LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

The Inevitable FA 2020 Ratings Thread (SO FAR!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Inevitable FA 2020 Ratings Thread (SO FAR!)

• Jiks
So far F and I'm usually one of positive ones. We've done nothing but regressed on paper.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Maybe fans might understand the lack of purchases in free agency this year when they look at our own soon to be free agents next year.

Sherman
Tart
Witherspoon
Kwaun William
DJ jones
George Kittle
Kyle juszczyk
Marcell Harris
Solomon Thomas
Trent Taylor
Tevin Coleman

We can go back and forth on the projected salary cap, who and who not to bring back, but all these players will be on the 53 this year most likely.

And for an added kicker. Next years free agent class is STACKED depending on who gets tagged.

Tartt
Spoon
Harris
Thomas
Coleman

Can kiss my natural Italian ass
We will be fine

Fans need to read more. We have over $60M in cap space with 44 of 53 players already locked up for next year and really, only Kittle to resign and even he could be tagged at the TE top 5 which is cheap.

I would imagine only K'Waun will have the only big jump in salary. Very possible Staley, Coleman, Goodwin, Sherman and others are coming off the books too. Fans acting like we're $20M in the red and we're working with the old CBA.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2020 at 4:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Rydes:
Tartt
Spoon
Harris
Thomas
Coleman

We will be fine

Who de have as safety if start ain't there?

SS esp. box S's are a dime a dozen. Hell, either Harris or T.Moore play it given both FS and SS are interchangeable.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
A

A? For free agency? You do know free agency is used to ADD personnel to your team and fill holes. Buckner is a CAP MANAGEMENT trade that so happened to have been made during the free agency period.

Also, every team resigns their cheap depth and try to keep as many of their own as they can. Every. Team. That's like giving yourself at least a B for signing your name on the test.

So, in terms of 'actually' adding new talent to fill needs and set yourself up for total freedom on draft day at both 13 and 31, I'm not sure how one can consider this free agency period an, A. The poll was for 'FA 2020 Rating' - it's also not totally over yet either.
A
Brought back everyone from our Super Bowl roster except Sanders and Buckner, whom we were never going to pay as much as he got.
Would like to have kept Sanders, but with the Indy pick, we can replace his production with a younger, cheaper WR.
Extremely savvy work by the FO

agreed. Not much to complain about really.
Originally posted by NCommand:
A

A? For free agency? You do know free agency is used to ADD personnel to your team and fill holes. Buckner is a CAP MANAGEMENT trade that so happened to have been made during the free agency period.

Also, every team resigns their cheap depth and try to keep as many of their own as they can. Every. Team. That's like giving yourself at least a B for signing your name on the test.

So, in terms of 'actually' adding new talent to fill needs and set yourself up for total freedom on draft day at both 13 and 31, I'm not sure how one can consider this free agency period an, A. The poll was for 'FA 2020 Rating' - it's also not totally over yet either.

Except by trading Buckner, we got another 1st rounder which gives us a lot of options that we really didn't have. I get the Buckner cap management thing but they could have signed him and let AA go which would have made it hard or impossible to sign Ward. In either case it was a choice that was forced by free agency and the cap.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Except by trading Buckner, we got another 1st rounder which gives us a lot of options that we really didn't have. I get the Buckner cap management thing but they could have signed him and let AA go which would have made it hard or impossible to sign Ward. In either case it was a choice that was forced by free agency and the cap.

Literally, has nothing to do with free agency.

Even if you trade 13 for a player it's still just a trade...which can be done anytime.

Free agency is free agency.

Maybe the OP needs to do a poll for you guys on "off season transactions?"
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2020 at 8:04 AM ]
Maybe fans might understand the lack of purchases in free agency this year when they look at our own soon to be free agents next year.

Sherman
Tart
Witherspoon
Kwaun William
DJ jones
George Kittle
Kyle juszczyk
Marcell Harris
Solomon Thomas
Trent Taylor
Tevin Coleman

We can go back and forth on the projected salary cap, who and who not to bring back, but all these players will be on the 53 this year most likely.

And for an added kicker. Next years free agent class is STACKED depending on who gets tagged.

Tartt
Spoon
Harris
Thomas
Coleman

We will be fine

Fans need to read more. We have over $60M in cap space with 44 of 53 players already locked up for next year and really, only Kittle to resign and even he could be tagged at the TE top 5 which is cheap.

I would imagine only K'Waun will have the only big jump in salary. Very possible Staley, Coleman, Goodwin, Sherman and others are coming off the books too. Fans acting like we're $20M in the red and we're working with the old CBA.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make. Why go nutter butters over this free agent class when next years class is going to be bonkers?

Surprised you only brought up Kittle and Kwaun. DJ jones is someone the 49ers should look to extend as well.
The Numbers will have about 50-60 million in cap space. Next year the Niners need to extend Kittle, DJ Jones, Juice, Williams, and possibly Sherman if he still is playing up to his level. Kittle and Jones will get 5yr. deals. Juice and Williams could get a 2-3 yr deals.

We have plenty of Cap space keep key players we need. DJ Jones if healthy will have a huge year. We have some great talent on this roster. Niners are playing this smart.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make. Why go nutter butters over this free agent class when next years class is going to be bonkers?

Surprised you only brought up Kittle and Kwaun. DJ jones is someone the 49ers should look to extend as well.

True. There's actually quite a few we can start extending next year but no big deals like Buckner. Even Kittle's deal is going to surprise people. It won't be bad. AB already has it broken down well.

But no biggies like FQB, WR1, LT, CB1, etc.
Originally posted by Gkhoury2325:
The Numbers will have about 50-60 million in cap space. Next year the Niners need to extend Kittle, DJ Jones, Juice, Williams, and possibly Sherman if he still is playing up to his level. Kittle and Jones will get 5yr. deals. Juice and Williams could get a 2-3 yr deals.

We have plenty of Cap space keep key players we need. DJ Jones if healthy will have a huge year. We have some great talent on this roster. Niners are playing this smart.

Yup and those are the cheaper positions. TE, NT, SCB, FB, etc. Nothing outrageous. And that's at market value or higher.

I would think cap management is part of free agency. And historically a lot of Super Bowl teams follow it up by losing a bunch of key players in the offseason, let alone signing anyone new.
Teams that earn Fs in Free Agency aren't those that sign no one, they're teams that grossly overpay on deals that will hamstring themselves for years to come--see, Zeke Elliot, Todd Gurley, etc. Sometimes the best move is the move you don't make.
Oh, yeah, and we actually got great return for our Pro Bowler in Buckner. Whereas the Texans got a measly 2nd round pick for Nuk Hopkins, who frankly is at least 2x more valuable of a player than Deforest Buckner.
Literally, has nothing to do with free agency.

Even if you trade 13 for a player it's still just a trade...which can be done anytime.

Free agency is free agency.

Maybe the OP needs to do a poll for you guys on "off season transactions?"

I only see it in reference to free agency because AA was a free agent and we could have chosen to let him walk instead of trading Buckner. So it did have some effect on FA even though it wasn't direct.
A

Lol this.
Share 49ersWebzone