LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 338 users in the forums

The Inevitable FA 2020 Ratings Thread (SO FAR!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Inevitable FA 2020 Ratings Thread (SO FAR!)

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I only see it in reference to free agency because AA was a free agent and we could have chosen to let him walk instead of trading Buckner. So it did have some effect on FA even though it wasn't direct.

AA absolutely counts. He was a free agent. It was tag or long term deal.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
I would think cap management is part of free agency. And historically a lot of Super Bowl teams follow it up by losing a bunch of key players in the offseason, let alone signing anyone new.

Teams that earn Fs in Free Agency aren't those that sign no one, they're teams that grossly overpay on deals that will hamstring themselves for years to come--see, Zeke Elliot, Todd Gurley, etc. Sometimes the best move is the move you don't make.

Oh, yeah, and we actually got great return for our Pro Bowler in Buckner. Whereas the Texans got a measly 2nd round pick for Nuk Hopkins, who frankly is at least 2x more valuable of a player than Deforest Buckner.

I esp. agree here but since we're a team only 3 years into our rebuild, we didn't have anyone of significance to lose...everyone was/is locked up.

AA was as high profile as it got and even he, we had total control over (tag if no deal).

Sanders & Ward are mid tier FA's ($8-9M).

Garland, Coleman, Day, D.Moore, Blair, Toilolo, Breida and Bourne are role players and depth (injury signings).

They chose to keep Coleman, Goodwin, spend $6.4M on Breida and Bourne, etc.

That's the part fans are missing...this was all a conscious choice. They weren't bound by any constraints here other than the ones they placed on themselves. In fact, a Superbowl team has probably never had better freedom...they chose to rest on their laurels.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2020 at 10:03 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by susweel:
F-

They got rid of our best most consistent defensive player only for a mid first rounder.

Paid two players that were one year wonders.

Haven't sign anyone.

This team is run by morans or they aren't even trying to really field a team in 2020 because they don't believe a season will be played.

Always fun to read stupid s**t during this quarantine. Clueless people should watch soccer or something they can actually understand.

What have they done in free agency? Also no need to be rude just because people have different opinions.
D. Team got worse so far not better. Hopefully the draft can turn it around. Losing Buck and Sanders hurt. Really not feeling the pay day for Ward.
AA, Ward and McKinnon were Paraag specials. The Buck trade hurts but was understandable looking at the big picture. Would like to get Sanders back but I believe they have a plan in place in the draft (or Maybe a Beckham trade). Not getting the Compton signing to replace Person. Would have like Chris Harris JR, but oh well. Still early in FA and we can still get some decent players. For now, I'll give it a C graders
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
AA, Ward and McKinnon were Paraag specials. The Buck trade hurts but was understandable looking at the big picture. Would like to get Sanders back but I believe they have a plan in place in the draft (or Maybe a Beckham trade). Not getting the Compton signing to replace Person. Would have like Chris Harris JR, but oh well. Still early in FA and we can still get some decent players. For now, I'll give it a C graders

I have a feeling we'll get back Person on an ultra cheap deal. Only G's left are Kline and Leary on the market. Must keep 8 OL up on game day.
Originally posted by Rydes:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Tartt
Spoon
Harris
Thomas
Coleman

Can kiss my natural Italian ass
We will be fine

Who de have as safety if start ain't there?

Since our safeties are somewhat interchangeable we could probably have Moore start at free safety and move ward to Strong. We also have next years free agency and the draft. Worst case he should sign for pretty cheap if we want him
Originally posted by NCommand:
SS esp. box S's are a dime a dozen. Hell, either Harris or T.Moore play it given both FS and SS are interchangeable.

Nice. I just said the same!
SS esp. box S's are a dime a dozen. Hell, either Harris or T.Moore play it given both FS and SS are interchangeable.

Youz wick'd smhat

Youz wick'd smhat

I'm going to watch "the town" again

Youz wick'd smhat

I'm going to watch "the town" again

There you go! What else are we gonna do? I'm a bit surprised the WZ isn't booming with fans crashing the server by now.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2020 at 12:01 PM ]

I have a feeling we'll get back Person on an ultra cheap deal. Only G's left are Kline and Leary on the market. Must keep 8 OL up on game day.

Hope so as we got to continue to solidify the front (the Usual off season topic).
Hope so as we got to continue to solidify the front (the Usual off season topic).

Our depth is pretty fantastic. But Person can play both C and G, is a great locker room guy, clearly knows the system and probably would have no issues helping to groom a rookie RG. Just a thought...

Our depth is pretty fantastic. But Person can play both C and G, is a great locker room guy, clearly knows the system and probably would have no issues helping to groom a rookie RG. Just a thought...

Build that wall!! Sorry I have to do i, I'm bored here
Has the financials come out on Comptons deal? Would be nice if there was no guarantees, so after the draft when we add a IOL, we can just cut Compton and not have any dead money. Although what do I know, Brunskill and Skule were doing amazing when Staley+McGlinchey were out, Skule struggled how ever, when he slid to RT, and had to be replaced by Brunskill.

Not bad production we got out of those 2 when our original swing tackle (Coleman) got hurt before the season.
Share 49ersWebzone