LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Flexing to prime time games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if a thread existed but which of the remainder games on schedule can be flexed to primetime/SNF

Any chance Packers 11/24 does and how soon do they announce?
Every game should be on Monday night for the rest of the season!
GB, BAL, and/or NO could be flexed
GB: competing with NE-DAL for flex; would replace SEA-PHI

BAL: no real competition for a flex; would have to dislodge HOU-NE

NO: NE-KC is the completion for a flex; scheduled SNF game is SEA-LAR

In likely order:

1) BAL
2) GB
3) NO

Bear in mind, FOX and CBS have right of refusal to comply with the flex, especially if they have the marquee late afternoon game that week, AKA "America's Game of the Week"

Also, if it has NFCW title implications, either the 2nd Rams game or season finale against Seattle could be flexed...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

In likely order:

1) BAL
2) GB
3) NO

Bear in mind, FOX and CBS have right of refusal to comply with the flex, especially if they have the marquee late afternoon game that week, AKA "America's Game of the Week"

Also, if it has NFCW title implications, either the 2nd Rams game or season finale against Seattle could be flexed...

Thanks - trying to plan my return flight for packers game so hopefully they announce it soon
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

In likely order:

1) BAL
2) GB
3) NO

There is zero chance the NFL flexes out Brady vs Watson
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
You have to keep in mind that the NFL can only flex two games every five weeks.

So if several other games have been flexed recently it is increasingly unlikely the nfl can/will do it.

They can't just flex anything they want.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Also, games have to be flexed two weeks in advance.
Pretty good breakdown here

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/10/16/20916683/49ers-nfl-flex-schedule-sunday-night-football-ravens-saints

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/10/14/20913185/49ers-packers-preview-nfl-flex-schedule-sunday-night-football
If Fox protects Cowboys/Patriots, I could see the Niners Packers game flexed

• Kyzen
dont care about niner games getting flexed, only prime time game i care about is them flexing all the way to the prime time game on super bowl sunday!!!!
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Agreed
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

You're right lol
Originally posted by Kyzen:
dont care about niner games getting flexed, only prime time game i care about is them flexing all the way to the prime time game on super bowl sunday!!!!

Some of us traveling to the games care because it changes the travel plans. I hope the New Orleans game is flexed so we can party longer on burbon st instead of a local noon kickoff : (
Plus a battle for the # 1 seed
Originally posted by corona55569:
Some of us traveling to the games care because it changes the travel plans. I hope the New Orleans game is flexed so we can party longer on burbon st instead of a local noon kickoff : (
Plus a battle for the # 1 seed

It'll even the playing field: west coast teams tend to do better in night games esp. vs a 10am start, for their body clocks
Share 49ersWebzone