LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Good news is his name disappeared from the docket. As noted, depends on Goodell. Hopefully he will recall the injury yr we had last yr and have received enough punishment already. I hope he does the right thing...for a change.

I really hope for our sake he's not suspended or cut. One of the better players on our defense last season.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So is he not getting suspended or what?

Not sure what happened with his court case but I would doubt he does. Maybe 1 game

I heard on the Matt Maiocco podcast today, his 2nd degree assault charge was dropped. He's free.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I really hope for our sake he's not suspended or cut. One of the better players on our defense last season.

I don't think there's a chance he gets cut, especially after all that buttering he got from Demeco lol
Originally posted by NCommand:

Not sure what happened with his court case but I would doubt he does. Maybe 1 game

I heard on the Matt Maiocco podcast today, his 2nd degree assault charge was dropped. He's free.

That's great news. I doubt the league suspends him. They hardly do enough on domestic violence and child abuse. I doubt beating up a guy and then the charges get dropped warrants a suspension when women and child abuse only get like 6 games.
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Jun 3, 2021 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Howlett49:

That's great news. I doubt the league suspends him. They hardly do enough on domestic violence and child abuse. I doubt beating up a guy and then the charges get dropped warrants a suspension but women and child abuse gets like 6 games.

Yes sir.

yup....nice

That's great news. I doubt the league suspends him. They hardly do enough on domestic violence and child abuse. I doubt beating up a guy and then the charges get dropped warrants a suspension but women and child abuse gets like 6 games.

Yes sir.

Problem is the commish. Peckerwood seems to come down on the wrong side of everything at times...ok, many times. When he comes to a fork in the road he takes it...the wrong fork, that is (last part wasn't Yogi's)
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Yes sir.

Problem is the commish. Peckerwood seems to come down on the wrong side of everything at times...ok, many times. When he comes to a fork in the road he takes it...the wrong fork, that is (last part wasn't Yogi's)

It seems like decades ago when we were as worried about a player getting suspended vs get injured. Almost a 1:1 ratio.

Besides Rueben Foster and this Givens situation, have we had anyone get in trouble off the field during Kyle's tenure?

It seems like no but I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.
When was his assault charges dropped? First i'm hearing of it...but happy to hear it.
Don't sleep.

So it's DJ Jones, Kinlaw, Givens, Kerr, Hurst. That's great DT depth imo. Specially if the DE can stay healthy so Armstead can play more inside.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
So it's DJ Jones, Kinlaw, Givens, Kerr, Hurst. That's great DT depth imo. Specially if the DE can stay healthy so Armstead can play more inside.

Maybe the best depth we've had since I've started watching football. Not the best starters but the depth is elite.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

K.Street as well. Question is how many DT's are they keeping.
Originally posted by Hopper:

We have 5 DTs not even counting AA so I think Streets is finally gone unless we have an injury
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hopper:

We have 5 DTs not even counting AA so I think Streets is finally gone unless we have an injury

Trade fodder for a late round pick in 2022.
Share 49ersWebzone