LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

What Players Will Not Be on the Roster Next Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
In 2020, Pettis will earn a base salary of $1,061,869, while carrying a cap hit of $1,745,606 and a dead cap value of $1,367,477.

I'd definitely keep him through the preseason and give him every opportunity.
AA gonna walk for the money and play for a miserable team for the next 4 years, instead of taking a few mill less and playing for super bowls every year
I think Kitty Kat stays and Kyle is willing to let this hand play out a few more deals... it may just click with him and he could start producing,, more gifted than Deebo but 10% of the heart
Originally posted by Niners_D:
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm in the minority but I see the front office doing what AB laid out on his website to keep the majority of the team together.

Restructure Jimmy G, Kwon and Fords contracts

Extend Juice & Sherman and reduce next seasons numbers on their new deals

Either cut McKinnon or he comes back on a drastically reduced 1-2 year deal.

Cut Goodwin

Designate S.Thomas as a June cut which saves some $

Deals for Bournce, Brieda, Garland, Blaire & a few others won't cost much

Extend Kittle & Buckner AND resign AA, Sanders

Ward imo is a guy they'll have a hard number on they won't go over and if he he doesn't comeback for that, safety is the pick at 31.

Are you sure? Am I reading it wrong on Over The Cap? Looks to me like the whole cap number is dead money for Thomas if he's cut, with $0 in cap savings if he's cut in the second category. I think the only way we can save half of his number is if he is traded.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/san-francisco-49ers/

Idk, I swore AB tweeted that we save $$ if he's cut post June
  • thl408
What if there was a choice between Ward OR ESanders? Who you re-signing?
Originally posted by thl408:

Sanders. Wards injury history I would just prefer they do not have to depend on him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Sanders. Wards injury history I would just prefer they do not have to depend on him.

this
Replace anyone with whomever is a better player that we can afford. Keep the rest.

Sanders has more reliable history.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Sanders has more reliable history.

i think we can draft a safety that can more than fill wards shoes. we can keep sanders and still draft a rookie. esp if we trade down.. lynch

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I think Kitty Kat stays and Kyle is willing to let this hand play out a few more deals... it may just click with him and he could start producing,, more gifted than Deebo but 10% of the heart

Not more gifted, Deebo has more talent and heart.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
I got a feeling they are going to cut Sanders because he is too expensive. They relied less on him after he came back from injury and more on Deebo. They have Hurd who should be fit and Taylor. It will be interesting if they make the final cut and Sanders it let go.
Originally posted by Goatie:
I got a feeling they are going to cut Sanders because he is too expensive. They relied less on him after he came back from injury and more on Deebo. They have Hurd who should be fit and Taylor. It will be interesting if they make the final cut and Sanders it let go.

Sanders is a FA he cant get cut. Sanders will only not be back because youll have a team pay him more than what we can and he'll take the money.

If they can develop Marcel Harris through another camp, I'm more incline to let Ward go. I think Harris is a better play maker at FS, he's just inexperienced
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

If they can develop Marcel Harris through another camp, I'm more incline to let Ward go. I think Harris is a better play maker at FS, he's just inexperienced

HARRIS!? that guy was a dumpster fire as soon as Tarrt got hurt, plus hes more of a SS. Unless he massively improves I dont want him on the field and pray Tarrt stays healthy all year. That NO game he got owned, the rams game he dropped one of the easiest INT's a guy will get to seal the game and luckily for him we pulled it off
Share 49ersWebzone