LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NO SAINTS ⚜️ Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online

⛏ SF 49ERS @ NO SAINTS ⚜️ Pregame Thread - 2019 Season Week 14

Originally posted by obx49:
Lol, so let me get this straight. We have two losses both against teams that use the run pass offense. We struggled against a third team that ran the same scheme, correct?

Now you're telling me that's not our biggest weakness? Okay.

Also, you don't need speed to use the run pass option if you know how to run it correctly. Just look at what Josh Allen is doing in Buffalo.

Btw, Russell Wilson is not exactly Lamar Jackson or McCaffery either.

Dude THOSE guys are NFL talents as a QB. Hill is not this is where you seem to not get it.

How many times did wilson keep on the option vs SF? There's a difference between scrambling and actual designed running plays for the QB.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 7, 2019 at 4:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Not sure if this has been posted, but, enjoy...

https://omny.fm/shows/murph-mac-podcast/12-6-zach-striefe-joins-the-show-and-gets-grilled

Haha Hitner is the man. Dude calls it like he sees it. He's right though. SF gets up early Brees will be forced to throw it and bad things happen when SF gets to pin its ears back
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm sure Sean Payton is aware of that stat as well. That's why we need to be wary of Taysom Hill. Our D needs to be aware of where he's lined up and should assign a quick CB on him.

If he does get the ball, which I think he'll get at least 10 to 15 touches, our defense needs to shut that s**t down early. If Hill starts getting chunks of yards ala Wilson and Lamar then we're pretty much f**ked.

Oh f**k Taysom Hill...people like to highlight any good play he has, yet don't show any of trash plays he has as well (which he does).

If the Saints plan is to beat SF with Taysom f**king hill then they already lost.

10-15 touches dude isn't a great RB and sure as s**t isn't a QB at the NFL level. He doesn't have half the athletic ability as Lamar Jackson. Zero threat of him throwing the ball.

FWIW he hasn't touched the ball more than 4 times in a game this yr. I have no idea why his name keeps getting brought up regarding anything.

So you're telling me that Sean Payton is not looking to exploit our biggest weakness? Okay, got it... I guess???

Btw, Hill's name keeps coming up because he's a real threat that can cause a huge headache for our D.

Our biggest weakness isn't a QB who is way worse than Brees as a passer and way worse than Kamara/Murray as a runner.

Building a game plan around him would be really dumb. I certainly hope Payton does it. Please take Brees off the field and replace him with Taysom.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm sure Sean Payton is aware of that stat as well. That's why we need to be wary of Taysom Hill. Our D needs to be aware of where he's lined up and should assign a quick CB on him.

If he does get the ball, which I think he'll get at least 10 to 15 touches, our defense needs to shut that s**t down early. If Hill starts getting chunks of yards ala Wilson and Lamar then we're pretty much f**ked.

Oh f**k Taysom Hill...people like to highlight any good play he has, yet don't show any of trash plays he has as well (which he does).

If the Saints plan is to beat SF with Taysom f**king hill then they already lost.

10-15 touches dude isn't a great RB and sure as s**t isn't a QB at the NFL level. He doesn't have half the athletic ability as Lamar Jackson. Zero threat of him throwing the ball.

FWIW he hasn't touched the ball more than 4 times in a game this yr. I have no idea why his name keeps getting brought up regarding anything.

So you're telling me that Sean Payton is not looking to exploit our biggest weakness? Okay, got it... I guess???

Btw, Hill's name keeps coming up because he's a real threat that can cause a huge headache for our D.

Our biggest weakness isn't a QB who is way worse than Brees as a passer and way worse than Kamara/Murray as a runner.

Building a game plan around him would be really dumb. I certainly hope Payton does it. Please take Brees off the field and replace him with Taysom.

For me our biggest weakness isnt mobile qbs, its Jimmy G giving the ball to the other team. Without a few bad turnovers this team would be undefeated. So for me if Jimmy plays a clean game we win. Not losing any sleep over Taysom Hill.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Originally posted by genus49:

For me our biggest weakness isnt mobile qbs, its Jimmy G giving the ball to the other team. Without a few bad turnovers this team would be undefeated. So for me if Jimmy plays a clean game we win. Not losing any sleep over Taysom Hill.

Love me some Jimmy but this is 100% correct. Yes, he has put this team on his shoulders and played mostly well but him gift wrapping teams TD's has been a difference in these losses.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Love me some Jimmy but this is 100% correct. Yes, he has put this team on his shoulders and played mostly well but him gift wrapping teams TD's has been a difference in these losses.

Yeah he's had some head scratchers that's for sure. Turnovers increase the likelihood of a L.

As far as Mobile quarterbacks being a bugaboo...you can say that for every team in the NFL. Its hard to defend it no matter what defense is facing it.

Glad to hear this! Go 49ers
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Not sure if this has been posted, but, enjoy...

https://omny.fm/shows/murph-mac-podcast/12-6-zach-striefe-joins-the-show-and-gets-grilled

Haha Hitner is the man. Dude calls it like he sees it. He's right though. SF gets up early Brees will be forced to throw it and bad things happen when SF gets to pin its ears back

I loved the part where he said "they're running the same offense they have been for years". aints most overrated team in the nfl. I hope we destroy them.
With 2 LBs out we should be able to move the ball with ease.

Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Nothing comes easy against a 10-2 team but you know Kyle will have some ideas.
NO hasn't given up a 100 yard rusher in like 29 games or something. I won't underestimate that D.
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:

Nothing comes easy against a 10-2 team but you know Kyle will have some ideas.
NO hasn't given up a 100 yard rusher in like 29 games or something. I won't underestimate that D.
Mostly we need relentless pressure on the QB. We get that and good things are gonna happen for us

Hopefully they all have tickets and really loud voices.

Brees gonna have to throw the ball under a pile of Niners
Share 49ersWebzone