• Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by elguapo:
AA is like a worse version of Calais Campbell, and is worth keeping. We do need another corner eventually so hopefully will get that in free agency or the draft this year or next

We need a CB now. I don't trust a UDFA who started how many games (?) and already blew his assignment on the biggest play of the year, and maybe his career. Moseley should be a valued backup. And he's an upgrade from the 5th rounder who we had to bench because he just kept getting burned again and again, like he did last year.

You don't think we could roll with the same corners as we had last year? Especially if we keep our line together on defense we should produce close to the same result, maybe even better with one more year playing in the same system.

I repeat:

Moseley - only started a couple games in his entire career, and already blew it. He'd have a bullseye on his chest all season long.
Spoon - been there seen it done it.

Nope, I do not trust that position.

So one bad play from Moseley in the SB throws out any of the good play from 9 starts in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs?

WZ logic.

A UDFA who was a backup to Spoon until Saleh's hand was forced to start him. You want to continue with him instead of trying to improve.

WZ logic indeed.

You make it sound like Moseley has already reached his ceiling at 23 years old.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Don't worry fellas, Lynch won't do anything rash like spend the 1st on a CB as I suggest. He knows that with that DLine he can get adequate play from mediocre players.

Our 1st will go to a WR or a trade down for the picks for a couple interior OL. So you're stressing about my wish list not reality.

Next thing you know, AK will be Lynch n Shanny's new guy they'll want to "go to war" with... I hope they let Ward walk
AA is like a worse version of Calais Campbell, and is worth keeping. We do need another corner eventually so hopefully will get that in free agency or the draft this year or next

We need a CB now. I don't trust a UDFA who started how many games (?) and already blew his assignment on the biggest play of the year, and maybe his career. Moseley should be a valued backup. And he's an upgrade from the 5th rounder who we had to bench because he just kept getting burned again and again, like he did last year.

You don't think we could roll with the same corners as we had last year? Especially if we keep our line together on defense we should produce close to the same result, maybe even better with one more year playing in the same system.

I repeat:

Moseley - only started a couple games in his entire career, and already blew it. He'd have a bullseye on his chest all season long.

So one bad play from Moseley in the SB throws out any of the good play from 9 starts in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs?

WZ logic.

A UDFA who was a backup to Spoon until Saleh's hand was forced to start him. You want to continue with him instead of trying to improve.

WZ logic indeed.

Nope. If I recall correctly, I posted today on this thread that he would remain a valued member of the secondary. If I recall correctly, those were my exact words posted today on this thread.

Perhaps you missed that.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I repeat:

WZ logic.

WZ logic indeed.

Playoffs included he has some 600 snaps this year give or take. And we have spent 2 years developing Moseley.

There is no reason not to try to let him continue to grow in the role he finished the season in and a role he had earlier in the year... entrenched as the starter. You pencil him in for that. You draft a corner to develop and to push him and AW for the starting spot but the rookie starts at the bottom and can work his way up. Moseley proved he could play some ball.

Probably easier to find a guy in the draft who is needed to fill one role (boundary corner) than to find a guy who would be trying to replace a guy in AA who played up and down the DL. A lot harder to find a DL who can produce inside and out like AA did for us.
You resign Armstead. Rather than a corner, we need to upgrade Ward at FS. He is better than average but not the ideal single high. Not a ballhawk. I'd let him walk if I was confident we could land Delpit. I'd still draft Delpit if we did resign Ward.

Corner isn't a huge issue for another year. Moseley is good. Sherman is excellent. Williams is definitely above average. We have bigger holes at IOL and WR. These should be our priority.
We need a play making DB, saftey or CB idgaf. Get someone in here who can get picks and name isn't Sherman
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
We need a play making DB, saftey or CB idgaf. Get someone in here who can get picks and name isn't Sherman

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Get another edge rusher. They could use a deeper rotation and injury insurance for Dee Ford.

Would you rather draft a late first round project at er, or a late first round project at ol?

If jones blair and taylor can come back from their injuries, I go OL.

BUT, maybe figure out how to get some edge talent by wheeling and dealing some of our doghouse roster. (breida pettis witherspoon goodwin thomas)
AA had a very good year when Dee Ford played. When Ford was out AA disappeared like a majority of his 49er career. Basically, AA looked good when Bosa, Ford, and Buckner were top priorities of the offense. If he wants a modest salary of course he is worth signing, but the franchise tag way too high. A DT that jams up the middle would be better for the team. Byron Jones two career picks no way is he worth it. Ward is hurt every year and is nothing special. I'd rather have Chris Jones or DJ Reader than AA if the price is the same
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm with the DL crowd - we need someone to spell Ford.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 10, 2020 at 2:48 AM ]

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:
You resign Armstead. Rather than a corner, we need to upgrade Ward at FS. He is better than average but not the ideal single high. Not a ballhawk. I'd let him walk if I was confident we could land Delpit. I'd still draft Delpit if we did resign Ward.

Corner isn't a huge issue for another year. Moseley is good. Sherman is excellent. Williams is definitely above average. We have bigger holes at IOL and WR. These should be our priority.

Delpit will be gone in the first 20 or so picks of the first.

Winfield is a guy is love to grab.

I repeat:

WZ logic.

WZ logic indeed.

Nope. If I recall correctly, I posted today on this thread that he would remain a valued member of the secondary. If I recall correctly, those were my exact words posted today on this thread.

Perhaps you missed that.

You're talking about improvement but you sound completely close minded on the thought that Moseley still has room for improvement as a starter.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I repeat:

WZ logic.

WZ logic indeed.

Perhaps you missed that.

You're talking about improvement but you sound completely close minded on the thought that Moseley still has room for improvement as a starter.

In time, Moseley could improve his game, at a game cost to us, to the level a 1st round rookie pick is already at. Better?

It ain't happenin'. The fact that you guys are so pizzed over my posts tells me that I struck a nerve. But it ain't happenin'. In three years as GM, Lynch has spent a 5th rounder on a corner. Starters? UDFA and UDFA. Recently benched ex-starter? 5th round.

But if you guys want to keep stressing out over this, have at it. I'm moving on the speed burner/WR and IOL subjects, where we will spend our 1st round pick. I just read a mock where Delpit fell to us, and that's also a possibility. A CB? Not with Lynch/Saleh/1 pick in the first four rounds.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Maybe we just need another mascot
no bust player.
Share 49ersWebzone