LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Defensive Line Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
3 of the 9ers DEs didn't play.

Who gets cut from the Bosa Ford Blair Street group?

Nooooooooobody.

Ya doubt any of them get cut. Maybe Street.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Sack Francisco 49ers
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
damn son, we got so many dudes on the d-line. You can't flip one or two of these guys for some decent o-line depth?

Common sense isnt this team's forte
Let's follow Tom Cable's lead. Convert some of these guys to offensive line
Man do i LOVE our DLine, even without Ford and Bosa.
Getting my popcorn out for the time this line is at full strenght.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
damn son, we got so many dudes on the d-line. You can't flip one or two of these guys for some decent o-line depth?

Common sense isnt this team's forte

Tell me of some teams flush with o-line depth? Throw out some names of players that would make for a fair trade on both sides?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Man do i LOVE our DLine, even without Ford and Bosa.
Getting my popcorn out for the time this line is at full strenght.

We've probably got the best DL in the league. Will be fun to watch them all year.
The D-line without 3 of our starters was hot fire last night....I was expecting pressure on every play the way things were going (and it was happening). This group is gonna do some serious damage this yr

arrow up!
I was just going to make a post about this dude. He absolutely stood out to me as well.

Yea I was impressed pretty much by the entire d line. Street looked better and whoever 78 is might've earned him a spot. Is Blair hurt or they not playing him? I haven't noticed him much in both games. This dude Givens looking pretty solid as well. Great foundation looking like right now on all levels of the d line

• Antix
  • Veteran
All the investment is starting to show up. If we can stay healthy on defense we will be much better.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I was just going to make a post about this dude. He absolutely stood out to me as well.

I'm not sure how you leave a guy like that off the roster. I know he may have been playing against other scrubs, but that acceleration after the snap and his effective use of hands stands out. On top of that, he probably played 39 straight games without injury at a top level program

If you try to put him on the practice squad, some other team is going to pick him off of waivers.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
I'm not sure how you leave a guy like that off the roster. I know he may have been playing against other scrubs, but that acceleration after the snap and his effective use of hands stands out. On top of that, he probably played 39 straight games without injury at a top level program

If you try to put him on the practice squad, some other team is going to pick him off of waivers.

Dude, he was playing against their 1's! Givens started the game. The team must know they have something in him.

He was also whooping up on a guy many on here are unhappy the 49ers didn't draft instead of Deebo lol.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 20, 2019 at 9:52 AM ]
The DL is by far and away the best unit on this team. I have a feeling they are going to be great this year.
Originally posted by captainhook:
The DL is by far and away the best unit on this team. I have a feeling they are going to be great this year.

They played great, then you see DeFo, Bosa, and Ford in street clothes and realize how much or better the regular season version will be. Should be nasty through 4 quarters with all the depth.
Share 49ersWebzone