LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

DL or CB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
How about ol? I think you have to add that position.

FA - interior OL should come cheap.

I don't trust FA for secondary help. OLine is a gamble, too, but far less of one imo.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
AA is like a worse version of Calais Campbell, and is worth keeping. We do need another corner eventually so hopefully will get that in free agency or the draft this year or next

We need a CB now. I don't trust a UDFA who started how many games (?) and already blew his assignment on the biggest play of the year, and maybe his career. Moseley should be a valued backup. And he's an upgrade from the 5th rounder who we had to bench because he just kept getting burned again and again, like he did last year.

You don't think we could roll with the same corners as we had last year? Especially if we keep our line together on defense we should produce close to the same result, maybe even better with one more year playing in the same system.
That's most likely going to happen barring injuries.
Resign armstead. Resign jimmy ward if possible...if not let him walk. Trade down to get a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th...draft WR and CB...start transitioning Sherman to free safety...sign a right guard in FA
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
How about ol? I think you have to add that position.

This. There are a few places where we could use some young talent. As far as the draft goes, you have to pick BPA... especially when we don't have a day 2 pick. That 1st rounder has to be a good one. I'd be happy with OL, CB, S, WR, DE, or LB with that pick. As long as it is somebody that can contribute.
  • evil
  • Veteran
AA is like a worse version of Calais Campbell, and is worth keeping. We do need another corner eventually so hopefully will get that in free agency or the draft this year or next

We need a CB now. I don't trust a UDFA who started how many games (?) and already blew his assignment on the biggest play of the year, and maybe his career. Moseley should be a valued backup. And he's an upgrade from the 5th rounder who we had to bench because he just kept getting burned again and again, like he did last year.

You don't think we could roll with the same corners as we had last year? Especially if we keep our line together on defense we should produce close to the same result, maybe even better with one more year playing in the same system.

I repeat:

Moseley - only started a couple games in his entire career, and already blew it. He'd have a bullseye on his chest all season long.
Spoon - been there seen it done it.

Nope, I do not trust that position.

So one bad play from Moseley in the SB throws out any of the good play from 9 starts in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs?
I never thought I would say this but at times Armstead played better than Buckner.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

I repeat:

Moseley - only started a couple games in his entire career, and already blew it. He'd have a bullseye on his chest all season long.

So one bad play from Moseley in the SB throws out any of the good play from 9 starts in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs?

WZ logic.
Get another edge rusher. They could use a deeper rotation and injury insurance for Dee Ford.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
BETWEEN the two, I would rather give it to AA... as much as I don't like the guy it is just my principle to rather give the money to a player who's been w/the team instead of someone who I see on the same level as AA....

Give the money to AA then I'd sign Trae Waynes.. I like him more than Jones.

I repeat:

I know his logic is majorly flawed imo. He did an awesome job at corner all year, he had a target on his back and did well. In my recollection he only gave up a few big plays and a couple intermediate ones. He played like a top 30 corner easily.

I repeat: he played like a top 30 cb

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Resign armstead. Resign jimmy ward if possible...if not let him walk. Trade down to get a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th...draft WR and CB...start transitioning Sherman to free safety...sign a right guard in FA

I'm down with ALL of this. Let Jimmie walk. Transition Sherm and he'll become the real versatile DB we could use

We seriously need a lock down CB, a ball hawk safety and/or one with crazy closing speed... a guard to back up the starters but eventually taking one of their jobs soon

In the draft, FA, whatever, get it done or we ain't gonna do s**t but get all pissed off again after we lose in the playoffs or SB
Originally posted by Hopper:

I repeat:

WZ logic.

A UDFA who was a backup to Spoon until Saleh's hand was forced to start him. You want to continue with him instead of trying to improve.

WZ logic indeed.

I repeat:

I know his logic is majorly flawed imo. He did an awesome job at corner all year, he had a target on his back and did well. In my recollection he only gave up a few big plays and a couple intermediate ones. He played like a top 30 corner easily.

1 INT, 0 forced fumbles, 0 recovered fumbles, 0 sacks,8 passes defensed all year. That last number is 8 as in less even than 10.

This from a guy playing opposite Sherm, who teams avoid.

Gave up the huge play in the 4th qtr in the SB which completely turned the momentum around. Beaten? No, blown assignment.

Buy my logic is majorly flawed. Sometimes I feel like I'm in Wonderland here in the WZ where things are topsy turvy. Maybe I'll pay the Mad Hatter a visit.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

I repeat:

WZ logic.

A UDFA who was a backup to Spoon until Saleh's hand was forced to start him. You want to continue with him instead of trying to improve.

WZ logic indeed.

I agree we need a lock down CB and a ball hawk safety or with with serious closing speed.

However, Moseley did good for being an UDFA with a "bullseye on his chest" ... he needs another camp and more play time for that experience , he's better than AK (fact). Regardless, we still need more help (no matter what) in the secondary

I repeat:

1 INT, 0 forced fumbles, 0 recovered fumbles, 0 sacks,8 passes defensed all year. That last number is 8 as in less even than 10.

This from a guy playing opposite Sherm, who teams avoid.

Gave up the huge play in the 4th qtr in the SB which completely turned the momentum around. Beaten? No, blown assignment.

Buy my logic is majorly flawed. Sometimes I feel like I'm in Wonderland here in the WZ where things are topsy turvy. Maybe I'll pay the Mad Hatter a visit.

Don't worry fellas, Lynch won't do anything rash like spend the 1st on a CB as I suggest. He knows that with that DLine he can get adequate play from mediocre players.

Our 1st will go to a WR or a trade down for the picks for a couple interior OL. So you're stressing about my wish list not reality.
Share 49ersWebzone