LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Flexing to prime time games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
The schedule on the homepage is now saying our game against the Rams is TBA. That mean it's getting flexed? Maybe even to Saturday?

That's been the case since the schedule was released. I don't recall the reason for it but there are a few games that week marked like that.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
The schedule on the homepage is now saying our game against the Rams is TBA. That mean it's getting flexed? Maybe even to Saturday?

I believe that will likely be a Saturday game with the actual kickoff time TBD.
Don't people realize we always lose on Sunday night football. I would rather hear joe buck then al michaels. I hate when we play on Sunday night football
  • thl408
Originally posted by goldensnake:
Don't people realize we always lose on Sunday night football. I would rather hear joe buck then al michaels. I hate when we play on Sunday night football

The last time they were on Sunday Night Football they won in New England.

edit: unless the Seahawks Thanksgiving game counts as Sunday Night Football even though it was on a Thursday.
[ Edited by thl408 on Nov 6, 2019 at 1:22 PM ]

There's supposed to be three games that Saturday and they had five possible games to change from Sunday to Saturday -- one of the games is Rams @ Niners. All three games will get a national broadcast, so I think they'll be flexing that game to Saturday, it's one of the better options.

I'm fine with it. Atlanta is the week before the Rams, so the short week shouldn't be more horrible than usual. Then it gives us an extra day preparing for Seattle.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
There's supposed to be three games that Saturday and they had five possible games to change from Sunday to Saturday -- one of the games is Rams @ Niners. All three games will get a national broadcast, so I think they'll be flexing that game to Saturday, it's one of the better options.

I'm fine with it. Atlanta is the week before the Rams, so the short week shouldn't be more horrible than usual. Then it gives us an extra day preparing for Seattle.

Ideally the Seattle game won't matter, as we'll have locked up the #1 seed, with the Seattle playoff (or not) positioning locked up before the game as well.

If we're fortunate enough for that to be the case I'd like to see our starters play the 1st quarter, or at most 1st half. I don't like the idea of our young team having two weeks off without any game action going into a playoff game. The 1994 49ers played the 1st half against the Vikings in Week 17 and that worked out perfectly. That was the only loss in 1994 in the throwback jerseys, BTW.

Of course, if beating Seattle that week means eliminating them from the playoffs even if our playoff position is locked in prior to the game then you take the opportunity to end their season.
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 6, 2019 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Ideally the Seattle game won't matter, as we'll have locked up the #1 seed, with the Seattle playoff (or not) positioning locked up before the game as well.

If we're fortunate enough for that to be the case I'd like to see our starters play the 1st quarter, or at most 1st half. I don't like the idea of our young team having two weeks off without any game action going into a playoff game. The 1994 49ers played the 1st half against the Vikings in Week 17 and that worked out perfectly. That was the only loss in 1994 in the throwback jerseys, BTW.

Of course, if beating Seattle that week means eliminating them from the playoffs even if our playoff position is locked in prior to the game then you take the opportunity to end their season.

Agree.

Don't give them a sliver of opportunity.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree.

Lol. Wow you guys are looking ahead. I love the enthusiasm! Yeah crush the birds. Eff them. Let Wilson win mvp with no playoff spot. That would be sweet.
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on Nov 8, 2019 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

Agree.

Lol. Wow you guys are looking ahead. I love the enthusiasm! Yeah crush the birds. Eff them. Let Wilson win mvp with no playoff spot. That would be sweet.

I'm guessing it is pretty rare that a player wins the MVP but his team doesn't make the playoffs.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

Agree.

I'm guessing it is pretty rare that a player wins the MVP but his team doesn't make the playoffs.
Yeah after I wrote that, I was wondering the same thing. Lol. I don't even know to tell you the truth. But still would be funny if it happens.

We will know by today if the flex the Packers and Niners game to next Sunday night right?
[ Edited by braap49er on Nov 12, 2019 at 2:25 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hope they dont flex us. Im sick of waiting all day for the game.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
THERE YA GO

Originally posted by braap49er:
We will know by today if the flex the Packers and Niners game to next Sunday night right?
EDIT: nevermind
[ Edited by 49erfaninPA on Nov 12, 2019 at 3:02 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone