Originally posted by Mankster:
I watched Nix and Stafford last night...very underwhelming. I've watched Stroud a couple times (I live in the Houston area) and he's meh. I've watch doofy from Philly and he's sorry when pressured. Kermit is great...but I hedge my bets with him because he always has the Refs at his back. Allen plays well...but a restrained rush with decent coverage makes him look very mortal.
I know I'm biased...but as I watch other "great" QB's I can't help circling back to how good Purdy is. He's not perfect, but damn...he goes through his progressions like lightning, throws into tight windows, doesn't (usually) get his receivers killed, has enough arm to make the throws, is smart enough to take what the D gives him, and has the wheels to make some magic happen with it all goes to sh#t.
I grew up watching Joe Cool set the bar for what QB play should be. Loved me some Steve. Cheered for Garcia. Sympathized with Alex. Hoped for the best with Garapalo. ...but for the first time in 30+ years I feel confident every time we get the ball. I know not every drive will end in a TD and not every game is a win but I know we always have a chance with #13 in there.
All of this! Same
I love seeing all of these comments----and good press? On Victory Monday

. Precision Purdy, love it and so true.
It was during his second start against Seattle, that I had seen enough. I knew he was going to make history. I even got a little emotional about it cause I hadn't felt this confident in a qb since Young won the SB. I knew Brock wasn't a flash in the pan. He was the real deal.
And I dropped money for first row at the Raiders/Niners game that was soon after. New Year's 2023. It was my first time seeing the Niners live. It just hadn't worked out before, for whatever reason.
But I wanted to make sure I got to see an historic moment. One of the best qbs to ever play the game

. And the game did not disappoint, neck and neck all game, Niners winning in OT

.
It's a special time indeed, folks, enjoy the ride. I just hope we can stay healthy enough! It's getting rather old.
What I love also and many people do, is his personality, seems so down to earth, humble. I know if he won the SB, he wouldn't be full of himself, like *cough* Stafford, quite the opposite. I hope he gets to hold up that trophy soon, he has deserved it.
[ Edited by Montana on Sep 28, 2026 at 3:50 PM ]