behind Kraft. He doesn't have very many weaknesses in his game. Always plays. Leader (TCU captain). 4,49 at 230. Thought he'd be gone by R5.
This guy's a ball of fire...one of an amazing number of TCU players now in the NFL. Winters had a ton of TFL...as Phoenix said, a poor man's Warner. Hard to believe he lasted 'til the 6th rd. Guess it shows how many really good players are out there nowadays. Anyway, this guy should be a good player for the Niners. Welcome, Dee!
love the Horn Frogs guys!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
love the Horn Frogs guys!

Being a Michigan fan this guy made my life hell in CFP game. Great Pick!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Drake Jackson better come into camp super motivated and in super shape. Lynch wasn't just blowing smoke when he said he expected better.

I don't think the Winters pick has anything to do with Jackson. But with that said, the 49ers have multiple guys that he will have to compete with. Clelin Ferrell is a veteran that is already a good run defender- he could be a starter on base downs. Kerry Hyder is experienced can can play both inside and out, but hopefully its primarily outside this year. We know what he can do. Then they just drafted Beal who is just probably going to be used to rush the passer. Drake Jackson will be in the fight of his life. I hope they all put it together, as we will be that much better.
I sense that this guy is gonna be the next great late round 49er pick.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

He looks like he will fit in perfectly with Warner and Dre. This front office is ridiculously good at identifying elite late round LB talent

Understatement.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think it's a coincidence that the 49ers have added two guys that are phenomenal at blitzing the quarterback with Wilks coming in.

Ah crap. I was just saying this in the Wilks thread too.

Originally posted by WildBill:
He was considered smallish for the position-that is one of the reasons graded lower

Hopefully he can be like Sam Mills and have a good career with the 49ers.

Winter may come early and often
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

He looks like he will fit in perfectly with Warner and Dre. This front office is ridiculously good at identifying elite late round LB talent

Understatement.
His closing speed and angles are incredible - reminds me of Patrick Willis in that regard.

his tackles are super violent too. I think he will replace Al Shaair and seems like we won't miss a beat.

we drafted a lot of mature captains with tons of speed and experience this year. Which is awesome for immediate contribution. Seems like a great tackler too.
All he does is fly to the football and make plays, So excited to have this guy as a niner.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
All he does is fly to the football and make plays, So excited to have this guy as a niner.

It's beautiful. I'm not saying his overall play is like bowman and Willis - but the way he flies to the ball and his angles are very reminiscent.

his speed and angles will be HUGE when we play s team like Philly or any mobile qb.
I might be alone in this but he reminds me more of Greenlaw than Warner. Could be because of his size

Him or Marcelino Mcrary Ball will replace Azeez this season IMO
Share 49ersWebzone