LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Should Shanalynch make trades for a playoff run.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Shanalynch make trades for a playoff run.

No trades involving the loss of high draft picks. If the FO can find a trade that works for the organization then do it.

But we need to keep our picks and then use them wisely. If there is a high priced player that doesn't fit and we can possibly off-load them then I am for that.

I feel like we are not so good that we should be up against the cap with what we have. If we are up against the cap there is something wrong with that.
D-line help like Kerrigan? Or Suh? If we're shooting to make the playoffs and if we get there, we definitely need to boost up our defense. Something telling me not to count on Ford, Blair and J Taylor's chances anymore. However, offense looks brighter with Reed, and Coleman Coming back.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
D-line help like Kerrigan? Or Suh? If we're shooting to make the playoffs and if we get there, we definitely need to boost up our defense. Something telling me not to count on Ford, Blair and J Taylor's chances anymore. However, offense looks brighter with Reed, and Coleman Coming back.

When is Reed and Coleman coming back?
There's no trade worth making imo. He have a lot of FAs to sign this off-season gonna need our draft picks to help fill guys we don't resign
  • All22
  • Veteran
Clay Matthews or another pass rusher is all we need.

Once Reed comes back the offense is going to be elite.
Yes, i think our defense needs another pass rusher. Ryan Kerrigan would be a good who has some left in the tank and wont break the bank or need too high of a draft pick to acquire
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Trade Jimmy G for Russell Wilson

i approve this
We just got out asses whooped in the trade for Sanders and Ford. We need to chill and draft some lineman and dbs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'd like to see who we can trade for before I give my opinion.

We can try and offer Spoon for Trufant.... I think that's a fair share. Trufant can end up being like Carlos Rogers here..
[ Edited by 9moon on Oct 19, 2020 at 7:04 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Where's Trufant at anyways.. i know he no longer w/the Falcons..

I'd honestly rather try and get a little more depth for insurance. There's no real upgrades we can make without mortgaging the future. With reed, tcole, and Sherman back, and if we can get a second half of the season run from Ford, we should have more than enough to make a serious playoff run sans anymore injuries
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
If we do trade, we need a deep burner playmaker wr like Sanders. And defensive line help for pass rush.

Those are two quantities every team cherishes. To get either one would require a high price. With so many players coming up for their 2nd contract in the next two years, our focus needs to be on drafting well to keep as much cap as we can.

Exactly. We are going to sorely need good players on cheap rookie deals. I am not in favor of trading any draft picks.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
If we do trade, we need a deep burner playmaker wr like Sanders. And defensive line help for pass rush.

Those are two quantities every team cherishes. To get either one would require a high price. With so many players coming up for their 2nd contract in the next two years, our focus needs to be on drafting well to keep as much cap as we can.

Exactly. We are going to sorely need good players on cheap rookie deals. I am not in favor of trading any draft picks.

can we do a FORD & SPOON OR PETTIS trade for Washington's SWEAT??
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
can we do a FORD & SPOON OR PETTIS trade for Washington's SWEAT??

Skins won't trade Sweat, he is their bookend to Chase Young and on year two of his rookie deal. Kerrigan expires after this year and is 31 while Sweat has 10 sacks thru his first 22 games.

If you were the Skins GM, you wouldn't trade Sweat would you?

If you were a GM of any of the other 31 teams how much would you value Pettis, Spoon and Ford if offered to you?

C'mon man.
If we win the next 2 games maybe we can think about Ryan Kerrigan.
Share 49ersWebzone