LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Defensive Line Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Before anyone b***hes about the W9, they were actually blown up up inside all day. And Blair was at end on the TD instead of an actual ER. I didn't think anyone would ever be able to run up inside on us. Ever. Any theories???
Originally posted by NCommand:
Before anyone b***hes about the W9, they were actually blown up up inside all day. And Blair was at end on the TD instead of an actual ER. I didn't think anyone would ever be able to run up inside on us. Ever. Any theories???

I don't think they are necessarily looking for the front four to dominate the LOS. I think they want the front four to have enough juice to win on third down late into games.
So, that's why Armstead and Buckner look like vegan rock climbers than prime Calais Campbell / Richard Seymour.
1st game and we got a glimpse of what it could be, considering fatigue Bc of the heat and our 2 edge rushers not 100% the D-Line played well, Bosa is a beast just needs to tackle the QB, which kind of worries me with Kyler and Wilson who are way more athletic and slippery, but I'll stay away from the negatives since we won, I honestly feel it's only going to get better for these studs..!!
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Overall.. They made the game whining play with the pressure. Buuuuuut lacked pressure for a majority of the game and got gashed the second half.

Lacked getting pressure? Da fook you talking about?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Overall.. They made the game whining play with the pressure. Buuuuuut lacked pressure for a majority of the game and got gashed the second half.

Lol gashed ? That entire drive Jones had nice runs the starters weren't even in, they were gassed not gashed..

Good first game for them
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Lol gashed ? That entire drive Jones had nice runs the starters weren't even in, they were gassed not gashed..

I think Taylor and Day were in most of that drive and I was screaming about it. Then they put Buckner back in and he blew up the next two plays by himself, and it made more sense.
I love Blair but my goodness, I don't know if he's still hurt or what. He looked incredibly slow and ineffective today. Hate to say it, but kind of feel like maybe Moore would've been better.

I didn't really notice Solomon much. Didn't see anything bad but didn't see anything good either.

Bosa - good
Ford - good
Buckner - good
Armstead - good
Jones - OK
Day - neutral
Thomas - neutral
Blair - not so good
Taylor - terrible
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 8, 2019 at 7:25 PM ]
  • Kyzen

Legit, lets build on this win and heres to staying healthy!!!!

All the pics Winston threw were due to pressure. The D-line was in the backfield all day on passing plays. They need to do a better job up the middle against the run.

• thl408
Bosa and Ford each had downs where they were lined up inside. Buck had some downs where he was lined up at DE. AA was also used inside and outside. They are lining some of these guys up everywhere.
This defense is going to cause a ton of turnovers if they play like this every week. Our DB's and LB's will start having the confidence to cheat and jump routes because they know the QB has 2-3 secs to get rid of it.

If everyone stays healthy, one can argue that they might be the best pass rush in the NFL.
Originally posted by thl408:
Bosa and Ford each had downs where they were lined up inside. Buck had some downs where he was lined up at DE. AA was also used inside and outside. They are lining some of these guys up everywhere.

Ya that was actually good to see. Idk about both Ford and Bosa inside, but its nice to see that we arent just going again with a vanilla cover 3.
Share 49ersWebzone