LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

If healthy(er), are the 49ers a win now team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
no. offense has potential to carry the team, but not with Jimmy. our defense has a lot of holes, and OL ain't pretty either. this team is nowhere near as good as the SB team.

trade Jimmy, drat a rookie QB, and get the OL and DBs fixed. we do that, we can be a SB contender in 2 years,
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
no. offense has potential to carry the team, but not with Jimmy. our defense has a lot of holes, and OL ain't pretty either. this team is nowhere near as good as the SB team.

trade Jimmy, drat a rookie QB, and get the OL and DBs fixed. we do that, we can be a SB contender in 2 years,

they are contenders every year if healthy. Period.
We have very talented receivers, te, and decent backs. We could average 30+ points a game if we had a qb who could sling it. The oline isn't that good and the defense is predicated on bosa being great and some other pieces shining.
There's holes in defense that can only be covered with pass rush and when it's not there we will be in shootouts.

With Jimmy and healthy we are like a 9-7 , 8-8 team. So I don't even think we are a win now team. The reality is if the ball bounces wrong were like a 6-10 7-9 team if the season is average luck.

We need a qb and like 5 great prospects on defense to be drafted.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
We have very talented receivers, te, and decent backs. We could average 30+ points a game if we had a qb who could sling it. The oline isn't that good and the defense is predicated on bosa being great and some other pieces shining.
There's holes in defense that can only be covered with pass rush and when it's not there we will be in shootouts.

With Jimmy and healthy we are like a 9-7 , 8-8 team. So I don't even think we are a win now team. The reality is if the ball bounces wrong were like a 6-10 7-9 team if the season is average luck.

We need a qb and like 5 great prospects on defense to be drafted.

LOL
This team won 75% of their games with Jimmy and worse receivers in 2019.

The expectations are a return to that, not a step backwards.
Niners when healthy have one of the most stacked rosters in the league. If the Niners re-sign TW they can make the claim that they have 4 players who are top 3 in the league at their position. Only other team that can make that claim is the Chiefs.
"Buy low on the 49ers

What a wild ride it's been for the 49ers over the last three years: 4-12 to 13-3 to 6-10. After winning the NFC in 2019, San Francisco finished last in the division, falling well short of its win total of 10.5. But was it more than just a Super Bowl hangover?

The 49ers were the only NFL team to lose more than 300 man-games to injury last season. They went 1-3 in contests decided by four points or fewer and should have won 7.6 games based on point differential. Estimated wins - which account for DVOA and emphasize important, specific situations - projected the club for a whopping 8.7 victories; those 2.7 added wins were the most of any team.

San Francisco finished the season No. 11 in overall DVOA - better than the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, and Washington. The 49ers could once again see another drastic change in fortunes next season."
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I think it's valid, people aren't paying attention to the league nor Shanahan QB's if they think a QB will walk straight in and immediately be better than Jimmy.

Deshaun probably could just because he's a stud, but there would still be growth to do.

I agree that Jimmy should be our starter, I'd like a rookie in the building as well though. My dream is Fields or Wilson being in range to trade up without selling the farm, though its more realistic that it's Lance or Mac Jones.

Totally agree.

The only exception of course is if Shanny modifies his offense to incorporate the abilities of these new QBs.

I think he would only do that if forced (i.e. having a QB forced upon him like RG3), but that's not his MO , or at least hasn't been.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

Not with this o line.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I would also add fix the edge position. But your time line is realistic.
Wow some guys think that in 2021 we´ll have the same roster of 2019

The reality is that we´ll have a downgraded roster with holes on defense and question marks in the O-line and a worse and more injured Jimmy at QB if we keep him.

No. The Niners aren´t on "win now" mode even if they´re healthy.

Deshaun Watson can mask some holes because he is great but we won´t win the Super Bowl next season.

Now if we get Watson we´ll be Super Bowl favorites in 2022

"Not with this OL". Dumb, dumb fans who believe that unit can't be improved this offseason. Most likely people who can't even understand how the salary cap and team building works.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

Not with this o line.

They just have to re-sign Williams and sign Mack. And, they'll be on their way.
We just gave everybody the year off.

SO we could be win-now....but we need

A de replacement for ford;
A GOOD center;
A GOOD IOL;
A RT that can pass pro;
A HEALTHY QB;

We might fill one of those spots through FA and one through draft.

If we lose Tartt, we will need a starting safety.

A lot of holes. I don't think shanny has answers on BOTH sides of the ball.
Everyone talking about all the question marks the Niners have. Don't you think it's the same for all the other teams around the league? It's not like the lowered Cap is for the Niners only. This Cap is going to hurt everyone and I see every team with a bunch of question marks. I do know most teams would love to have our core. Bosa,Warner, Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, Kinlaw, Greenlaw, Armstead. I don;t know if there is a team in the league with a better core. We just need to find enough room to build around them. I see question marks for every team in our division. Will the Rams and Seahawks be able to improve their Oline? How will the Seahawks replace Carson? Who is going to be their TE? Will they have the cap space to fix both the Oline and Dline? Who will the Rams lose in order to get under the cap? Can the Cardinals improve the Oline? Who will they be able to get to compliment Hopkins? Who will replace Peterson?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
"Buy low on the 49ers

What a wild ride it's been for the 49ers over the last three years: 4-12 to 13-3 to 6-10. After winning the NFC in 2019, San Francisco finished last in the division, falling well short of its win total of 10.5. But was it more than just a Super Bowl hangover?

The 49ers were the only NFL team to lose more than 300 man-games to injury last season. They went 1-3 in contests decided by four points or fewer and should have won 7.6 games based on point differential. Estimated wins - which account for DVOA and emphasize important, specific situations - projected the club for a whopping 8.7 victories; those 2.7 added wins were the most of any team.

San Francisco finished the season No. 11 in overall DVOA - better than the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, and Washington. The 49ers could once again see another drastic change in fortunes next season."

So basically exactly what I posted. 9-7 if the ball bounces are way and 6-10 if we are unlucky again
Share 49ersWebzone