LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 177 users in the forums

What Players Will Not Be on the Roster Next Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by proniner1:
Jimmy Ward

He was the #6 safety in the league this year. You willing to let that level talent walk?

Remember, we only have one pick in the first four rounds, and that pick will be a WR or OL, depending on BPA.
If they move Thomas can't that money be used towards AA?
Originally posted by kazak13:
If they move Thomas can't that money be used towards AA?

Thomas comes with 4.6mil dead money and you'd save 4.3 on the cap.

You'll need more than Thomas to keep AA. That then becomes the problem because how many players are worth 1 AA.

Restructuring is our only real chance and even then you have to question the pure amount of $$$ being pumped into the DL and where it leaves you short elsewhere.
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Feb 3, 2020 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
He was the #6 safety in the league this year. You willing to let that level talent walk?

Remember, we only have one pick in the first four rounds, and that pick will be a WR or OL, depending on BPA.

Depends on the price tag.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
I wonder who will not be on the Roster next season?

I would think Pettis, Goodwin and Sanders will be gone. I think Beathard will be gone. It is also likely Spoon will be cut.

What are your thoughts?

We gave up a lot for Sanders, i doubt we let him walk considering his impact.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Armstead better be a top priority re-sign. If you have to let Sanders and Ward walk to re-sign him I would still do it. Don't get me wrong their good players. But Sanders will be 33 and Ward's durability playing 17 games this year was probably an outlier.

Armstead is entering the prime of his career. I'm not letting another team reap the reward after our patience and coaching into him finally paid off.

Our deepest position is DLine. You dont sacrifice other multiple positions to keep it deep.
Originally posted by jcs:
Armstead better be a top priority re-sign. If you have to let Sanders and Ward walk to re-sign him I would still do it. Don't get me wrong their good players. But Sanders will be 33 and Ward's durability playing 17 games this year was probably an outlier.

Armstead is entering the prime of his career. I'm not letting another team reap the reward after our patience and coaching into him finally paid off.

Our deepest position is DLine. You dont sacrifice other multiple positions to keep it deep.
Some of the depth your talking about is on the mend (Taylor,Blair, Street) with serious knee injuries.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Some of the depth your talking about is on the mend (Taylor,Blair, Street) with serious knee injuries.
Blair is the only one of real value of the three guys mentioned
McKinnon gone!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Blair is the only one of real value of the three guys mentioned

Taylor had some value. He was very stout against the run.

I didn't mention it early because I don't see it happening, but Coleman has a 4.9 mil cap hit with zero dead money.

If we're looking to make room I would expect Mckinnon to be the one to go (4mil dead money, 4.5mil saved) but you never know.
Originally posted by Goatie:
I wonder who will not be on the Roster next season?

I would think Pettis, Goodwin and Sanders will be gone. I think Beathard will be gone. It is also likely Spoon will be cut.

What are your thoughts?

We gave up a lot for Sanders, i doubt we let him walk considering his impact.

Pettis and Goodwin are likely gone. May not be able to afford Armstead or Sanders. Spoon is more of a confidence issue, I suspect he will get another shot.

With Mullens as an ERFA, what does that mean for the team? Are we able to keep him at a reasonable amount and if not, I don't see Beathard being cut.
I'm in the minority but I see the front office doing what AB laid out on his website to keep the majority of the team together.

Restructure Jimmy G, Kwon and Fords contracts

Extend Juice & Sherman and reduce next seasons numbers on their new deals

Either cut McKinnon or he comes back on a drastically reduced 1-2 year deal.

Cut Goodwin

Designate S.Thomas as a June cut which saves some $

Deals for Bournce, Brieda, Garland, Blaire & a few others won't cost much

Extend Kittle & Buckner AND resign AA, Sanders

Ward imo is a guy they'll have a hard number on they won't go over and if he he doesn't comeback for that, safety is the pick at 31.
[ Edited by matt49er on Feb 3, 2020 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Ward is walking. Armstead is gone in FA and some dumb team will give him Aaron Donald money

Kittle extension will get done. Sanders, maybe staying on a cheap deal.

Aside from that, I don't see the team changing much. Even Pettis might stay, but depends on if Jalen Hurd can push him off the roster

Next team gonna realize his year was a byproduct of Bosa, Ford, and Buck. No other team has those players up front. Not even close.
Armstead is an absolute key for the future. Cant let him walk now.
Share 49ersWebzone