There are 270 users in the forums

PYMWYMI - 2022, the GREAT year! UPDATE 9/11

Shop Find 49ers gear online
12-5
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
While the center position is an unknown at this point, Shanahan didn't seem surprised by the possible retirement of Alex Mack. I recognize that Mack is a 7 time pro bowler but he was a shell of himself last season. He was quite mediocre, imo. Especially in the run game. I trust Shanahan and I am sure he knew this was a real possibility. So this announcement doesn't change my prediction one bit. Besides, Trey's ability to escape pressure and make plays on the run should help equalize any drop off in pass pro.

This is a first ballot Hall of Fame post right here.

There's an Optimistic Rose Colored Glasses Homer Faithful Hall of Fame?

Haha. You're the one with a HOF tag on a sports team's fan forum.

Hehe. Touche'
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
13-4
9-8

Too many holes, too much unproven "potential"
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Loss…Rams twice , @AZ, Chiefs, Bucs, plus one more we should have won but didn't

11-6

this all assumes Trey is as promised, and that he stays healthy. Recall he played two games last yr and in first one was injured and missed next two reg season games. If substantial injury to one or more key players, then we lose as many as 5 more. If Trey somehow ends up not being what we had all hoped, then i don't see a bottom as to how many we lose. I pray for good health team wise, and esp for Trey.

Already put my qualifiers in but will add, if we do make it to playoffs with talented altho green QB, and no massive injuries, even with 2 losses to Rams, 1 to AZ at AZ, plus Bucs and Chiefs plus 1 other unexpected L, if we make it to playoffs then my money is that we win all the rest incl SB..

our problem is going to be one of growing, as in guys growing into 3, maybe 4 slots on OL, CBs coming alive and becoming real threats, same for Ss, and Drake ending up as a close 2nd to Nicky B. We are going to lose some early games and a few later ones while trying to make all the new guys breaking in learn. their basic routes, coverages, blocking abilities, accuracy, and basic smoothing over of the mix…but should we win 11, then i believe we have to be a favorite to go all the way, as i feel we finally have the talent .

But it is going to take a handful of losses before we finally meld into what we have and are truly capable of. If we can just squeak into the playoffs, i like us against Rams, GB, Bucs, and whoever else in NFC and same goes for Chiefs, Bills, etc in SB. We just have to struggle thru the season games and make playoffs. After that, i think we are primed PLUS have the horses to win it all.
  • dj43
I will update this thread again next week. Obviously, the Deebo and Center topics will influence final picks. Hence, I won't try to keep it current on a daily basis until PS.
Originally posted by dj43:
I will update this thread again next week. Obviously, the Deebo and Center topics will influence final picks. Hence, I won't try to keep it current on a daily basis until PS.

Makes sense. TY.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
11-6
11-6. Hopefully better though
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Loss…Rams twice , @AZ, Chiefs, Bucs, plus one more we should have won but didn't

11-6

this all assumes Trey is as promised, and that he stays healthy. Recall he played two games last yr and in first one was injured and missed next two reg season games. If substantial injury to one or more key players, then we lose as many as 5 more. If Trey somehow ends up not being what we had all hoped, then i don't see a bottom as to how many we lose. I pray for good health team wise, and esp for Trey.

Loss to the rams twice. Hahaha, right....

I gotta see this OL this pre season. I might move to 10 or back to 8 wins.
Exactly, we don't even know what the starting I line looks like yet, but who the new center is key for me prior to any "scientific wild a** guesses" yet..😂
Originally posted by mojave45:
Exactly, we don't even know what the starting I line looks like yet, but who the new center is key for me prior to any "scientific wild a** guesses" yet..😂

Haha. For real. I feel pretty good about the rest of the team and starters pending any injuries of course.
Originally posted by mojave45:

Haha. For real. I feel pretty good about the rest of the team and starters pending any injuries of course.

Yup, me too. I don't have a crystal ball.about Trey, other than so far I like him, feel good about our defense, but Oline and especially center....hard to guess until I at least see a preseason lineup play .
Ima go with a 13-4
Share 49ersWebzone