LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Jason Poe, G, Mercer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've watched about 20 offensive lineman so far in the hopes of finding this year's Quinn Meinerz... and I think I found him.

In this draft we have a converted TE to Guard (Lecitus Smith from VT) and this kid, Jason Poe, who's a converted fullback.

Both of those players are really good at pulling but I think Poe is the best in this class.

And if you don't believe me, watch these clips against Alabama.

Sign me up. More impressed with those highlights (for our system) then freaking Banks.
Getting harder and harder to find true sleepers anymore with all the attention on the draft. Looks like a good fit to me. Nice find.
Dude can scoot. Get him and Cam Jurgens together and we might have something in a year or two
Dudes a freak 👀

Jason Poe, Mercer, offensive lineman: He was a Division II All-American at Lenoir-Rhyne before transferring to Mercer. The 6-foot 1/2, 300-pound Poe lacks ideal height but has ridiculous athleticism and is incredibly light on his feet. Poe, who is expected to do his Pro Day at the University of Georgia, is expected to run the 40 in the 4.8s. He has vertical jumped 34 inches-plus. He's also benched almost 500 pounds and power cleaned almost 400. His broad jump will be in the 10-foot range, and his shuttle in training has been 4.50.
Assuming the information of him being there is accurate, when is George's pro day? Would really like to see arm length, RAS, and some drills on this kid. Georgia is a big enough program that they should have a lot of coverage
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Dude can scoot. Get him and Cam Jurgens together and we might have something in a year or two
Totally. I don't get to watch too many College games. Where is he slated to go?
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Mar 5, 2022 at 5:19 PM ]
Liking the highlights a lot! I remembered Guy Mcintyre back in the day when he was pulling and he can move at 260 lbs. I like this prospect and nice find Waterbear!
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Totally. I don't get to watch too many College games. Where is he slated to go?

I haven't dove into him much, but considering this thread is the first I've heard of him, he must not be expected to go very early. Usually, not getting an invite to the combine, and not having some of the larger media guys mentioning you is indicative of how much the NFL is talking about a player as well. Combine and alll star games invite players that teams want to see, and media talks up players they hear about from scouts.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I haven't dove into him much, but considering this thread is the first I've heard of him, he must not be expected to go very early. Usually, not getting an invite to the combine, and not having some of the larger media guys mentioning you is indicative of how much the NFL is talking about a player as well. Combine and alll star games invite players that teams want to see, and media talks up players they hear about from scouts.

Most teams don't run as much as we do and like lineman big enough to hold up in pass protection.

Not every small, fast lineman ends up a Joe Staley. A lot of them turn into McGlinchys.
That said, we're the best team for him even if he's not the best player for us

Originally posted by Waterbear:

He was in Bruce Feldman's freak list
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

He was in Bruce Feldman's freak list

How TF didn't he get a combine invite?
Georgia proday tm morning
As a former FB it makes sense this guy is elite pulling. Would be really curious how he holds up in pass pro which does not translate well from the FB position. Guessing that's a massive current weakness that doesn't pop on these types of highlights.
Share 49ersWebzone