Originally posted by jonnydel:
.be
Here's the preview video I was promising

Great video as usual
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
.be

Do you think Kittle wears a speedo while running a speedo concept?

I would hope so
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, jonny.
.be

Finally got to watch this
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
All of which are part of anticipation. Every time I point out an area he can improve people act like I hate the guy. I don't. He's a good QB (not elite yet) but there are things he can do better. Most can be improved with more experience. I don't expect him to read defenses and anticipate where defenders are going to be lie a 5 or 10 year vet at this stage of his career. That only comes with experience. Like I said at the start of this, I bet he wouldn't have made that throw next year knowing the type of player Ramsey is. That's one way you learn. You make a mistake and file it away. To his credit, he recognized the blown coverage by Ramsey late in the game and hit Sanders so it kind of evened out.

I think you are confusing people with your use of the word "anticipation." Normally, when talking about "anticipation" for QBs it refers to their ability to throw to a receiver before the WR is out of their break. Jimmy has shown us many many times that he can throw to receivers before they finish their brake, some of Jimmy's best through throws of the season were when Jimmy threw before the WRs break, like that one to Sanders in the first Zona game. This is what people are referring 90% of the time when they say Jimmy has great "anticipation" and is probably why people are upset when you say Jimmy doesn't have good anticipation.

Hope that helps!
Originally posted by matguy87:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
All of which are part of anticipation. Every time I point out an area he can improve people act like I hate the guy. I don't. He's a good QB (not elite yet) but there are things he can do better. Most can be improved with more experience. I don't expect him to read defenses and anticipate where defenders are going to be lie a 5 or 10 year vet at this stage of his career. That only comes with experience. Like I said at the start of this, I bet he wouldn't have made that throw next year knowing the type of player Ramsey is. That's one way you learn. You make a mistake and file it away. To his credit, he recognized the blown coverage by Ramsey late in the game and hit Sanders so it kind of evened out.

I think you are confusing people with your use of the word "anticipation." Normally, when talking about "anticipation" for QBs it refers to their ability to throw to a receiver before the WR is out of their break. Jimmy has shown us many many times that he can throw to receivers before they finish their brake, some of Jimmy's best through throws of the season were when Jimmy threw before the WRs break, like that one to Sanders in the first Zona game. This is what people are referring 90% of the time when they say Jimmy has great "anticipation" and is probably why people are upset when you say Jimmy doesn't have good anticipation.

Hope that helps!

so well-said and straightforward. I appreciate you articulating this for him.

Broheems and Sisteems, we won in Seattle. There is not greater feeling for me than beating the toots in the Clink.
Not only that, we deprived them of seeing their team play live for at least 9 months. That's amazing.
Watching the film, it felt like we dropped a 40 burger on them with how well the offense moved the ball, almost at will. I've never seen Seattle's defense get completely owned by our offense and especially our QB. Jimmy was darn near perfect in this game and played one of the top 3 games I've ever seen one of our QB's play, the other 2 are close in comparison and are other games by him.
Pretty much, there's no doubt he's the best QB we've had since Steve. We haven't seen a guy throw even with 500 yards of what he's done in 17 years....and that's with "bad" games and "underperforming" games according to some.
Look out for us in the playoffs. We're getting healthier, unlike the other teams in the playoffs, most likely and this offense is humming.

.be
Right on time. I'm at work bored af
Our offense was owning. It's a shame the defense played so poorly in the second half, Seattle was just keeping us off the field and scoring TDs, very disappointing that we didn't just blow them out.
Happy New Year

Awesome as usual

• Antix
  • Veteran
Only reason the game was as close as it was is bc of the Samuel fumble early in the game. Not a knock on him as the DB put a really good hit on him. But if we go up 17-0 instead of 13-0, and everything else stays the same, the game is completely different and we dont have to sweat at the end.

17-0, 17-7, 24-7, 24-14, 31-14, 31-21.

We're up 10 instead of being up 5 (missed 2pt conversion) with the ball. Game is pretty much over. Just one small play that made a really big difference.
  • eman
  • Veteran
Thanks for an amazing season of breaking down film for us Johnny!
Nevermind
[ Edited by BigBossBosa97 on Jan 1, 2020 at 2:50 PM ]
jonny,
In your preview video for this game, you suggested the Niners run more power. Did this happen?
Originally posted by eman:
Thanks for an amazing season of breaking down film for us Johnny!

Absolutely
Share 49ersWebzone