There are 210 users in the forums

Jason Poe, G, Mercer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Bigger version Christian Okoye

Yes but Okoye was power…whereas Poe is power-speed-good hands-good feet. That is a very interesting player descriptive. Liking this acquisition better and better by the day.
For undrafted FA, definitely this guy got loads of potential in Shany's offense. Can't wait to see him in camp and preseason. Hope to hear some good things about him there.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
For undrafted FA, definitely this guy got loads of potential in Shany's offense. Can't wait to see him in camp and preseason. Hope to hear some good things about him there.

He fits right in with Kyle's positionless football.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

He fits right in with Kyle's positionless football.

It would be crazy if Kittle blocks down on the Right DE and wrong foots the ROLB that's supposed to be man covering him and Poe (playing at right tackle) goes out and catches a pass in the flat for a first down.
Originally posted by Giedi:
It would be crazy if Kittle blocks down on the Right DE and wrong foots the ROLB that's supposed to be man covering him and Poe (playing at right tackle) goes out and catches a pass in the flat for a first down.

Kinda like what i was wondering…if the RT is uncovered and you DO NOT declare "tackle eligible," is he still eligible to catch a pass? I was wondering same thing about him and kittle. But, still pretty sure you have to declare "tackle eligible" Still a really good looking OL.
So is this guy a full-guard?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
A lot of people are projecting him as a future center but he's totally a right guard in my opinion. Which is great because Brunskill sucks. He has practiced snapping the ball on his own but we will see
[ Edited by elguapo on May 8, 2022 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Yes but Okoye was power…whereas Poe is power-speed-good hands-good feet. That is a very interesting player descriptive. Liking this acquisition better and better by the day.

Ditto
Originally posted by elguapo:
A lot of people are projecting him as a future center but he's totally a right guard in my opinion. Which is great because Brunskill sucks. He has practiced snapping the ball on his own but we will see

A number of people are thinking West [UDFA] will be groomed for the Center position.

I'm hoping we can sign JC Tretter for a year if Mack doesn't return.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by elguapo:

A number of people are thinking West [UDFA] will be groomed for the Center position.

I'm hoping we can sign JC Tretter for a year if Mack doesn't return.

Yeah at least West is already an experienced Center. If Mack doesn't return we better use all that salary to sign Tretter. What if he's already signed though??? That's why I lean towards Mack coming back for one more year bc imo he wouldn't leave us high and dry this late in the season (after FA and the draft)

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

yes indeed and Shanny can tuck him away for awhile, let him develop...really hoping this guy turns into a real beast one day.
With all of the comparisons to Shaq Mason, I am just wondering why Mason was drafted in the 4th and Poe went undrafted. The comparisons I've seen tend to show Poe as a better prospect, so I'm not sure what trait Mason had that got him drafted higher. And as much as I'd love to see him succeed at guard in the NFL, a piece of me is intrigued by what he would do as a 275-280 pound Fullback....
Originally posted by RDB4216:
With all of the comparisons to Shaq Mason, I am just wondering why Mason was drafted in the 4th and Poe went undrafted. The comparisons I've seen tend to show Poe as a better prospect, so I'm not sure what trait Mason had that got him drafted higher. And as much as I'd love to see him succeed at guard in the NFL, a piece of me is intrigued by what he would do as a 275-280 pound Fullback....

Mason played at Georgia Tech while Poe played at Mercer.

TBH I never even heard of Mercer before finding Poe. I'm sure that was part of it.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

If this guy is on our practice squad he's getting taken for sure. We better protect him and then after using the maximum number of protections we need to sign him to our active roster
Share 49ersWebzone