LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 186 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Alright Aiyuk I got you with the under for 32 yards receiving this weekend. So that means you'll have a career day.

It should be pouring, so at least you have that going for you.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Alright Aiyuk I got you with the under for 32 yards receiving this weekend. So that means you'll have a career day.

It should be pouring, so at least you have that going for you.

Trust me that was my mindset for the game. All the overs running the ball and for check-down passes to RBs.
Damn. Even Greg Papa, on the haberman & middlekauff podcast, mentioned that Aiyuk is not on his X's and O's. That he is not running his routes the way coaches want. And mentioned clear out routes as an example.

Papa makes it seem like he's doggin it out there. So I don't blame coaches for putting him in the doghouse.

I hope he turns it it around. I would think attitude would be an easier fix than ability. But sometimes you never know with certain players.

Im ready to call him a bust, but I'm officially concerned.
bummer that he's gone this route. at first i thought it was shanahan being a f**k head, but looking at some deep dive vids from jonny and others.... looking like another disastrous draft class -_-
Originally posted by frenchmov:
bummer that he's gone this route. at first i thought it was shanahan being a f**k head, but looking at some deep dive vids from jonny and others.... looking like another disastrous draft class -_-

Yeah, same here. I really thought he was going to take the next step this season. What a bummer.
  1. Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
    Damn. Even Greg Papa, on the haberman & middlekauff podcast, mentioned that Aiyuk is not on his X's and O's. That he is not running his routes the way coaches want. And mentioned clear out routes as an example.

Papa makes it seem like he's doggin it out there. So I don't blame coaches for putting him in the doghouse.

I hope he turns it it around. I would think attitude would be an easier fix than ability. But sometimes you never know with certain players.

Im ready to call him a bust, but I'm officially concerned.

Theres nothing that pisses me off more then a high first round pick with his head up his ass. Yes that is BA. Incredible how these guys waste talant due to laziness especially with a guy like Jerry Rice in the folkore of the franchise. CUT HIM! Make an example of him....1st or 100th rd ......put the work in or else.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Oct 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by TD49ers:
  1. Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Im not ready to call him a bust, but I'm officially concerned.

Theres nothing that pisses me off more then a high first round pick with his head up his ass. Yes that is BA. Incredible how these guys waste talant due to laziness especially with a guy like Jerry Rice in the folkore of the franchise. CUT HIM! Make an example of him....1st or 100th rd ......put the work in or else.

I meant to add the bold. Oops lol

He definitely needs to get his act together but it's to early to cut ties. If he doesn't improve as the season progresses then we should start considering trading him. We can't waste roster space on players not fully bought in (like Warner talked about on his press conference)
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
I meant to add the bold. Oops lol

He definitely needs to get his act together but it's to early to cut ties. If he doesn't improve as the season progresses then we should start considering trading him. We can't waste roster space on players not fully bought in (like Warner talked about on his press conference)

Teams put way too much value in early rd picks and as a result front offices hang on to 1st rd players too long stunting the development of the roster. If desire and work ethic is not there it should be easy. Suck it up and move on. Thats the toughest part......knowing whats in the players head.......its all between the ears. Hard to the evaluate it. Know that and react quickly so the team can move on.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Oct 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Yeah, same here. I really thought he was going to take the next step this season. What a bummer.

What happened to training camp "Aiyuk is on the verge of being unguardable," I guess they meant, unplayable.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Oct 22, 2021 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
What happened to training camp "Aiyuk is on the verge of being unguardable," I guess they meant, unplayable.

Why would anyone draw conclusions relative to the rumors in training camp. It is always a hype machine.

Why would anyone draw conclusions relative to the rumors in training camp. It is always a hype machine.

Apparently. Pretty big discrepancy though, and not unbelievable given his performance as a rookie. To just fall off a cliff.....
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Oct 22, 2021 at 6:51 PM ]

Apparently. Pretty big discrepancy though, and not unbelievable given his performance as a rookie. To just fall off a cliff.....

So he is motivated in camp but come the regular season he decides that he is no longer interested?

So he is motivated in camp but come the regular season he decides that he is no longer interested?

No idea. Would hope it would be the other way around.

No idea. Would hope it would be the other way around.

If motivation is the issue he is a hopeless cause. Show him the door.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maybe, it's just that time of the month.
Share 49ersWebzone