There are 153 users in the forums

2020 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NC...dayam man, big-time tip o' the cap. That's a lot to digest, for sure. Isn't it cool we have Paraag to orchestrate it. Have complete confidence in him. Besides how Belichick plays the draft (like a fiddle), we can also look to the hated Seahawks up north. Similar situation WRT Armstead & how Seattle tagged then traded Frank Clark to the Chiefs. I agree, it's going to be hard to re-sign AA...without sacrificing other players our braintrust wants to keep. Garnering extra draft picks is a great idea IF you have a totally executable plan. It's likely going to take a combination of player releases, trades and restructuring to get Lynch enough picks & capital to not just maintain where the team's at right now, but improve the roster to absolute killer status. One of the mistakes previous SB teams have made is cap mismanagement...and/or not having brilliant people like Paraag in their front office to navigate it. I like our chances. Again, great effort to put all that plethora of info together. Five stars!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
NC...dayam man, big-time tip o' the cap. That's a lot to digest, for sure. Isn't it cool we have Paraag to orchestrate it. Have complete confidence in him. Besides how Belichick plays the draft (like a fiddle), we can also look to the hated Seahawks up north. Similar situation WRT Armstead & how Seattle tagged then traded Frank Clark to the Chiefs. I agree, it's going to be hard to re-sign AA...without sacrificing other players our braintrust wants to keep. Garnering extra draft picks is a great idea IF you have a totally executable plan. It's likely going to take a combination of player releases, trades and restructuring to get Lynch enough picks & capital to not just maintain where the team's at right now, but improve the roster to absolute killer status. One of the mistakes previous SB teams have made is cap mismanagement...and/or not having brilliant people like Paraag in their front office to navigate it. I like our chances. Again, great effort to put all that plethora of info together. Five stars!

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I pull in AB's site, OTC, Twitter references, etc.

Believe me, Post #48 was done more so 'I' could understand our options in keeping our own, where we can save, etc. It helped paint a realistic picture so I don't lose my s**t later over the inevitable tough decisions the FO will need to make (I'll actually expect them). Haha

But yeah, Paraag and his staff know all the loop holes and ways to manipulate the cap. I can't wait to see how he does it this off season. Plus it will be fun to see how ShanaLynch prioritize the needs as well...and like you said, how they navigate the draft with so few chips...and late chips, to boot.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 17, 2020 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Eric Davis on Dante Pettis and Matt Breida:

"Pettis is gone! I think Breida is gone... they were both healthy scratches at the Superbowl...I can win this without you."

His top team needs: ER & DB on defense and OL for offense.

This man gets it!

Great work on original post NC. I agree with Eric Davis as well.

Guard seems like the position we really need to address this offseason.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Eric Davis on Dante Pettis and Matt Breida:

"Pettis is gone! I think Breida is gone... they were both healthy scratches at the Superbowl...I can win this without you."

His top team needs: ER & DB on defense and OL for offense.

This man gets it!

Great work on original post NC. I agree with Eric Davis as well.

Guard seems like the position we really need to address this offseason.

Thank you...
For your off season plans.

That's true, the 49ers offense really got going once Sanders was acquired and the change was noticeable. Depending on the deal I would love it if the team brought him back. With Deebo around and a slew of young and unproven players at WR, it may be ideal to keep a veteran like him out there.

I feel like Armstead could be one of those contract year players who, up until this season, really didn't show a whole lot rushing the passer. It's possible he's improved, or it's possible he's been a beneficiary of a D-line that feature Buckner and added Bosa and Ford this past off-season. He's really good, but given the depth the team has they may have to pursue a tag-and-trade scenario with Armstead if they can swing it.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
That's true, the 49ers offense really got going once Sanders was acquired and the change was noticeable. Depending on the deal I would love it if the team brought him back. With Deebo around and a slew of young and unproven players at WR, it may be ideal to keep a veteran like him out there.

I feel like Armstead could be one of those contract year players who, up until this season, really didn't show a whole lot rushing the passer. It's possible he's improved, or it's possible he's been a beneficiary of a D-line that feature Buckner and added Bosa and Ford this past off-season. He's really good, but given the depth the team has they may have to pursue a tag-and-trade scenario with Armstead if they can swing it.

Lynch has alluded to it too in the past...it's starting to feel like AA is gone either way. With his one contract, you can extend Kittle and Buckner, sign Ward, Sanders, Blair, and a host of others.

Going forward, we can expect to lose 2-3 really good players every year like all playoff teams.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Armstead's repertoire of pass rush moves grew to the point that he even beat double teams. He's has more moves than Buckner now.
Originally posted by All22:
Armstead's repertoire of pass rush moves grew to the point that he even beat double teams. He's has more moves than Buckner now.

Agreed. He's worked very hard on it the past two years. And I think everyone is learning from Bosa too.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Lynch has alluded to it too in the past...it's starting to feel like AA is gone either way. With his one contract, you can extend Kittle and Buckner, sign Ward, Sanders, Blair, and a host of others.

Going forward, we can expect to lose 2-3 really good players every year like all playoff teams.

They're probably looking to trade Armstead for a 2020 Day 2 pick or let him walk and take the 3rd/4th round comp pick in 2021. Then hoping Solly/Blair/Jones/Street etc step up into the open spot on the line.

Originally posted by All22:

They're probably looking to trade Armstead for a 2020 Day 2 pick or let him walk and take the 3rd/4th round comp pick in 2021. Then hoping Solly/Blair/Jones/Street etc step up into the open spot on the line.

Yeah, this one is tough.

Basically, with his salary, you could extend DeForest Buckner, George Kittle and Kendrick Bourne and resign Ben Garland, Levine Toilolo, Damontre Moore, Ronald Blair III, Emmanuel Sanders & Jimmie Ward.

AA's one big weakness is lateral agility. He really struggles, even in W9, containing QB's and RB's who can get outside him. Bosa shuts those all down. And outside the DE is where teams killed us.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 18, 2020 at 7:41 AM ]
Yeah, this one is tough.

Basically, with his salary, you could extend DeForest Buckner, George Kittle and Kendrick Bourne and resign Ben Garland, Levine Toilolo, Damontre Moore, Ronald Blair III, Emmanuel Sanders & Jimmie Ward.

AA's one big weakness is lateral agility. He really struggles, even in W9, containing QB's and RB's who can get outside him. Bosa shuts those all down. And outside the DE is where teams killed us.

I wouldnt say "killed".

Agility is a stat with a perceptual component, and that is where arik is weak.

So 17m signs everyone under the sun? I dont think so. Maybe a couple performers and 1 or 2 backups.

Heres the real question: do we keep aa or ford? Damn i love ford but we cant spend 17m for 230 snaps. Just cant do it.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yeah, this one is tough.

I wouldnt say "killed".

Agility is a stat with a perceptual component, and that is where arik is weak.

So 17m signs everyone under the sun? I dont think so. Maybe a couple performers and 1 or 2 backups.

Heres the real question: do we keep aa or ford? Damn i love ford but we cant spend 17m for 230 snaps. Just cant do it.

Yeah, kill was probably too strong of a word. More like Kyler Murray, Goff, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, etc. took advantage of that edge at times. That's why in a W9, you typically have ends around 250-260 vs. 6'7" 295.

No, by not resigning AA, his salary will cover a number of those FA's and ensure the team won't have to restructure any more contracts.

In this thread, page 4, post 48, I outline other avenues as well including restructuring Ford.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 18, 2020 at 8:27 AM ]
Draft Or acquire via trade or fa

1. A good zone blocking C/G bc our interior ol allowing pressures has been a problem for so many years

2. A Starting safety that can actually make plays to either replace ward or challenge him for the starting job. If we keep Ward since we have Moore this priority probably drops one spot and corner becomes a more pressing issue.

3. A cb bc Sherman has 2 to 3 years left imo and Moseley is a great number 2 that plays better than some starting ones

4. A wr that has speed and preferably size. If we keep Sanders which I think we will (since we have up a 3rd and 4th got back a fifth) this is not a huge priority. Especially with Hurd and Taylor all but guaranteed a spot.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Draft Or acquire via trade or fa

1. A good zone blocking C/G bc our interior ol allowing pressures has been a problem for so many years

2. A Starting safety that can actually make plays to either replace ward or challenge him for the starting job. If we keep Ward since we have Moore this priority probably drops one spot and corner becomes a more pressing issue.

3. A cb bc Sherman has 2 to 3 years left imo and Moseley is a great number 2 that plays better than some starting ones

4. A wr that has speed and preferably size. If we keep Sanders which I think we will (since we have up a 3rd and 4th got back a fifth) this is not a huge priority. Especially with Hurd and Taylor all but guaranteed a spot.

I like this a lot!
Share 49erswebzone