LISTEN: Expectations From 49ers Training Camp With John Chapman →

There are 120 users in the forums

49ers sign DT Javon Hargrave

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sounds about right for Simmons dude is a monster and is 5 years younger than Hargrave. Makes sense. Nicky gonna be looking at about 75gtd and 32 a year

I'm gonna say this, and don't be shocked if he(Nick) gets $35M-$40M a yr, it's crazy but the team can afford it, all about structure, but if Nick is willing to take say $33.5M a yr, he's gonna get a lot more GTD money, at least $110M GTD, $82M+ fully GTD.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Sounds about right for Simmons dude is a monster and is 5 years younger than Hargrave. Makes sense. Nicky gonna be looking at about 75gtd and 32 a year

I'm gonna say this, and don't be shocked if he(Nick) gets $35M-$40M a yr, it's crazy but the team can afford it, all about structure, but if Nick is willing to take say $33.5M a yr, he's gonna get a lot more GTD money, at least $110M GTD, $82M+ fully GTD.

Do you know how much GTD Aaron Donlad got? I seen he makes 31.2 million a season so I went with 32. 35 doesn't seem far fetched at all. Pay the man

Do you know how much GTD Aaron Donlad got? I seen he makes 31.2 million a season so I went with 32. 35 doesn't seem far fetched at all. Pay the man

According to OTC Donald got $46.5M fully GTD, but he's considered a IDL, but yeah $35M a yr isn't far fetched, he'll be the highest paid non QB when he signs his deal.
Hey AB81,

Would you mind explaining how signing bonuses work? A friend of mine said teams will pay big ones to avoid having large salary cap hits, but that doesn't sound right to me.

But then I saw that OBJ signed a 1 year $15M gtd. His salary cap his was really low though. So does that mean they paid most of it upfront to make it fit for the salary cap?

so if an owner, that's a mega billionaire, wanted to pay a bunch of huge salaries that way - they could essentially fix the salary cap?

or is it more if - they can give a large signing bonus and just spread it around over a number of years to lessen cap hits, but that money is guaranteed?

edit: sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Apr 10, 2023 at 9:07 PM ]

According to OTC Donald got $46.5M fully GTD, but he's considered a IDL, but yeah $35M a yr isn't far fetched, he'll be the highest paid non QB when he signs his deal.

What is the difference between guaranteed and fully guaranteed?
I haven't watched this guy play throughout his nfl career. Has he been consistently really good throughout his career?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
I haven't watched this guy play throughout his nfl career. Has he been consistently really good throughout his career?

He's always been a really good run blocker. It's what he was actually drafted to do. Then he improved every year on his pass rush ability. So for the last 2-3 seasons, he's been hands down the best interior pass rush in the nfl.

phillies run game struggles had more to do with the guys around him than it did Hargreaves.

but yes, he's been a constantly reliable player and healthy.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Hey AB81,

Would you mind explaining how signing bonuses work? A friend of mine said teams will pay big ones to avoid having large salary cap hits, but that doesn't sound right to me.

But then I saw that OBJ signed a 1 year $15M gtd. His salary cap his was really low though. So does that mean they paid most of it upfront to make it fit for the salary cap?

so if an owner, that's a mega billionaire, wanted to pay a bunch of huge salaries that way - they could essentially fix the salary cap?

or is it more if - they can give a large signing bonus and just spread it around over a number of years to lessen cap hits, but that money is guaranteed?

edit: sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread.

Signing bonuses are prorated over the life of the contract, max of 5-years
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

What is the difference between guaranteed and fully guaranteed?

Guaranteed includes fully GTD money & injury GTD money, fully GTD money is GTD at signing, so the player is GTD to get that much, so $40M for Hargrave, unless he retires, players forfeit any GTD base salary they have in the year they retire, and any future years.

He's always been a really good run blocker. It's what he was actually drafted to do. Then he improved every year on his pass rush ability. So for the last 2-3 seasons, he's been hands down the best interior pass rush in the nfl.

phillies run game struggles had more to do with the guys around him than it did Hargreaves.

Nice, good to know. Thanks for the info

Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Wow. Cant believe that 49ers did signed for him. That was huge for awesome.. Hargrove was playing talent more than Armstead!

got me dik in hand, 40 ounce in a bag ready to guzzl dat sh!t down no frowns all clowns Warriors bout to tap da queens' @ss

Nice, good to know. Thanks for the info

Well I shouldn't say hands down, that's sorta disrespectful to Donald in LA, but he's been top 2-3 hands down. Lol definitly one of the best and extremely effective.
The opposition can't double everyone.

If Armstead is covered by one guy his pressures and sack will go up.

AND if we can get a complimentary DE on the other side we'll be a major nightmare for DC's this season.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The opposition can't double everyone.

If Armstead is covered by one guy his pressures and sack will go up.

AND if we can get a complimentary DE on the other side we'll be a major nightmare for DC's this season.

Im expecting our rushing numbers to be even better with the way AA and now Hargrave will drive guards backwards. Yards per carry should go down along with more improvement on 3rd and short. Our ends should be able to feast, particularly whoever is opposite of Bosa.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Apr 14, 2023 at 4:39 PM ]
Once a few of these 2nd tier EDGE guys sign I'm pretty confident we get in the mix and grab one.
Share 49ersWebzone