There are 139 users in the forums

49ers sign DT Javon Hargrave

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Keep sliding protections towards AA next season and see what happens.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Yeah he is an awful quarterback. People saying he had a decent year or a good year are delusional. Mainly bc they are comparing it to his past years which were almost as bad as Zach Wilson's. This guy is still a bad quarterback but a pretty good runner.

I think he's functional and not near Wilson's league of "bad", but also a bottom 10 QB getting paid $40m/yr is a tough pill to swallow. The hope is he makes a huge jump but there's no guarantee of that.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Agree with both of you. Especially with what QBs are getting nowadays; the only time I would personally sign someone to that kind of money is generational guys that got rings during their rookie contract like the aforementioned. The Daniel Jones and Derek Carrs of the world and what they got is stupid and I'd draft two QBs and think one of them can perform at that level before giving that to them 😂

Daniel Jones might be one of the greatest heist in sports history. Lmao talk about over paying. That man should give Daboll 50% of all his future earnings. Lol

That's facts seriously man I just don't get it

Yeah he is an awful quarterback. People saying he had a decent year or a good year are delusional. Mainly bc they are comparing it to his past years which were almost as bad as Zach Wilson's. This guy is still a bad quarterback but a pretty good runner.

His playoff performance should of cost him at least $20M. They probably think he will get better, which he may, but that's still a massive amount for him.
his contract is really structured as a 2 year $82M deal with $18M dead cap if they opt out. He gets $9.5M in 2023 and then $35M next year and then there is an out. So not as bad as it seems but still a lot

at this damn rate we will have to give Purdy stock in the franchise to resign him. Lmao

IM STILL PUMPED ABOUT GRAVEDIGGER. Can't wait to watch our d line play
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 27, 2023 at 5:07 PM ]
Still can't believe we signed this guy. Going to take our d line to another level
Still can't believe we signed this guy. Going to take our d line to another level

Same here, I said on Twitter to several people we'd make a splash, didn't expect Hargrave but damn happy.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Same here, I said on Twitter to several people we'd make a splash, didn't expect Hargrave but damn happy.

What's your twitter handle?
Originally posted by braap49er:

What's your twitter handle?

@49erscap

You're back!
Wow. Cant believe that 49ers did signed for him. That was huge for awesome.. Hargrove was playing talent more than Armstead!
Jeffrey Simmons got 4yr $94M extension from Tennessee

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-dt-jeffery-simmons-agree-to-terms-on-four-year-contract-extension

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-dt-jeffery-simmons-agree-to-terms-on-four-year-contract-extension

49ers got Hargrave on the cheap then!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yep, and ESPN said Simmons wanted closer to $30M a yr, he took less obviously, but got $66M GTD, 49ers got Hargrave for cheaper, I wonder how much the Browns offered him?

Yep, and ESPN said Simmons wanted closer to $30M a yr, he took less obviously, but got $66M GTD, 49ers got Hargrave for cheaper, I wonder how much the Browns offered him?

A piece of the franchise.

Browns probably threw in a therapist and anti depressants.

hargrave is one of those unique players where he's moved a few teams but all of his situations have been with good organizations. I imagine that was part of his thought process when turning down the browns.

he took a little less, from what was reported, to come here. I think it was a smart decision. The browns are always in perennial chaos.
Sounds about right for Simmons dude is a monster and is 5 years younger than Hargrave. Makes sense. Nicky gonna be looking at about 75gtd and 32 a year
Share 49ersWebzone