There are 237 users in the forums

Impact of not having Buckner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The impact of not having Buckner has been nothing short of devastating. He was the anchor to the defensive with Bosa and Armstead pass rushing. Without Buckner, we don't have that. I equate losing Buckner to the '94 49ers losing Ricky Watters.
Bump this thread to NFL talk.

He is a great player will root for him. but no longer on the niners.

Time to move on guys.

Holding on like a ex girlfriend
[ Edited by nahumse on Oct 9, 2020 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
The impact of not having Buckner has been nothing short of devastating. He was the anchor to the defensive with Bosa and Armstead pass rushing. Without Buckner, we don't have that. I equate losing Buckner to the '94 49ers losing Ricky Watters.

Buckner is my boy, but our DL even without Bosa/Ford/Buck hasn't been close to a problem this yr. The defense overall hasn't been a problem and we're throwing out backups and backups to the backups right now.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
If you truely think that Buckner´s trade is the reason the team is struggling, then you should rewatch the games.
The niners lost two games because of bad offensive execution not because of the defense.
If anything we should thank Saleh and the defensive guys for the fight they put in every games so far considering all the injuries.
And maybe I´m wrong but when I see that Kinlaw kid play, I see someone that has a strong future.
It's humongous. I live near Indy now and was at a game a couple of weeks ago. They are one of the best d's in the league because of him. Yuuuuge loss!
Originally posted by pdc20:
If you truely think that Buckner´s trade is the reason the team is struggling, then you should rewatch the games.
The niners lost two games because of bad offensive execution not because of the defense.
If anything we should thank Saleh and the defensive guys for the fight they put in every games so far considering all the injuries.
And maybe I´m wrong but when I see that Kinlaw kid play, I see someone that has a strong future.

The defense is actually playing pretty well considering what they lost. The biggest difference between this year and last year is they aren't getting sacks. Lot's of pressure but they're not able to wrapt these guys up. This team is 4th in points allowed in 3rd in total yards but they're tied for 21st in sacks with 8. The fact that we've had 3 games against poor offensive teams probably helps our ranking in points and yards allowed.
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Lets see, this season we have endured our
  • QB out for 2 games,
  • both top RBs (Mostert/Coleman) out for multiple games
  • Top playmaker (Kittle) out for 1.5 games
  • Deebo out for 3 games
  • 1st round WR (Aiyuk) out for one of the games we lost
  • top corner (Sherman) out for multiple games
  • 2nd corner (Moseley) out for multiple games
  • both edges (Ford/Bosa) out for multiple games

With Buckner the outcome of this season would be the same. Not sure how many other teams can lose those types of players above and still be 2-2.

So true. 4-0 easily
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by elguapo:
You guys do realize Armstead is the fourth rated and in all of football only behind TJ Watt, Khalil Mack and Myles Garrett. I love Buckner but we have to see if the trade-off is worth it because we did save money, got better against the run in my opinion, and got to resign much needed players. Kinlaw is great against the run and he's already swatting down passes and making some crucial plays like we saw last week.

Again AA is 4th per PFF

4th per PFF is not bad, elguapo.

Even though Buckner is number two at his position, still we can sure draft lineman unlike Seattle . Wish we could keep them all. If Ruben Foster wasn't such a f**k up we could've because that money to Alexander really hurt
Well without our two starting edge rushers and backups, it's moot at this point.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:

Not even close. When Waters left Derek Louville came in. Loved the guy but the drop off is way more devastating than losing Buckner.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9moon:

you're making my side hurts !! STOP IT!!

You need to worry about keeping the right players who deserve to get paid in order to keep winning so that you can keep your job THEN worry about players who needs to get paid when their time come.. You don't even know how good those players will be after 3 years, why not wait and see.. or better yet, you don't even know if you're going to be running the team by then..

as for Kinlaw not being there, Cee Dee Lamb fell to the Cowboys at 17, who cares about anyone's prediction.. I bet you didn't see that coming either.. so who to say that all teams after the 13th pick liked Kinlaw??

Do you actually think that it was a good decision that we paid AA-Ward and drafted Kinlaw than keeping Bucko??

HONEST PLEASE.

As usual with you, the goalposts keep moving rendering any discussion pointless.

You going to use that "goalposts keep moving" saying of yours again?

How is it pointless?

Were you not one of the FANS who believed that Bucko was a SUPERSTAR?

so, I was merely asking you if you actually like the decision that was made? it's not a matter of "WHAT'S DONE'S DONE"... I already know that, and I do like Kinlaw, but my question to you is whether or not you like the fact that we traded a SUPERSTAR and kept AA and Ward and drafted Kinlaw.

How is it pointless?

so, I was merely asking you if you actually like the decision that was made? it's not a matter of "WHAT'S DONE'S DONE"... I already know that, and I do like Kinlaw, but my question to you is whether or not you like the fact that we traded a SUPERSTAR and kept AA and Ward and drafted Kinlaw.

Dude get over it
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

How is it pointless?

Dude get over it

to the rescueeee !!!

Share 49ersWebzone