LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

If healthy(er), are the 49ers a win now team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We should always think our team has a shot at the SB, or why even watch the games?
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
"Buy low on the 49ers

What a wild ride it's been for the 49ers over the last three years: 4-12 to 13-3 to 6-10. After winning the NFC in 2019, San Francisco finished last in the division, falling well short of its win total of 10.5. But was it more than just a Super Bowl hangover?

The 49ers were the only NFL team to lose more than 300 man-games to injury last season. They went 1-3 in contests decided by four points or fewer and should have won 7.6 games based on point differential. Estimated wins - which account for DVOA and emphasize important, specific situations - projected the club for a whopping 8.7 victories; those 2.7 added wins were the most of any team.

San Francisco finished the season No. 11 in overall DVOA - better than the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, and Washington. The 49ers could once again see another drastic change in fortunes next season."

So basically exactly what I posted. 9-7 if the ball bounces are way and 6-10 if we are unlucky again

That seems silly because they went 13-3 in 2019 when they had average luck with injuries.

Normally, I would agree with Woo. However, there's going to be so much turnovers this off-season that it's going to be a brand new team (almost). And they got a new defensive coordinator and we don't know how he will fare .
yeah, not sure why some peeps are stuck in 2019

We can be 100% healthy and suck.. nothing is guaranteed

You are not sure why people look at recent past performance as an indicator of what a team is capable of?

Correct, especially if it's been two years ago

That seems silly.
It was 14 months ago, not two years ago.

This new pessimism schtick is no better than the optimism schtick.

this team has a lot of question marks.

OL needs major help, C, G, and hopefully not T. We have no DBs right now. Can Jimmy stay healthy? New DC as well, it's not a guarantee he will be great.

then you have all the "if's" that need to happen. If Jimmy is healthy / plays good. If Bosa comes back fully healthy. If AA goes back to playing like he did in '19. If Kinlaw plays well this year. If we resign many of our important FAs, and we have like 34 total. and the biggest if is, if we can stay healthy...

It's gonna be a brand new roster almost on defense. definitely not the same talent that we had in '19, at least no where close on defense.

Year five for Shanalynch, things should be humming.
If our historically injured team whipped the rams twice took Seattle to the final minute once and beat the cards handily once (not to mention we can easily beat the packers) I'm absolutely sure we are not only in win now mode but a SB contender.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
We should always think our team has a shot at the SB, or why even watch the games?

This
on paper we have the best team in our division
[ Edited by Bellaleo on Feb 24, 2021 at 6:04 PM ]
It's not what we think it's what the franchise thinks ie Lynch/Peters and Shanahan, and I believe they do think we are in win now mode. The 2019 success and the moves they made the past couple years backs this up, and I expect them to continue on this track. I also don't think we are gonna loose as many FA's that people think. The low cap is going to affect every team across the league and the few teams that do have money to spend generally aren't in win now mode. I think we are gonna see alot of players taking short term deals, not getting paid what they expect waiting for the market to come back thus creating less player movement. I think if we can stay relatively healthy and Shanahan at the helm we can play with anyone, add in a last place schedule and it wouldn't surprise me if we make it deep into the playoffs. We aren't that far off, this team has alot of good pieces in place and I think they feel like they have something to prove, a hungry team is a scary team.
"Buy low on the 49ers

What a wild ride it's been for the 49ers over the last three years: 4-12 to 13-3 to 6-10. After winning the NFC in 2019, San Francisco finished last in the division, falling well short of its win total of 10.5. But was it more than just a Super Bowl hangover?

The 49ers were the only NFL team to lose more than 300 man-games to injury last season. They went 1-3 in contests decided by four points or fewer and should have won 7.6 games based on point differential. Estimated wins - which account for DVOA and emphasize important, specific situations - projected the club for a whopping 8.7 victories; those 2.7 added wins were the most of any team.

San Francisco finished the season No. 11 in overall DVOA - better than the Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, and Washington. The 49ers could once again see another drastic change in fortunes next season."

So basically exactly what I posted. 9-7 if the ball bounces are way and 6-10 if we are unlucky again

That seems silly because they went 13-3 in 2019 when they had average luck with injuries.

Normally, I would agree with Woo. However, there's going to be so much turnovers this off-season that it's going to be a brand new team (almost). And they got a new defensive coordinator and we don't know how he will fare .

You are not sure why people look at recent past performance as an indicator of what a team is capable of?

That seems silly.

OL needs major help, C, G, and hopefully not T. We have no DBs right now. Can Jimmy stay healthy? New DC as well, it's not a guarantee he will be great.

then you have all the "if's" that need to happen. If Jimmy is healthy / plays good. If Bosa comes back fully healthy. If AA goes back to playing like he did in '19. If Kinlaw plays well this year. If we resign many of our important FAs, and we have like 34 total. and the biggest if is, if we can stay healthy...

It's gonna be a brand new roster almost on defense. definitely not the same talent that we had in '19, at least no where close on defense.

Hard to hum when your starting QB is out for the season every other year. Walsh and BB arent winning all those SBs if Joe and Brady were constantly injured.
"Buy low on the 49ers

That seems silly.

Hard to hum when your starting QB is out for the season every other year. Walsh and BB arent winning all those SBs if Joe and Brady were constantly injured.

I agree thst they will be humming with a healthy Jimmy G.

They should be able to keep the good defensive players. They f**ked up ditching Buckner but who else will they be missing?
Share 49ersWebzone