There are 190 users in the forums

Hard to beat Eagles, Karma and the NFL ! When do we finally get a break

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Giedi:
49ers OLine isn't bad. But it's not the best either. McGlinchey is one weak spot. Need to get a pass protector there more than a run blocker. I think you get more bang for the buck there considering the emergence of Brock, if you do that.

This is an alternative bizarre idea but what if we leaned into the running even more. Tried to get 60/40 in favor of runs. Or 70/30. See how high we could get it. We could draft QBs not for their passing ability, but for their run traits. Get a bunch of QBs on roster who can run, and if any injury, next man up, 11 v 11 style football.

Well, we already have tried out the next man up at QB position, altho it wasn't by intent. And , as we all have seen, that is the wrong position to be playing "Next man up".

As for "running QBs", fine by me for another team, just not mine, please. What i do like is a guy, who has that 6th sense, and can feel pressure just before he gets hit by it and manages to escape, giving WRs more time to get open. Usually this falls under the "busted plays" heading. Brock was great at that. Look at Hurts…most of his big runs are on busted plays, but where he really kills opponents is passes from busted plays with big chunk gains.

I'll pass on running QBs.
Originally posted by picklejuice:
these lazy scriptwriters need to come up with something new besides: "49ers season and superbowl hopes over due to injuries"

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Yeah what pisses me off is we were relatively healthy all year long except for that fluke incident with Purdy . No doubt with Purdy we slam the door on the Eagles and are getting ready for a 2nd shot against the Chiefs.

Can we make it through next year without any season-ending injuries to our key players?????

Maybe "the curse of the York's" is real
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
49ers OLine isn't bad. But it's not the best either. McGlinchey is one weak spot. Need to get a pass protector there more than a run blocker. I think you get more bang for the buck there considering the emergence of Brock, if you do that.

This is an alternative bizarre idea but what if we leaned into the running even more. Tried to get 60/40 in favor of runs. Or 70/30. See how high we could get it. We could draft QBs not for their passing ability, but for their run traits. Get a bunch of QBs on roster who can run, and if any injury, next man up, 11 v 11 style football.

Well, we already have tried out the next man up at QB position, altho it wasn't by intent. And , as we all have seen, that is the wrong position to be playing "Next man up".

As for "running QBs", fine by me for another team, just not mine, please. What i do like is a guy, who has that 6th sense, and can feel pressure just before he gets hit by it and manages to escape, giving WRs more time to get open. Usually this falls under the "busted plays" heading. Brock was great at that. Look at Hurts…most of his big runs are on busted plays, but where he really kills opponents is passes from busted plays with big chunk gains.

I try to imagine Fields in the 49er offense and we have it geared to run as much as possible to ol 40+ runs strat we could set NFL records with KS and an elite high end run QB.

Bears were a 3-14 team, meaning they are chasing every game.. and they were the #1 rush offense (total rush yds) in the NFL it's mindblowing how some 3 win team managed that.. imagine that dude or someone like that with KS. It would break the NFL.
I try to imagine Fields in the 49er offense and we have it geared to run as much as possible to ol 40+ runs strat we could set NFL records with KS and an elite high end run QB.

Bears were a 3-14 team, meaning they are chasing every game.. and they were the #1 rush offense (total rush yds) in the NFL it's mindblowing how some 3 win team managed that.. imagine that dude or someone like that with KS. It would break the NFL.

Wait wait wait. The Eagles get to play the Giants, no QB 49ers, and a KC team with all their WRs injured?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I don't think you ever get away from a strong run game if you want an elite level offense. Kyle preaches balance in his offense. Why not preach balance in his OLinemen. Linemen that are good at both versus great at one and mediocre on the other.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I'll definitely pass on QBs that can't pass, but take any QB that is mobile and can pass. I think Brock is that guy, and I think Trey can be that guy. I think you have to redesign not just the offense but the OLine also to cater to Brocks talents.

Give Brock a good run game (they have that) now give Brock an OLine that can give him time in the passing game.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
49ers have 5 superbowl trophies. The football gods might be saying that's enough.

Up yours. Do the baseball gods tell the Yankees " that's enough? . Its been almost 30 years. I'm probably sure screwing the 49ers out of thier rightful place securing thier 6th ring is last on his priority list
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Philly fans are the worst in sports PERIOD
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Patton:
Never going to happen until they commit to protecting whoever the QB is.

Honestly, after thinking about it, only Jimmy's injury vs the Jets is the cause of bad protection. Jimmy's ACL injury was non-contact and happened on a scramble in 2018. Trey Lance's injury happened on a run. And Purdy's injury happened due to inexperience and there's no denying Purdy likes to hold onto the ball longer than he should. I can't really blame the TE (like I did a few days ago). But after realizing that Shanahan has did that for years, I'm not gonna say it was Shanahan's fault.

lol Purdy's injury was not his fault. Give me a break. The playcall was a route that involved Aiyuk having to get open first, which he had to wait for. Kroft whiffed on his block. It was also a rare, fluke injury.

You could say he held onto the ball a little too long and/or could've climbed the pocket. And I agree it was a rare fluke injury, in that case shouldn't be Shanahan's fault either.

I love Brock but he held onto to the ball too long

Share 49ersWebzone