LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

PYMWYMI - 2022, the GREAT year! UPDATE 9/11

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
10-7

Tough SOS, Lance's first season. We're gonna have some rough patches. Might even end up 8-9 or 9-8. But I think our overall talent will guide us to 10-7.

8-9? Ouch. That would be a disaster. Anything less than 10 wins would be a disappointment.

Really? For a first time starting QB? A winning record would be enormous in year 1. Truly.

To me it would be, mostly because this team was In the NFCCG last season and was likely one or two plays away from making another Super bowl appearance. If we fail to win 10 or more games this year, that would be on Kyle for not allowing Lance to get any serious playing time last year ( missed opportunity )
Prediction. 10-7. I feel this season will be similar to last years team effort... Frustrating at times, but we'll come through towards the end due to Lance becoming more comfortable/confident doing just enough to sneak In the playoffs.
Prediction. 10-7. I feel this season will be similar to last years team effort... Frustrating at times, but we'll come through towards the end due to Lance becoming more comfortable/confident doing just enough to sneak In the playoffs.

Sickaa, as much as I've been liking your posts recently, we aren't sneaking into anything unless it's history with an undefeated season. We had a #3 D in football with Josh Norman and Dre Kirkpatrick out there at times. We nearly swept the Rams with a sandwich artist at QB. Both areas have been addressed.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
No edits with Alex Mack retiring? LOL
mine.. already factored in adjustments. no edits necessary

You knew Mack was retiring?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Doesn't change much of nothing. No edit needed.

Really? Wow.

Well we all heard there was a possibility of it happening by the time this thread started.

Well we all heard there was a possibility of it happening by the time this thread started.

But now that he actually did, no changes? TBF, you do only have 10 wins (2nd lowest) so that seems pretty reasonable.

PS: Where's Hoov's?
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 3, 2022 at 3:06 PM ]
While the center position is an unknown at this point, Shanahan didn't seem surprised by the possible retirement of Alex Mack. I recognize that Mack is a 7 time pro bowler but he was a shell of himself last season. He was quite mediocre, imo. Especially in the run game. I trust Shanahan and I am sure he knew this was a real possibility. So this announcement doesn't change my prediction one bit. Besides, Trey's ability to escape pressure and make plays on the run should help equalize any drop off in pass pro.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
While the center position is an unknown at this point, Shanahan didn't seem surprised by the possible retirement of Alex Mack. I recognize that Mack is a 7 time pro bowler but he was a shell of himself last season. He was quite mediocre, imo. Especially in the run game. I trust Shanahan and I am sure he knew this was a real possibility. So this announcement doesn't change my prediction one bit. Besides, Trey's ability to escape pressure and make plays on the run should help equalize any drop off in pass pro.

This is a first ballot Hall of Fame post right here.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Sickaa, as much as I've been liking your posts recently, we aren't sneaking into anything unless it's history with an undefeated season. We had a #3 D in football with Josh Norman and Dre Kirkpatrick out there at times. We nearly swept the Rams with a sandwich artist at QB. Both areas have been addressed.

Eh. The O-Line could be an Issue, especially for a young QB still developing his craft. Then there's the Deebo situation. Hopefully he still give us 100% effort. Overall, this Is still one of the most talented teams In the league Imo, and could possibly be a super bowl contender ( high expectations, I know ). Aslong as the O-Line does Its job, we should be able to compete with the best In the business.

I agree with Mack being average last season, but he's still better than what we currently have Imo, and his experience will most likely be missed, especially since we'll have a new LG, possibly a new RG too and a RT returning from a serious Injury. Many question marks along the O-Line. Too many for my liking. Hopefully they suprise us all this year.

I agree with Mack being average last season, but he's still better than what we currently have Imo, and his experience will most likely be missed, especially since we'll have a new LG, possibly a new RG too and a RT returning from a serious Injury. Many question marks along the O-Line. Too many for my liking. Hopefully they suprise us all this year.

Bingo. Hopefully we come back to this thread in February to eat some serious crow on our predictions and OL concerns.

There's an Optimistic Rose Colored Glasses Homer Faithful Hall of Fame?

There's an Optimistic Rose Colored Glasses Homer Faithful Hall of Fame?

Haha. You're the one with a HOF tag on a sports team's fan forum.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jun 3, 2022 at 7:17 PM ]
11-6
Share 49ersWebzone