There are 165 users in the forums

Rabid Reaction: Damn Dirty Birds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Still in the playoffs, but already everyone giving up lol. Some fans...
Lol for real
We won't beat Seattle which makes the playoffs a nightmare of playing tough teams at home. Vegas odds of niners taking the Superbowl went down huge with this loss. Those people look at things objectively and they know this was a huge L. Getting to the playoffs is nice but let's be honest, the 49ers are never happy with just getting to the playoffs..... This was bad, very bad, probably the beginning of the end for this season. When the playoff L comes this game will be the match that lit the fuse.
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
We won't beat Seattle which makes the playoffs a nightmare of playing tough teams at home. Vegas odds of niners taking the Superbowl went down huge with this loss. Those people look at things objectively and they know this was a huge L. Getting to the playoffs is nice but let's be honest, the 49ers are never happy with just getting to the playoffs..... This was bad, very bad, probably the beginning of the end for this season. When the playoff L comes this game will be the match that lit the fuse.

Originally posted by Kyzen:

This lol
we suck against birds! Ravens, cardinals, seahawks, falcons....imagine if we played the eagles too

This lol

This is called playing the odds. Every playoff team has an 8.4% chance to win the SB. Much easier to predict something that is 91.6% likely to happen (a team losing in the playoffs) in order to look smart afterwards and say "told ya".

---

I predict 11 of the 12 playoff teams will not win the SB.

I'll be back in February to brag about going out on a limb with this prediction!

---

Also - after the last five seasons, every fan should be incredibly glad with making the playoffs. Enjoy it while you can, because it's a hell of a lot better than NOT making the playoffs.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 15, 2019 at 7:15 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:

This lol

This is called playing the odds. Every playoff team has an 8.4% chance to win the SB. Much easier to predict something that is 91.6% likely to happen (a team losing in the playoffs) in order to look smart afterwards and say "told ya".

---

I predict 11 of the 12 playoff teams will not win the SB.

I'll be back in February to brag about going out on a limb with this prediction!

Bold move cotton. Let's see if it plays out.
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
It's been a good season.

I think next year we might have another shot at it.

Let's be realistic here though.

We're not going to go up to seattle, then beat the cowboys in dallas, then go beat the saints in the superdome, then beat Seattle in the clink, then beat the Ravens or patriots.

It was a good ride though.

I hate to be negative, but I agree with this. We peaked too soon. Injuries have piled up. We aren't getting our starting center back. The defense is wearing down. My expectations are lower now after the Falcons game. Anything we win from now on is bonus.

I'm willing to give this team a chance until we're officially eliminated.

You never know. Might pull a 2010 Packers or 2007 Giants or 2005 Steelers and win it all. Until we lose in January you can't say the season is done.
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Anything we win from now on is bonus.

Any wins above win #8 has been bonus time. 8-8 was the minimum goal this year. Already well surpassed.
We'll always have the 2012 NFCCG.

Also, 28-3.

Regardless of today's outcome, Niners still had to win in Seattle.
The 3 game gauntlet took a lot out of them.
we get a deflated rams team next week, bring on Seattle for the # 1 seed. The boys will be ready
The second half of our schedule has been brutal, not surprised they lost a game they was expected to win, especially with some big key players out on D too.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
If the 49ers had to lose one of the 3 final games, this was the one to lose. If the 49ers win the final 2, they are 1st seed in the NFC. Good 49ers can beat anyone, bad 49ers couldn't beat most teams in the NFL. We say bad 49ers today, but good 49ers exist too.

Love the optimism. It's one game with three injured starters in the defensive backfield against Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. Geez. You might as well not even watch the rest of the season.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
All of our losses came against birds

We are not good against bird teams.
Share 49ersWebzone