There are 284 users in the forums

Jason Poe, G, Mercer

Shop Find 49ers gear online

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:

LETS GO BABYYYYY LETS GO!!!!!
Great call 💧 🐻

I hope he starts at RG and West starts at C. Brunskill can be the first backup off the bench at every position
I really like what I see here. Dude hauls ass out of his stance. I see people keep bringing up being 6'1" as if it's a bad thing for an interior OL. I like my interior OL/DL around here. Hand speed > Arm length and being short just means better leverage. I really like this pickup.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 1, 2022 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Good call on Poe Waterbear!!!!

Great eye Water!
Originally posted by Heroism:
I really like what I see here. Dude hauls ass out of his stance. I see people keep bringing up being 6'1" as if it's a bad thing for an interior OL. I like my interior OL/DL around here. Hand speed > Arm length and being short just means better leverage. I really like this pickup.

Same!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

LETS GO BABYYYYY LETS GO!!!!!

THE RAVEN !!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Same!

Not being snarky here, but are there any OL that are 6'1" and under playing in the NFL now ?
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Not being snarky here, but are there any OL that are 6'1" and under playing in the NFL now ?

Yes, there are quite a few. Shaq Mason, one of the best guards in the NFL, immediately comes to mind.

The only reason people got caught up on height is that height typically correlates to length, and everybody wants length. Being long is never a bad thing, but being tall in the trenches is rarely a good thing. Low man has always and will always win, and a shorter player is going to have the benefit of natural leverage. Length is awesome, but hand speed and timing are more important. Also, I don't hear people talk enough about grip strength. I feel like that's just as important as the aforementioned traits. If a dude can put hands on you first and you can't break his grip, it's a wrap.

Now, if a player has all 4 of those things, he's cooking with gas.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 1, 2022 at 10:40 PM ]

Yes, there are quite a few. Shaq Mason, one of the best guards in the NFL, immediately comes to mind.

The only reason people got caught up on height is that height typically correlates to length, and everybody wants length. Being long is never a bad thing, but being tall in the trenches is rarely a good thing. Low man has always and will always win, and a shorter player is going to have the benefit of natural leverage. Length is awesome, but hand speed and timing are more important. Also, I don't hear people talk enough about grip strength. I feel like that's just as important as the aforementioned traits. If a dude can put hands on you first and you can't break his grip, it's a wrap.

And his RAS score is BETTER than Masons

Brings a tear to my eye because I was an undersized lineman in high school but I was quicker than most and loved pulling.

I played against two future NFL players and some future D1 players and more than held my own. I always felt that my size 5'10 was an advantage against them and when I played against shorter DL or OL I struggled more often. Give me a tall slow guy over a short fast guy any day.
He's got a very Centerish name and therefore will be our Center for 7+ years
Why did he go undrafted?

Thanks, seems like a good comparison
If this guy cant make the team as a lineman, he should definitely run some drills at FB. God forbid something happens to Juice, he could provide some insurance.
Share 49ersWebzone