LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 214 users in the forums

Should Shanalynch make trades for a playoff run.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Shanalynch make trades for a playoff run.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
How about a straight up trade of Dante Pettis for John Ross?

Why. Ross can't catch. All he's good for is running straight up the field. We would just trade one guy that isn't playing for a guy that wouldn't really fit Kyle's short passing game philosophy. I don't think they would suddenly be an all out air assault offense any more than they were with Goodwin. If they trade Pettis, get an O linemen or a late round draft pick that could be used to trade up a round or so next year.

Goldlame, is that you Grant Cohn? Just kidding. Just reminded me that Grant Cohn made the exact same comment on twitter. Don't understand the desire for that.
I say, we trade Jimmie Ward for Aldon Smith, straight up once Sherm gets healthy. Put Sherm at FS and keep Moseley and Verrett at corner. Any takers? No? Not a good time in the middle of the year? LOL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers trade for Jordan Willis.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

6'4" 270 pounds outta Kansas st.. loved him outta college, thought he was gonna be a 1st round pick.

Has 3 career sacks.

6'4" 270 pounds outta Kansas st.. loved him outta college, thought he was gonna be a 1st round pick.

Has 3 career sacks.

4.53 forty. At least this will give us some speed off the edge.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
How about a straight up trade of Dante Pettis for John Ross?

Why. Ross can't catch. All he's good for is running straight up the field. We would just trade one guy that isn't playing for a guy that wouldn't really fit Kyle's short passing game philosophy. I don't think they would suddenly be an all out air assault offense any more than they were with Goodwin. If they trade Pettis, get an O linemen or a late round draft pick that could be used to trade up a round or so next year.

Goldlame, is that you Grant Cohn? Just kidding. Just reminded me that Grant Cohn made the exact same comment on twitter. Don't understand the desire for that.
I say, we trade Jimmie Ward for Aldon Smith, straight up once Sherm gets healthy. Put Sherm at FS and keep Moseley and Verrett at corner. Any takers? No? Not a good time in the middle of the year? LOL.

Lol. With the amount of injuries we've had, I'd rather keep as many starters in the secondary as possible.

Has 3 career sacks.

Should've traded pettis for him. Pettis doesn't play and Jets need WRs. SURELY he's better than Braxton Berrios and has a higher floor than with Chris Hogan.
Unless this team goes on a nice run over the next couple games, just punt this season....

And I hate saying that. I really don't want to punt this season but without Bosa(and Ford) this team ain't winning it this year.

Only trading for a high-end pass rusher and adding another dynamic threat at WR could save this season...and I don't see the Niners mortgaging the future to make that happen.
[ Edited by Costanza on Oct 21, 2020 at 2:27 PM ]
Originally posted by gored49:
What would you guys say to a trade of Dante Pettis for Arden key straight up? Two draft busts that hope a change of scenery can help.
Just wanna point out I'm a better gm than baalke (poor jags). Knew this guy had potential way back
Share 49ersWebzone