LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Impact of not having Buckner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:
Sure Buckner>Kinlaw at the moment but what is hurting us more is the injuries to Bosa, Thomas, Blair, Taylor etc.

For the record our run D looks better than last year

Yep. The way our luck has gone this year, we would have mortgaged the franchise to keep Buckner and he would have picked up a season-ender.

Dude was durable and the franchise was mortgaged for Armstead and Solly.
Originally posted by rtj03:
I'm going to argue that losing Buckner is much larger than we expected. What he brought to the field, but what he meant in the locker room and the identity that he help personify.
I know Kinlaw has raw potential but there are intangibles that cannot be replaced.

It's hard with salary cap, but I feel Buckner should have been kept and our defense that was last season, won't be again.

Much expected than what you guys expected. I knew that move would hurt the 49ers. And the hell with the salary cap. The Chiefs and Saints hand out money like crack. And the salary cap is another reason why Lynch needs to be careful to handing out contracts to retards like Ford, b***hburg, Ward and AA. This team need to cease signing big time free agents and focus on the mid-tier signings like K Wuan Williams. The only big time signing this team has made is Juice.
Kinlaw is teh beastors
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by rtj03:
I'm going to argue that losing Buckner is much larger than we expected. What he brought to the field, but what he meant in the locker room and the identity that he help personify.
I know Kinlaw has raw potential but there are intangibles that cannot be replaced.

It's hard with salary cap, but I feel Buckner should have been kept and our defense that was last season, won't be again.

Much expected than what you guys expected. I knew that move would hurt the 49ers. And the hell with the salary cap. The Chiefs and Saints hand out money like crack. And the salary cap is another reason why Lynch needs to be careful to handing out contracts to retards like Ford, b***hburg, Ward and AA. This team need to cease signing big time free agents and focus on the mid-tier signings like K Wuan Williams. The only big time signing this team has made is Juice.

Screw the salary cap.. well, not all the way.. but my point here is that players who deserves to get paid should get paid instead of trying to use some kinda scotch tape to patch up the hole.

at this moment, no matter how bright Kinlaw's future is, I still believe that the money should have gone to Bucko instead of AA, Ward and Kinlaw.. and for that matter, we could have traded AA for a lower pick in the 1st round, who knows, Kinlaw could have been there still..
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
There's been a dropoff in terms of pass rush on the interior, but they are more stout at the point. The 49ers are giving up about the same yards per game that they did with DeFo, but a half-yard less per attempt. Also last season the 49ers only had 4 regular season games where they held the opponent to less than 100 rush yards, they've already done it twice in a month [I know the Giants/Jets without Saquon and Le'Veon are trash]
I also love Buckner but it's business and you can't mortgage the future knowing Kittle and Bosa must be paid.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I dont think its the loss of bucker. I do think its the s**ty offensive line play and injuries. Shanahan's uninspired play calling isnt helping.

I concur...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd rather they signed Buckner and let AA walk.
Originally posted by mayo49:

How does Kittle get an extension?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Screw the salary cap.. well, not all the way.. but my point here is that players who deserves to get paid should get paid instead of trying to use some kinda scotch tape to patch up the hole.

at this moment, no matter how bright Kinlaw's future is, I still believe that the money should have gone to Bucko instead of AA, Ward and Kinlaw.. and for that matter, we could have traded AA for a lower pick in the 1st round, who knows, Kinlaw could have been there still..

Oh come on. Don't fantasise. I can't find anyone predicting that Kinlaw would drop any lower than #16. But when players who deserve to get paid are paid, nothing is left in the pot for future players who deserve to get paid.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by mayo49:

How does Kittle get an extension?

We could have found a way to sign them both.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for DaBeegDeek.
It's unfortunate that we don't have him, he was a great player and he's great in Indy right now, but sometimes that's how things go.
And after next weekend when Kinlaw gets 2 sacks this thread will churn up the "we don't miss buck at all" posts.

It's amazing how b***hy people are after a loss and overly optimistic after a win.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
And after next weekend when Kinlaw gets 2 sacks this thread will churn up the "we don't miss buck at all" posts.

It's amazing how b***hy people are after a loss and overly optimistic after a win.

I'd love them to have kept Buckner and still drafted Kinlaw.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 8, 2020 at 4:00 AM ]
I think Buckner was more finesse with his style of pass rush and this system requires more of a bull rush style defensive lineman.

Just an observation
Share 49ersWebzone