LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk is a 49er! Pick #25, 2020 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Wait? For real? Where can I find this?!?!
To be fair, a couple of his watchers called out your video as an explanation on why BA hasn't been getting targets. All Crock does is rag on Jimmy and then when you look at the tape, Jimmy doesn't throw deep balls because his deep threat receiver can't get any separation (or Mack and Brunskill get immediately blown up).

Yeah, I did see that and I am hugely grateful to those people. Fact is, Crocker has 30+k followers on twitter and I aint gonna reject attention from a blue check, lol.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I read somewhere that Aiyuk bulked up in the off season. It could be a contributing factor as he may have put on a few pounds of muscle but in turn lost a step.

I doubt that's the problem. He doesn't visibly look that much bigger, so it's not like he put on an excessive amount of weight. Furthermore, increasing muscle mass isn't supposed to make you lose a step. It's supposed to make you more athletic. These dudes ain't doing bro splits. They're in there squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning, etc. You get more athletic, not less, with how these dudes train.

But you never know.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 20, 2021 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I read somewhere that Aiyuk bulked up in the off season. It could be a contributing factor as he may have put on a few pounds of muscle but in turn lost a step.

I doubt that's the problem. He doesn't visibly look that much bigger, so it's not like he put on an excessive amount of weight. Furthermore, increasing muscle mass isn't supposed to make you lose a step. It's supposed to make you more athletic. These dudes ain't doing bro splits. They're in there squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning, etc. You get more athletic, not less, with how these dudes train.

But you never know.

I am just a fan doing what fans do and that is speculating. I just hope he figures it out soon. We really could use his production in this offense.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Officially Crocky approved, lol
[

Damn JD got Crock subscribed! Great stuff right there bro

But you never know.

If you put on upper body weight of couse it makes you slower all else being equal. Sheesh.
Originally posted by rorrim:
[

The guy has been promoted to that guy
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If you put on upper body weight of couse it makes you slower all else being equal. Sheesh.

Read my post:

They're in there squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning

Those are the 3 most prominent lifts in every single weight room in every single football program in the country. What do those mainly strengthen? Posterior chain--glutes, hamstrings, traps, lats, etc. The muscles that make athletes more explosive, not less.

These are football players, not gym bros doing bench press and curls all day and building fluff muscles. These guys focus on functional lifts, and if Aiyuk put on muscle, it's likely good muscle.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 20, 2021 at 6:34 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Read my post:

They're in there squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning

Those are the 3 most prominent lifts in every single weight room in every single football program in the country. What do those mainly strengthen? Posterior chain--glutes, hamstrings, traps, lats, etc. The muscles that make athletes more explosive, not less.

These are football players, not gym bros doing bench press and curls all day and building fluff muscles. These guys focus on functional lifts, and if Aiyuk put on muscle, it's likely good muscle.

Just get him the " damn ball !! "
Originally posted by walker807:
[

LOL. Does it come with a corner office?
It should come with a corner office. You go, JD. Your hard work is starting to get some recognition.

jonnys video not makin me feel good about aiyuk!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
jonnys video not makin me feel good about aiyuk!

I sorry? Lol
It should come with a corner office. You go, JD. Your hard work is starting to get some recognition.

Haha, thanks! It does feel weird to have some of these guys retreating it, lol.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Come on Brandon you are a good player. I refuse to believe he went into derp mode after a fantastic rookie season.Shanny needs to ease him into games.....
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
[

LOL. Does it come with a corner office?

JD if you could just throw in s subtle "silky" into your next video that would be great
Share 49ersWebzone