There are 115 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kyle is the play action boss of the NFL.

I love how his runs set up everything and how his offense is so well designed. The details, about how Kittle aimed for the outside shoulder of the safety and the safety jumping on it to prevent the outside run, giving kittle the inside for the bootleg pass. That is just the tiny details that makes Kyle's offense pretty much unstoppable. If Dan Quinn of the falcons was just a better defensive coach, Kyle would have a super bowl ring right now.

Plenty of of NFL offenses teach those kinds of detailed fundamentals. it's not exclusive to Kyle's offense. lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

I love how his runs set up everything and how his offense is so well designed. The details, about how Kittle aimed for the outside shoulder of the safety and the safety jumping on it to prevent the outside run, giving kittle the inside for the bootleg pass. That is just the tiny details that makes Kyle's offense pretty much unstoppable. If Dan Quinn of the falcons was just a better defensive coach, Kyle would have a super bowl ring right now.

Plenty of of NFL offenses teach those kinds of detailed fundamentals. it's not exclusive to Kyle's offense. lol

You mean Jimmy Raye and Greg Roman taught that stuff? Wow!
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

You mean Jimmy Raye and Greg Roman taught that stuff? Wow!

like I said, sorry to burst your little bubble but that stuff isn't exclusive to Shanahan lmao
Toilolo was in to help Skule a lot. Would love to know how much we were in 22 to help the OL overall?

Man, it is so much nicer watching the film on winning football 3 weeks in a row!

Overall - sloppy game, as we all know. Don't know if it was a trap game or if we simply were coming off an emotional low after the 2 weeks on the road. Whatever the case, it was great to see us overcome 5 turnovers and still win the game. The defense is looking more and more legit each week. We'll talk about the specific areas that I want to highlight.

Jimmy G - In my opinion, he played his best or at least second best game of his career. There was only one play where I thought he made a poor decision, and it still was a completion over 10 yards. Pittsburg mixed up man, cover 3 and a fire zone blitz as their primary coverages and did a really good job of hiding when they were in each one. That allowed them to get free runners at Jimmy several times, nearly every time he was able to make them pay, hung in there and did what really good QB's do to opposing teams. I don't put quite as much on the O-line as I would've before watching the film, PITT, like I said, did a really good job of hiding their blitzes and scheming a pass rush, Jimmy was just better than really good. If Kwon Alexander were to describe Jimmy's performance, it'd be one word, "legendary".

Defense - They played really well at all 3 levels and we're starting to see the elevated play and pass rush created by the D-line trickle down to the other positions. Sherm is looking like he did in Seattle when he was a dominant corner. Able to do what he does best and smother anything to his side of the field.

When I watched the game live I thought Moore took a really bad angle on the Smith-Schuster play but after watching it from all-22, he didn't take a bad angle, JuJu just gave him a little half stutter. Just a really good player making a good play.

The pass rush was intense all game and it made Rudolph extremely uncomfortable in the pocket, hurrying his reads and making him throw off target. PITT's LT Villenueva had a rough day. He got bull rushed by 3 different guys. We have enough quality on that line to keep coming at offenses with numerous players. It was awesome to watch.

Offense - While sloppy in many areas, they still drove the ball, almost at will, chewed up a ton of yardage and won the game for us. Lots of good stuff, but, we gotta clean up those turnovers.

Overall, great game. Should have been a blowout. We won in all 3 phases of the game and our coaches out-coached the other side. That's saying something considering Tomlin is one of the best in the game. But, there's no doubt we had a better plan on both sides of the ball.
.be
Any word on the long pass to Deebo? Good throw? Bad throw?
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Any word on the long pass to Deebo? Good throw? Bad throw?

Good throw, great play by Haden. It was like the play McCourty made in the SB to knock the ball away in the endzone.
Q3 at 1:42 (2nd and 8). The move to get open was dirty!

Is it me or were receivers making good moves to get open, even if the ball went somewhere else?
  • thl408
I've only watched the 49er defense so far. The 49ers really mixed things up defensively and I liked how they disguised their looks for the young QB. There was some stat that stated PIT only completed two passes over 10 air yards downfield, or something like that. Everything else was bubble screens or checkdowns. That is dominant albeit versus a QB making his first start. I'll show many of the 3rd downs on defense that allowed the 49ers to get off the field as they held PIT to 3-12 on 3rd downs.
I'll watch the 49er offense tonight.

Originally posted by thl408:
I've only watched the 49er defense so far. The 49ers really mixed things up defensively and I liked how they disguised their looks for the young QB. There was some stat that stated PIT only completed two passes over 10 air yards downfield, or something like that. Everything else was bubble screens or checkdowns. That is dominant albeit versus a QB making his first start. I'll show many of the 3rd downs on defense that allowed the 49ers to get off the field as they held PIT to 3-12 on 3rd downs.

Are they still lining up in wide 9 alignments? I really haven't noticed it much
  • thl408
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by thl408:

Are they still lining up in wide 9 alignments? I really haven't noticed it much

Yes they are.
Kyle's running game seems really good right out of the gate this year. Would be fun to throw in a few breakdowns of run plays
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kyle's running game seems really good right out of the gate this year. Would be fun to throw in a few breakdowns of run plays

my plan is to work the passing game, then some defense, then run game
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

my plan is to work the passing game, then some defense, then run game

Share 49erswebzone